Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #14,821 of 63,834
Decided to go nuts and sample the KZ line and some other overhyped budget-fi IEMs because my cat decided to eat my Yamaha EPH-100 cable 
angry_face.gif

So I set out to find a new sound sig or three... for science...

KZ ZST colored w/ silver cable
KZ ATR
KZ ATE
KZ ATE-S
KZ ZS3
KZ HDS3
KZ-ED9

Superlux HD381F
Xiaomi Hybrid dual driver
VE Monk+
Kinera BD005 red

Total: $1095 $140 lol seriously???  
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
  such hype
blink.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #14,822 of 63,834
  Decided to go nuts and sample the KZ line and some other overhyped budget-fi IEMs because my cat decided to eat my Yamaha EPH-100 cable 
angry_face.gif

So I set out to find a new sound sig or three... for science...

KZ ZST colored w/ silver cable
KZ ATR
KZ ATE
KZ ATE-S
KZ ZS3
KZ HDS3
KZ-ED9

Superlux HD381F
Xiaomi Hybrid dual driver
VE Monk+
Kinera BD005 red

Total: $1095 $140 lol seriously???  
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
  such hype
blink.gif

If you want something unique from KZ's line consider getting the ZS1. They are an underappreciated gem in my opinion whereas you have two or three earphones in that lineup whose qualities I consider interchangeable with another model's.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #14,823 of 63,834

If you want something unique from KZ's line consider getting the ZS1. They are an underappreciated gem in my opinion whereas you have two or three earphones in that lineup whose qualities I consider interchangeable with another model's.

I'll look into the ZS1 for my next purchase.  Always looking for that unappreciated gem, that diamond in the rough. 

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #14,824 of 63,834

I'll look into the ZS1 for my next purchase.  Always looking for that unappreciated gem, that diamond in the rough. 

I wouldn't say they're a diamond but they offer a unique experience. Most songs sound like you are inside a studio and have a warm blanket of bass surrounding you. They don't muddy up details, they don't negatively impact frequencies significantly but they make you feel as if you are in a different place in time.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #14,825 of 63,834

I wouldn't say they're a diamond but they offer a unique experience. Most songs sound like you are inside a studio and have a warm blanket of bass surrounding you. They don't muddy up details, they don't negatively impact frequencies significantly but they make you feel as if you are in a different place in time.

Seems a bit like my Sennheiser PX 100-II, which I enjoy very much for what it is.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #14,826 of 63,834
Not only Px100 but also many other full size headphones should be reconsidered.
Frankly speaking we now face huge barrier of the money paid already for those big phones.
I think these Chinese small ones are not far from big phones.
Only obvious advantage of big phones is their longer cable that allows me around my desktop setting.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #14,828 of 63,834
Kz ed09 is a good start.
When you begin to collect kz lines, you might recognize ed09 is their best seller. The package is better than their siblings and cable also better as well.

Zs1 is also good choice if like bass.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #14,829 of 63,834
  guys so im intend to buy kz iems and i would like to know which of those is worth to buy and those which arent, when i say worth i mean the highests in benefict by value ty so much :D

Depends on your sound preference.

If you like warm sounding earphones then you should consider the KZ ZS3, ED9, ATR or ZS1 (the most unique out of those).

If you like more analytical earphones neutral-sounding or bright, then consider the KZ ATE (fifth generation, the current one) or the KZ ZST respectively.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #14,830 of 63,834
guys , who of you are using an extra amp with your KZ IEM. ?   i have a Fiio A3 working with my Galaxy S7 edge .... 
I wonder how you adjust volume ?  phone at 95 % and adjust on the amp ore amp at 90 % and adjust on the phone  ?  whats best ?  

Jeroen 

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #14,831 of 63,834
Weaker on your phone side (not too weak) and control your amp volume in order to preventing clipping on amp side, I think.
However you might better try.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #14,832 of 63,834

That's a nice shopping spree! :smiley: I can vouch for: ZST, ATE, MONK+, KINERA, they are all used and appreciated by me :smiley:

p.s. monk+ were trumped by ty hi-z 32ohm in my case

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #14,833 of 63,834
  guys , who of you are using an extra amp with your KZ IEM. ?   i have a Fiio A3 working with my Galaxy S7 edge .... 
I wonder how you adjust volume ?  phone at 95 % and adjust on the amp ore amp at 90 % and adjust on the phone  ?  whats best ?  

Jeroen 

I use an amp when I'm at my desktop and I use my phone when I'm not. I think that if you're using an amp your source device should be set at 100% volume and you should regulate volume at the amplifier.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #14,834 of 63,834

Jeroen 

I've seen measurements of the headphone out of my phone, and that it distorts on max volume, at least with simulated headphones plugged in. So for my LG G2 i guess 70% volume would be the best, and then adjust the rest with external amp. Too low volume from the phone makes the amp amplify noise as well, probably.

you can always test different combinations, and listen for differences?

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #14,835 of 63,834
That's a nice shopping spree! :smiley: I can vouch for: ZST, ATE, MONK+, KINERA, they are all used and appreciated by me :smiley:

p.s. monk+ were trumped by ty hi-z 32ohm in my case

Kinera is a brand, not an earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back