Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #14,611 of 63,786
many people are appreciating the ed9 with the balanced nozzles, so i'm not sure that everyone who likes KZ is bass-loving creatures? The hds1 is appreciated by several of us here, even though it isn't as popular as the ed9/zs3/ate/atr in this thread.

Most of the review work is already done, yes? So maybe an english version doesn't have to be very time-consuming
etysmile.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #14,612 of 63,786
  i'm not sure why the hds3 isn't popular around here. i like the hds1, but haven't tried the hds3. maybe the hds2 ruined the reputation for the hds-series?

do you have any plans for an english review? My very basic german understanding might not be enough for understanding the review
biggrin.gif
(even though i had top grades from the german class in school, when i studied german as third language in my 7th-9th year at school, 15 years ago...)
there's many german words that are similar in swedish as well, but i guess google translate would have to help me if you don't plan to review it in english as well.

i'd like to see the hds3 review in english as well--i'm another of its rare fans.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #14,614 of 63,786
  The HDS3 - IMO the best KZ so far. Other measurements for comparison: http://headflux.de/messungen/ And my full review in German: http://headflux.de/knowledge-zenith-kz-hds3/

That's not a statement I would have expected to see directed towards the HDS3. I too would love to see your review converted to English at some point if possible. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the HDS3's sound, but I do like everything else.The HDS3 started off on the wrong foot with some terrible QC issues, so it's awesome to see a less popular model get it's due!

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #14,616 of 63,786
My KZ ZS3's arrived a couple hours ago...so happy with them, highly recommend! Bass is great...was worried that it wouldn't have enough for my tastes...but it definitely does! Got a good seal with the default tips after inserting a few times as I am new to the CIEM technique and so happy. Massive shout out @Vidal for the help and sale http://www.aproear.co.uk/

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #14,620 of 63,786
Yes i did take the ring of one of my atr and ate,s because the super small (RED) of my Sony-hybrids were Looking more cone shaped den rounded on them.
And it made no perceivable difference to my ears.
atsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #14,622 of 63,786
I would recommend ATR, they have tight, more prominent and detailed bass than ATE and soundstage width comes more into play than with ATE which soundstage is bigger and has more frontal depth but can sound little too "laid-back" and distant sound for many who haven`t used and experienced big soundstage with great mastering records.

How do Atr compare with kz Ed9 and kz zs1, in terms of bass and soundstage?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #14,623 of 63,786
That's not a statement I would have expected to see directed towards the HDS3. I too would love to see your review converted to English at some point if possible. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the HDS3's sound, but I do like everything else.The HDS3 started off on the wrong foot with some terrible QC issues, so it's awesome to see a less popular KZ get it's due!

Okay you guys convinced me to translate the review :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back