Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #14,131 of 63,834
Guys I need eartip recommendations for the ED9... they need to be smaller than the T400 medium but still be able to not only keep a good seal but stay well inside my ear because otherwise they rub against it on the end and become uncomfortable to wear after a while. Right now I'm using the small tips that come with them stock but I have to adjust them every now and then, it's just not ideal. I love the way they sound with the Comply-esque tips I have, but then they rub against my ear. Can anyone suggest tips that would solve my issue?

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #14,132 of 63,834
Pretty sure it's a renamed ED2, my friend has the ED2 and from what I can tell it's pretty balanced.

Nope, edr2 and ed2 are quite different iem, physically they share tha same housing type, but with different material. ed2 and edr1 are identical though

Second, edr2 has similar v-shaped sound as edr1/ed2. Yet it has some difference, particularly less muddy bass and bit more airy treble than edr1

Though the quality control is like a middle finger to us the customer, many reported that their edr2 housing falling off because the lack of glue(mine included)

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #14,133 of 63,834
Again, You make general statements about ATR - with Your gear, Your preferences, Your music taste and Your ears - that doesn`t mean they sound very boring to everyone else too! There are many here who love them very much and do not find them "boring" with plenty of details (actually with my gear I find them equal even with some BA hybrids I have).

What I`m trying to say, again - be more objective :wink:  

The dude's just voicing his opinion of the ATR. Audio is damn subjective, and everyone knows it. No need to pressure him into saying that the ATR is a super fun headphone. There are plenty of others who will do that, including me.

If he doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it. Maybe it's a QC or fit issue, idk. But I think it's 100% okay for him to say that the ATR are boring if he wants. There's no need for everyone to think alike.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #14,134 of 63,834
The dude's just voicing his opinion of the ATR. Audio is damn subjective, and everyone knows it. No need to pressure him into saying that the ATR is a super fun headphone. There are plenty of others who will do that, including me.

If he doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it. Maybe it's a QC or fit issue, idk. But I think it's 100% okay for him to say that the ATR are boring if he wants. There's no need for everyone to think alike.

+1. the poster seems to be a sincere chap (not one of those reflexive haters) and i for one find it helpful to hear contrary impressions even if i might disagree with them

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #14,137 of 63,834
Just got my colored ZST in the mail... And wow. They are so much more comfortable than the ZS3. And they look awesome.
Soundwise, they have a better sound stage than the ZS3, although not quite as much bass - but still plenty, don't get me wrong. I will post a more detailed comparison to the ZS3 in a bit.

To bad they forgot to put the silver cable I ordered along with it :/ It's listed in the package contents, but definitely wasn't included :/

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #14,138 of 63,834

+1. the poster seems to be a sincere chap (not one of those reflexive haters) and i for one find it helpful to hear contrary impressions even if i might disagree with them

Agreed. I'm not trying to offend anyone or target anyone, I am just giving my own personal impressions of a KZ IEM I own, in a KZ impressions thread. I prefer the ZST's, others may prefer the ZS3 or ATR's. At the extremley low price, I suggest trying them yourself to form your own opinion. Both the ZST and ATR can be had for under $20 currently.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #14,139 of 63,834
Just got my colored ZST in the mail... And wow. They are so much more comfortable than the ZS3. And they look awesome.
Soundwise, they have a better sound stage than the ZS3, although not quite as much bass - but still plenty, don't get me wrong. I will post a more detailed comparison to the ZS3 in a bit.

To bad they forgot to put the silver cable I ordered along with it :/ It's listed in the package contents, but definitely wasn't included :/

Yeah! The ZST's are very comfortable with the starlines. I've slept with them in! Stinks about the cable, but there is no change in sound so grab a refund and wait for another :). I imagine it looks very good on the ZST colorfuls!

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #14,140 of 63,834
I think I read thru ~200 pages of this! Gonna order the zs3 and zst. The zs3 glossy and the zst colorful are the "2nd" versions right? Want to make sure I get the newly tuned ones.

I've been using xiaomi pistons gen 1 through gen 5 (the latest triple hybrid Pro HD) as my daily drivers, looking forward to trying some of these other Chinese IEMs everyone has been so excited over.

Anyone compare the sendiy m1221 with the KZs? I think I only read one review on that, saying they're much better tuned. Of course price is also quite a bit higher...

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #14,141 of 63,834
I just typed out an entire paragraph about the ED12's, but then went and tried random top 50 music after testing a few hours of soul/funk from Soulection and I erased all of it. These have a very unique sound signature that soul/funk (eg: soulection - joe kay weekly mixes) sound good on, but practically nothing else sounds good. Soundstage is there, but not enormous. They sound like you're listening to a cassette. I would never recommend these at a price higher than $4.

Current List For Me (In Order):
ZST
ATR
ATE
ED12

I need to get my hands on a pair of ZS3's :) ZST 'Pro' Colorfuls have been shipped!

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #14,142 of 63,834
The ED12's sure are gorgeous though!

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #14,143 of 63,834
KZ should just sell a KZstarterpack with their top5iems at a special price...!!

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #14,144 of 63,834
  KZ should just sell a KZstarterpack with their top5iems at a special price...!!

Like a box of chocolate
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back