Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 24, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #13,681 of 63,834
  It's been a while since I dabbled in KZ in-ears. I see the ZS3 and ZST popping up here and there. Which one would you recommend for someone who likes a laidback sound signature and a bit of bass emphasis yet is not keen on a very sharp high end? My hearing can't really deal with too crispy upper mids/highs around 5-8 KhZ for some reason.

ATR

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #13,682 of 63,834
ZST are very good and with the silver cable they are even better, that's what I can say about them as a user. Now they are for 11.49usd at GB, by the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn, gotta try them out for such price! But I want ZST colorful because if I don`t like them, I can use shells for modding ;P

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #13,683 of 63,834
I just came across an offer for the KZ ZN1, which appears to be the usual KZ wonder with built in AMP! but I can't really find any reviews here or elsewhere (other than gearbest at al), it's just mentioned in one other review. 

Not that it would really fit my gym usage, having an amp box dangling around, but I am intrigued now. Anyone? Bueller? 

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #13,684 of 63,834
  I just came across an offer for the KZ ZN1, which appears to be the usual KZ wonder with built in AMP! but I can't really find any reviews here or elsewhere (other than gearbest at al), it's just mentioned in one other review. 

Not that it would really fit my gym usage, having an amp box dangling around, but I am intrigued now. Anyone? Bueller? 

That's a very old KZ. Don't have it, but I think the impressions were quite positive. I guess you will find a lot of information about it in this thread, but you will have to filter it, for KZ, a little after releasing the amped version of the ZN1, released a ZN1 "mini" without the amp, so many impressions refer to this unamped version. I believe, also, that the ZS1, which has the same earpiece form factor and double dynamic drivers, is "bassier", and that the ZN1/ZN1 mini were more refined. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #13,685 of 63,834

That's a very old KZ. Don't have it, but I think the impressions were quite positive. I guess you will find a lot of information about it in this thread, but you will have to filter it, for KZ, a little after releasing the amped version of the ZN1, released a ZN1 "mini" without the amp, so many impressions refer to this unamped version. I believe, also, that the ZS1, which has the same earpiece form factor and double dynamic drivers, is "bassier", and that the ZN1/ZN1 mini were more refined. 

It's not that old; September 2015. Initial impressions start around here; http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/6405#post_11918384 
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #13,686 of 63,834

Gearbest support informed me earlier this week (Monday) that they have insufficient stock for the ZS3 so dispatching is delayed.

Had mine switched for two ATRs (http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_432000.html?vip=535091) since I already have a ZS3 :)

Other than a slightly loose filter/dustcap at one of my ZS3 nozzles build quality is fine :)

Got the same issue regarding my ordered pair of ZS3's, customer service told me stocks sold out so quick that I have to wait 7-15 days before they can ship out my pair. Eventually, they sent my pair after a week or so and gave me some points for waiting. 

Yeaaah, GearBest is rather slow with shipping gear out at the moment.  Still waiting (two weeks later) for my ZST's and ED12's to ship.  When I ordered my ATR's and ZS3's they were fairly quick about it.

+10 on GB shipping being so damn slow. If not for their best prices for KZs I would've ordered my pairs on Ali, takes only 2 weeks to get to my place from wherever in china.

​Even though the ED12's have had less than stellar reviews, I have found that they respond very well to equalization.  If your source has an equalizer and you find that the ED12's sound signature is not to your liking, I'm sure you can have some fun with the equalizer and the ED12s while waiting for your other KZs.  I found the following EQ to my liking

64hz      -1.5
125hz    -2.5
250hz    -1
500hz    +2
1000hz  +1

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! duly noted!

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #13,687 of 63,834

It's not that old; September 2015. Initial impressions start around here; http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/6405#post_11918384 
beerchug.gif

Only a year and peanuts? Jeeezzz... time flies. By the amount of new IEMs from KZ, it seemed they were older then they are. Sorry 'bout that. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #13,688 of 63,834

Only a year and peanuts? Jeeezzz... time flies. By the amount of new IEMs from KZ, it seemed they were older then they are. Sorry 'bout that. 

Hahah, no worries man! KZ moves fast. Off the top of my head, since then we've gotten; ZS1, ZS2, ZN1 Mini, HDS1/2/3, EDR2, ATE, ATE-S, ATR, ED12, ZS3, ED3C, Z1, ED4, S1, ZST, and probably more. Whew!

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #13,689 of 63,834
  Yeaaah, GearBest is rather slow with shipping gear out at the moment.  Still waiting (two weeks later) for my ZST's and ED12's to ship.  When I ordered my ATR's and ZS3's they were fairly quick about it.

The problem might be related to the high volume of packages due to 11.11 ( single's day) and don't forget gifts/decoration/whatever for Christmas and New Year
I wouldn't be surprised if not all the post services across Asia are saturated. \\

Edit: interested in ZSR. Keep us posted

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #13,691 of 63,834

Bought it during the 11.11 sale of 2015 and thinking back they were really good. A bit darker than the UE TF10 but with the amp you can tune it to your liking. I sold them cause the amp was just at an uncomfortable spot. Would insta buy for 20 euro but only 2 or 3 shops sell them for over $40

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #13,693 of 63,834
ATR is now 4$ , ZS3 is almost 9$.

I can get two earphones for the price of one ZS3 and i read they are the same in sound quality.

Is the ZS3 ANY better than ATR?

They are different. Both are pretty good in their own ways. If you can afford it get both :wink: Check out my review, I find that ZS3 on upgraded cables is pretty good though stock with good tips is OK as well.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #13,694 of 63,834
  The problem might be related to the high volume of packages due to 11.11 ( single's day) and don't forget gifts/decoration/whatever for Christmas and New Year
I wouldn't be surprised if not all the post services across Asia are saturated. \\

Edit: interested in ZSR. Keep us posted

AE is on slow mode too. Some of my 11-11 buys took 2 or 3 days to confirm payment and one or 2 more days to be sent... I guess I will get them before Xmas... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back