Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #13,141 of 63,672
Been a while since i bought  a KZ iem. Bought KZ ATE and ED10 last year and came out unimpressed. I found the ATE pretty uncomfortable to wear and ED10 was a tad harsh to my ears. Also didn't like the cables on them.

Would love to know which KZ models are worth checking out right now ? Looking for a warm to neutral sounding earphones

I also came across the HDS2, which looks basically a clone of the Yamaha EPH100 (which i absolutely adore). I will get them just because of that, but what do they sound like?

I don't think HDS2 got any positive impressions from the few people who bought them.

I would recommend ED3c for energetic signature and EDR2, for a more neutral signature. Or you can also try ED7 mini that while I don't have, the few impression from those who have them seem to suggest that it has a warm signature like ate with a bit more bass.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #13,142 of 63,672
I really tried but don't hear tighter bass with the holes closed. It sounds darker instead, just as what closing the vents on some other earphones do. To me then. I do have more atrs so I'll be comparing the removed backplate to the normal one in short time.

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #13,143 of 63,672
Idk, maybe You have less powerful amp, listen vastly different genre, source gear isn`t so resolving, different tips & ear canal fit or something else.
They certainly are not darker sounding.
Like I said, maybe it is Your source gear and/or You personal hearing is different. Btw, are You using KZ "starline" tips?
Anyway, as much as I`ve read Your posts and impressions and add the fact that You don`t hear source gear differences etc. - our experience and opinions just do not align most of time. Not saying You hear wrong or I`m right - ppl hear differently etc.

Edit: Btw, I now had time to ran through all my 8x ATR properly and good news - they all sound same to me (with "starline" tips) and have same good build quality. I ordered 2x 4-pack from gearbest and one pack had QC marks on package and silicone tips installed in stock, the other 4 had no QC sticker but were closed in wrap-plastic and had foam tips installed as stock. Firstly I was afraid that they sound little different but I can now confirm that there are no difference in build quality and sound quality - great job KZ! First time I can say good things about KZ quality control and stability.

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #13,144 of 63,672
Just got my ZS3 but it feels that the right driver is louder than the left. I don't know if it's placebo or it really is imbalance. Has anyone encountered this before? If so is there anyway to fix it or I have to get them exchanged?

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #13,146 of 63,672
I had this problem with my ATE, the first pair came with channel imbalance, test it with that for example: https://youtu.be/hTvJoYnpeRQ

In my case the seller sent me a new pair.

Thank you so much! They are indeed imbalance. Compared it to my k550 and m6 pro and the difference became really apparent. Gonna request for a new pair.

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #13,147 of 63,672
The more I use the ZS3, the more I convinced they were a mistake from another brand regarding ergonomics and wanted to get rid of the shells. The cable goes far from the ear and the nozzle goes a bit low. The ATR (the cheapest on GB) and the ZS3 seem to be cut from the same cloth, I really believe the sound changes are due to the enclosure more than anything else. Too early to decide

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #13,148 of 63,672

The ATR (the cheapest on GB) and the ZS3 seem to be cut from the same cloth, I really believe the sound changes are due to the enclosure more than anything else. 

But if You look at inside pics and advertising pics from inner construction - they use different drivers! ZS3 and ATR do not use same drivers imo, though, I do not have ZS3 to open and confirm.

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #13,149 of 63,672
  But if You look at inside pics and advertising pics from inner construction - they use different drivers! ZS3 and ATR do not use same drivers imo, though, I do not have ZS3 to open and confirm.

Advertising pics? those are renderings, If by any chance the shells broke I will make sure to post some pics, or if I get too bored. Whatever comes first. The ATR sounds good though

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #13,150 of 63,672
  Idk, maybe You have less powerful amp, listen vastly different genre, source gear isn`t so resolving, different tips & ear canal fit or something else.
Like I said, maybe it is Your source gear and/or You personal hearing is different. Btw, are You using KZ "starline" tips?
Anyway, as much as I`ve read Your posts and impressions and add the fact that You don`t hear source gear differences etc. - our experience and opinions just do not align most of time. Not saying You hear wrong or I`m right - ppl hear differently etc.

Edit: Btw, I now had time to ran through all my 8x ATR properly and good news - they all sound same to me (with "starline" tips) and have same good build quality. I ordered 2x 4-pack from gearbest and one pack had QC marks on package and silicone tips installed in stock, the other 4 had no QC sticker but were closed in wrap-plastic and had foam tips installed as stock. Firstly I was afraid that they sound little different but I can now confirm that there are no difference in build quality and sound quality - great job KZ! First time I can say good things about KZ quality control and stability.

What? You can buy the ATR in a 4-pack? Is it even cheaper that way? I just ordered 7!

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #13,152 of 63,672
I think the ZS3 might have turn me into a borderline basshead I really love how the ZS3 brings out the drumset.And ever since I switch from an iphone 5s to an LG V20 man i was blown away the only feeling I could describe was skull numbing.

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #13,153 of 63,672

What? You can buy the ATR in a 4-pack? Is it even cheaper that way? I just ordered 7!

LOL, no. I just ordered 4x2 because if I order over certain sum or package gets too big, I have to pay for customs.

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #13,154 of 63,672
I had this problem with my ATE, the first pair came with channel imbalance, test it with that for example: https://youtu.be/hTvJoYnpeRQ

In my case the seller sent me a new pair.

Received my ATE  today checked and its all good ...
Although sounds a bit boomy and on bass side compare to my RHA T10s but hey its only $8 ! Great value for money
thanks for the link

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back