Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #12,708 of 63,829
I see. Well, my ATR wasn't sealed with plastic. Maybe it's a returned unit? Hmm.. I might take this up with Gearbest.

A lot of GB stuff arrives unwrapped, if it had a QC sticker on it's probably been tested before going out. If there's no QC sticker it could be stock was tested on arrival at their warehouse. KZ doesn't have the best record for quality assurance and I would imagine any firm that got stung with the original ZS3 recall are probably being hyper careful.

If it's anything like the company I work for they probably have a system the number of failed devices on previous delivery indicates on the volume of devices tested on the next.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #12,710 of 63,829

This is the only headphone that wins over my KZ collection. They have just reduced the price by 1/3 too!

Greatest headphone I own, at just $8 it's better than anything I own at any price, even up to $1000.00.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/REMAX-RM-S1-Pro-In-ear-3-5mm-Wired-Sport-Hook-Earphone-with-Mic-Volume-Control-/232089951349?var=&hash=item3609a39c75%3Am%3AmbEGPq_d41q5lMqsLnmQrKA&_trkparms=pageci%253Ac4c8aac1-8d64-11e6-9747-74dbd18099da%257Cparentrq%253Aa4ba668c1570a2a4e4948831fffdc45f%257Ciid%253A2

OK, I bit and bought. But better than any KZ isn't a MASSIVE upgrade. I'll see if it is better than the awesome midlevel HLSX 808, **** 4in1, YHS 002, or Sony AS800 and XB90, that I own. Probably not equal to these budget champ hybrids. I'll be really surprised if better than the Tennmak models like the Pro.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #12,711 of 63,829
OK, I bit and bought. But better than any KZ isn't a MASSIVE upgrade. I'll see if it is better than the awesome midlevel HLSX 808, **** 4in1, YHS 002, or Sony AS800 and XB90, that I own. Probably not equal to these budget champ hybrids. I'll be really surprised if better than the Tennmak models like the Pro.

X2

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #12,712 of 63,829

I still need to hear Tennmak Pro. Will be getting the 1 More Hybrid, so my cheaper purchases will take a slow down.

It also may have to do with the genre of music, they seem to excel with EDM.

Did you get 100 hours of burn-in? That's when they seemed to come alive for me?

Also the Tennmaks are not $8?

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #12,713 of 63,829

A lot of GB stuff arrives unwrapped, if it had a QC sticker on it's probably been tested before going out. If there's no QC sticker it could be stock was tested on arrival at their warehouse. KZ doesn't have the best record for quality assurance and I would imagine any firm that got stung with the original ZS3 recall are probably being hyper careful.

If it's anything like the company I work for they probably have a system the number of failed devices on previous delivery indicates on the volume of devices tested on the next.

I've had wrapped and unwrapped being sent to me. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ok, noted. Thanks @Vidal & @Sylmar. MY ATR are still cooking on the burn in station. Aiming for a 24 hour burn in period before I have my next listen.

I still need to hear Tennmak Pro. Will be getting the 1 More Hybrid, so my cheaper purchases will take a slow down.

It also may have to do with the genre of music, they seem to excel with EDM.

Did you get 100 hours of burn-in? That's when they seemed to come alive for me?

Also the Tennmaks are not $8?

Like you, I also bought the 1More Triple Driver. Currently waiting for them to arrive. The Tennmak Pros are on my radar as well. Interesting IEM those Remax S1 tho...over here Remax is a quite well known brand for making OEM computer & mobile accessories such as cables, USB chargers, etc. Not sure about their quality though.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #12,714 of 63,829
Believe it or not my ZST are staying to grow on me after about 48 hours off burn in and the proper tips for my ears..Extremely comfortable, spacious, airy sound, not the most detailed but overall sound quality is improving from OOTB. Really close to my prefered sound signature. I really feel like the BA is starting too break in...No longer disappointed, actually quite pleased...

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #12,718 of 63,829

Hi all my ZS3 red nozzle on the right is dented is there a warranty for this? I bought it from gearbest? Will this dent affect SQ in anyway if not i really don't mind

That should be an easy fix since it's just the filter slightly out of tilt. If you use something small, such as a pin, you should be able to slide it back into place so it sits flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back