Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 1, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #12,541 of 63,834
   Just bought the reissue of ELP´s "Brain Salad Surgery" in 24/96. That album has soooo much sub bass!! Listening right now with the ATE S. Whooaa....! 
eek.gif

Thanks for the tip. I'll go listen to it right now with the ZS3.

Oct 1, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #12,542 of 63,834
Lol you do understand my feelings, okay that won't be a much hassle, it's just a new order.but you're right it's just 150-209INR difference, i shouldn't care that much :smiley:
And hey btw please provide links for ear tips in advance for ATE, good tight one with good noise isolation, I'm actually not able to find good one which is told me here which is less than $1

These ones: goo.gl/FdAezP

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #12,543 of 63,834
I'm really not sure what's causing this but I've seen a few people saying that the ZSTs are a little grainy. To be honest I couldn't understand this as I hadn't noticed it.

However, I've been listening to the KZs straight from my iPhone until today. The moment I added my Fiio K1 to the mix the sound seemed off.

Switching back to the iPhone 6 headphone socket and it's all good again.

Go figure!

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #12,544 of 63,834

These ones: goo.gl/FdAezP

Ordered those  but have also ordered these foam tips , please tell me which size should i message seller to send ?
I mostly wear M sized tips on most of earphones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/C-set-4-9mm-Caliber-Earphone-Sponge-Comply-T200-T400-T500-tips-Headset-Memory-Foam-Sponge/1909638_32469980958.html

The eartips should fit the KZ ATE and is possible SoundMagic ES18 too :p

EDIT- according to the link , T200- 4.1m and T400-4.9MM and i have measured the both ear canal and ear tips hole size and it come as between 0.4 and 0.5 , So i think I will choose T200 for good tight fitting to the canal instead of bigger which may loose.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #12,545 of 63,834
While it is true that the sub bass of the ZS3 is more controlled, the big bloomy sub bass of the ATE (+S) is so much more fun imo.

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #12,546 of 63,834
  I forgot...

I usually listen to ALL kind os electronic or anything whis has electrióonic in it. Like, Dubstep, Drum n Bass, Chillstep, Drumstep, J-Pop, J-Core, other Japanees Vocal and electronic mixed song, or to say names, Monstercat, Spinnin Session, Freak Show, Alice Margatroid from YT, REOL, Ammy / エイミー from YT, other Podcasts... 
The main problem for me is the highs, and how they aew separetad from the lows, also, they gave me the feeling of falling of from my ear... they sound like they are gona fall out, but they are not, just the highs are playing fun of me by cheking my earphones every 2 seconds.
Im using JUST a phone, a Elephone P6000 with MM on it, for equalizers I'm using Panasonic Headset, Dolby Atmos and Viper4Android. Yep, I'm an eq guy :D
But I could ALWAYS find a good stting before for ALL of my headsets, Rock Zircon, KZ HDS1, ZN1, Sony EX50LP, also tried with Xiaomi Hybrid, Sony EX20, some Senheiser, other AKGs, and Skullcandys. But I never had this weird feeling lisening to them... 
I dont know if it's Just my ZSt, or all of them like this, but if the second, then it a big turndown for me.

(Sorry, if I went a bit offtopic :D Also for my English :) )

Sorry I missed this see my comment above re: the device. It probably doesn't make much sense but I noticed the fact the mids sounded a bit off when using a DAC rather than straight from the headphone socket.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #12,548 of 63,834

The stock silicone tips that comes with it hurts but if you have some better ones like the JVC spiral dots, they work well and are comfortable. I like the foam type ones also but it makes it really difficult to easily put on and take off iems that are  lol. I end up looking like a d-bag walking around with them on at work because of the hassle of taking them off and putting them on. And I also noticed that the foam tips made the bass more boomy for me (I don't know if it's the shape of my ear canals, but that's the effect that I get
confused_face.gif
), so if you're aiming to make them darker then definitely use the foam tips.

Glad you like it! Bump and Wandering is amazing to listen to with headphones or iems that have amazing sound stage and imaging. You can close your eyes and it puts you there, basking in the music and tones coming from all around you, like you are the center of their performance. Quite an experience, it's what makes me addicted to this audiophile experience haha.

Yup, that certainly is true. I like the album quite a lot now. Any other similar albums/test tracks that you'd recommend?

Also, have you made your final impression on the ZS3 & ATR? Looking forward to it.

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #12,553 of 63,834
Just opening the box of new ATR. I was ordering for my friend, so I can't say much about the sound. Build quality is good, the finish seems smoother than my ATE. The casing is glossy black, not smoky like ATE. I'm not fond of the font used, though, seems like less classy than ATE.

Surprise, I found a small vent near the nozzle, like the one at earlier production of ATE. If the sound is better than ATE, I'm going to order one! It's cheaper than ATE.

I want to borrow it to play, but unfortunately tomorrow morning I'm going for 9 days business trip to site locations darn it :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back