Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 15, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #11,416 of 63,802
  ... just wondering how did people remove the grill on top of the drivers in order to put it in a whole in the top plate casing.

Open enclosure, pull away the golden grill along the wire, desolder cable from driver, pull that golden grill out from cable, resolder cable and put that grill wherever&however You wish :wink:

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #11,417 of 63,802
Yeah the problem I see is on my pair their seems to be glue keeping the golden grill in place, it's annoying so I'm gonna try dislogging it from the glue, it seems to just be some hot glue gun glue. Really wish they didn't put in glue around it

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #11,418 of 63,802
Hi , been having used the ED9 for quite some time and been very pleased about it , is there any others make , model of the same kind have similar performance lever / on par or even better to those of sound produced by the ED9 ?
Not over the ear type iem or big cans please , but KZ or any other CN made iem priced not over the top , but on the similar price range .

Currently I been using the galaxy note with sound blaster E5 on the ED9.

Any advice would be very much appreciated . TQ

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #11,419 of 63,802
Long time ago, when I was trying out the different ear tips for my KZ ATEs the metal mesh fell out. I was on the go so I somehow jammed them in there. Of course, the mesh got bent :rolleyes:

Today I was cleaning them and instead of using a needle I used a q-tip and now the mesh is cloged with earwax. Will there be noticeable sound diference if I remove the mesh? Also, is there a better way to clean them? I clean my ears every day and the nozzles still get dirty.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #11,420 of 63,802
Long time ago, when I was trying out the different ear tips for my KZ ATEs the metal mesh fell out. I was on the go so I somehow jammed them in there. Of course, the mesh got bent
rolleyes.gif

Today I was cleaning them and instead of using a needle I used a q-tip and now the mesh is cloged with earwax. Will there be noticeable sound diference if I remove the mesh? Also, is there a better way to clean them? I clean my ears every day and the nozzles still get dirty.

mesh? Nozzles got dirty? Whut. Wow, this whole year I've never cleaned the nozzles before. I only clean the eartips.

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #11,422 of 63,802
Yeah, usually that's enough but I used the foam tips while running and they don't stay in place. I think the nozzle protrude past the foam tip. The silicone tips keep falling out. What tips can I use as a replacment?
I use the silicone tips. It doesnt fall out at all. might be becoz im using it with earguide and shirt clip. I wouldn't like using foam on running.. Imagine the sweat absorbed into ur eartip eek

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #11,423 of 63,802
I use the silicone tips. It doesnt fall out at all. might be becoz im using it with earguide and shirt clip. I wouldn't like using foam on running.. Imagine the sweat absorbed into ur eartip eek

I thought that would be a problem but it isn't because the KZ foam tips are not like regular foam tips. I can't get a good seel with the silicone tips. I used the ATEs for runing because that was my cheapest pair of earphones. I ordered a pair of sport earphones just for running.

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #11,424 of 63,802
I thought that would be a problem but it isn't because the KZ foam tips are not like regular foam tips. I can't get a good seel with the silicone tips. I used the ATEs for runing because that was my cheapest pair of earphones. I ordered a pair of sport earphones just for running.

Same here, the ATEs are the best for running and all kind of sports thanks to the memory wires, they have a very good sound quality and clear details, though the bass can be a bit too high.
I hope the KZ ZS3 have less bass

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #11,425 of 63,802
Theres a KZ ATR that just popped up some days ago. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Original-KZ-ATR-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphones-HIFI-Stereo-Sport-Earphone-Super-Bass/1825606_32698707177.html

Looks the same as the ATE except with different bass tuning? It also has the vent port according to the picture.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #11,426 of 63,802
Theres a KZ ATR that just popped up some days ago. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Original-KZ-ATR-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphones-HIFI-Stereo-Sport-Earphone-Super-Bass/1825606_32698707177.html

Looks the same as the ATE except with different bass tuning? It also has the vent port according to the picture.

Anyone else notice that they seem to shift to a new logo? Initially I was confused when I saw it on the ATR page .. but then the sweet mailman brought my ZS3s .. and they have BOTH logos on the box 

Listening to them right and now and really liking what I am hearing. But not a comparison set up yet ... too much new sh!t to wade through :) 

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #11,427 of 63,802

Anyone else notice that they seem to shift to a new logo? Initially I was confused when I saw it on the ATR page .. but then the sweet mailman brought my ZS3s .. and they have BOTH logos on the box 

Listening to them right and now and really liking what I am hearing. But not a comparison set up yet ... too much new sh!t to wade through :) 

Don't keep us waiting too long. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #11,429 of 63,802

No one else has done a review yet? I am also known as 'brass ears' :) I know when I like something and I can detect bad IEMs ... but all that fancy talk .. well, let's see .. 

Heh everyone else got a faulty pair or had them recalled before delivery. 

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #11,430 of 63,802
  Heh everyone else got a faulty pair or had them recalled before delivery. 

Wow, seriously? Mine sound very fine right now, working on both ears ... nice 'bassy' fun phones. (Usually not a big basshead, but for workout stuff, yes, pls) They also fit well, which is rare for me (The KZ ATE are still an issue for me) 

Need to compare with ZS1, which I have not really given any love yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back