Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #11,011 of 63,803
Any recommendations for taming them? Or do you just EQ, or break the seal?

What worked very well for me personally is a little EQ-ing (decreasing bass and midbass just by a few notches), third party tips (Etymotic style with wider bore) and a source that just fits the ATE's right (in my case a secondhand Rockboxed iRiver H10). In my view it's the experimenting that makes it fun. 
smile.gif

May 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #11,012 of 63,803
Since you people are posting pics of your KZs, I'll leave two of my favourite. 

The EDse and the ATE with the handsome FiiO X3II :wink: 

May 6, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #11,014 of 63,803
Oh right, didn't notice it before hehehe...
hahaaaa..its shown on the right side under your post count .....kekekeeeeeeee

Ima Malaysian...

I actually been searching for review of this one before but got nothing useful. Would you give some review or impressions? Several vendors sell this one here on my country.
One more, this time of a great KZ that gets little to no attention 'round here.

May 6, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #11,015 of 63,803
I actually been searching for review of this one before but got nothing useful. Would you give some review or impressions? Several vendors sell this one here on my country.

Let me sum it up like this:

Take one part ZS1 (original with brass ring in nozzle) bass, one part ED9 (Gold filter) treble, add a dash of EDse mids, and place it inside a hefty housing that brazenly advertises you're using a KZ. I would say they're almost as capable as the ED9 on a technical level, but with a larger soundstage. If the housing wasn't so absurd, I'm sure the ED8 would garner more attention around here. They're a large, heavy beast with a similarly massive, fun sound signature to match. Underrated for sure, in my humble opinion. *bow*

May 7, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #11,018 of 63,803

Let me sum it up like this:

Take one part ZS1 (original with brass ring in nozzle) bass, one part ED9 (Gold filter) treble, add a dash of EDse mids, and place it inside a hefty housing that brazenly advertises you're using a KZ. I would say they're almost as capable as the ED9 on a technical level, but with a larger soundstage. If the housing wasn't so absurd, I'm sure the ED8 would garner more attention around here. They're a large, heavy beast with a similarly massive, fun sound signature to match. Underrated for sure, in my humble opinion. *bow*

Bought one. 
happy_face1.gif

Great pics of the KZ's all!

May 7, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #11,020 of 63,803
OMG! that's you http://b9scrambler.blogspot.in/2015/08/kz-shootout.html
I ordered ed10 yesterday after my friend recommended it and also by going through your blog :D thanks for that awesome shootout bud :D 

Haha, yup, that's my old blog. Working on a new one through WordPress at the moment. Blogger is too much of a pain when trying to add pics.

New KZ shootout is in the works. Going to take a while though since twice as many KZs will be covered.

May 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #11,022 of 63,803
So I just discovered this brand today and looks really promising. Was searching through their store on Aliexpress and found like 10 different models from under 10$. My question is, which one should I choose for hearing rock and metal?

So far I prefer the ED Special Edition, but just by how it looks. Anyone is able to help? Thanks!

May 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #11,024 of 63,803
+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back