Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 13, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #8,238 of 63,834
  So after a weekend of listening (as much as time would allow) I've found I can't deal with memory wire, I also do not like wearing my hp's wire up. So unfortunately the ATE-S and ZS1 are out for me. 
frown.gif

When I did get a good seal, after many many tips, it just wasn't worth it for me...too uncomfortable. I did enjoy the sound of the ATE-S but the fit is just too much work. 

If your looking for a darker sound and like wearing your iem's wire up then the ATE-S is a good option as long as you can deal with memory wire. The ATE-S do seem to have a bit more treble than the ATE and I liked the overall sound signature but unlike the original ATE you can't wear them wire down. I never warmed up to the ZS1. 

Now on to the ED3 and ED3 youth...

cool.gif
I agree with you on over--ear wear. I don't like it at all. I'll take downcabling every time.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #8,239 of 63,834
 So after a weekend of listening (as much as time would allow) I've found I can't deal with memory wire, I also do not like wearing my hp's wire up. So unfortunately the ATE-S and ZS1 are out for me. 
frown.gif

When I did get a good seal, after many many tips, it just wasn't worth it for me...too uncomfortable. I did enjoy the sound of the ATE-S but the fit is just too much work. 

If your looking for a darker sound and like wearing your iem's wire up then the ATE-S is a good option as long as you can deal with memory wire. The ATE-S do seem to have a bit more treble than the ATE and I liked the overall sound signature but unlike the original ATE you can't wear them wire down. I never warmed up to the ZS1. 

Now on to the ED3 and ED3 youth...

cool.gif
I agree with you on over--ear wear. I don't like it at all. I'll take downcabling every time.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I recommend getting a pair of ear guide so that it'll fit easily.
Having them over ears is actually good as it reduces microphonics and wont fall off when cable is pulled.

d809f9ab9db699a9ffd23f2ac4108ebd.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #8,240 of 63,834
Having them over ears is actually good as it reduces microphonics and wont fall off when cable is pulled.

I do have a couple pairs of those...will have to try them. Good idea.

thanks

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #8,241 of 63,834
Hey guys just pulled my EDSE's out and they sound awesome...I'd like a backup pair but mine have the red driver screens. Anyone have a link to the ones with red screens? Everyone I see has the silver screens.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #8,242 of 63,834
  Hey guys just pulled my EDSE's out and they sound awesome...I'd like a backup pair but mine have the red driver screens. Anyone have a link to the ones with red screens? Everyone I see has the silver screens.

I have the EDSE/ED2 with the red meshes, and they sound bass-less.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #8,244 of 63,834
If I can only get one KZ earphone, which one should i get? I like a bit of bass but not too heavy that it gives me a headache

I think you'll like HDS1. Haven't heard HDS2 yet though, it's still in transit.
ED3 Youth sounds similar, but with a deeper bass and an overall louder sound.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #8,245 of 63,834
Can anyone compare the KZ Special Edition vs the HSD1? I already have the Sp Ed on it's way, just curious if the Hsd1 is that different to order as well. Thanks!

I have them both, and to me, the HDS1 has a warmer overall sound signature, with a bit more clearly defined bass
And I hate the HDS1 cable.... it definately needs to worn over ear 'cause the crazy microphonics. The EDSE's cable is just a slightly better though....
still prefer both of them over my ATE and ED10, these are the best KZ earphones imho

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #8,246 of 63,834

Anyone have a link to the ones with red screens? Everyone I see has the silver screens.

Quote:

I have the EDSE/ED2 with the red meshes, and they sound bass-less.

Hey thanks that was really helpful...

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #8,247 of 63,834

d809f9ab9db699a9ffd23f2ac4108ebd.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

cool.gif
Been there done that thanx anyways. I still wouldn't use them. I sold a pair of Sennheiser IE8 with pure silver cables, and havi B3 Pro 1's because I couldn't deal with the over ear cables. PIA to me.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #8,248 of 63,834

CadCam,

I think that the silver are the older/earlier production SE.  My silver screen pair are almost a year old.  I reordered a couple of months ago and received the red screen type.
I compared the two and did not find a noticeable difference :)

Edit:  Forgot to say Ali seller photos may just be old and they will actually ship red (? current) version.

I too still like the SE, one of the best KZ.

YMMV.
r2

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #8,249 of 63,834
Do you think they manufacturer there own earphones or are they just buying them in? The person i've been dealing with through the apparently official store is meant to be the ceo i just can't see it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #8,250 of 63,834
  Do you think they manufacturer there own earphones or are they just buying them in? The person i've been dealing with through the apparently official store is meant to be the ceo i just can't see it.

A lot of us (including me) have done a fair bit of trawling through the depths of the webs for IEMs I'm sure if it's "buying them in" we would have seen similar IEMs already but no. 

Like someone said, the design is entirely from KZ. Many factories that often sub manufacture for others usually make the same IEMs for one brand as they do for another to save on tooling costs and earn more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back