Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #6,871 of 63,802
So when will your next review be published and what will it be on?  Better yet, you ought to publish a gear review schedule with tentative dates.  This would give us all something to look forward to.:wink:
In order (depending on time availability)

Torque Audio t402v
Torque Audio t096v
ZMF omni
Spinfit tips
RHA s500i
Venture Electronic Duke
Venture Electronic Monk
Fiio X7
Brainwavz S3
Alpha & Delta AD01
Ubsound Dreamer
Sidy DM4
Macaw r10
Macaw r20
KZ HDS1
KZ headphone (yet to be announced)

I was wrong, I have 14 reviews before I get to HDS1.

:wink:

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #6,874 of 63,802
Also forgot to mention somewhere in there I need to post impressions on the trinity vario

Sleep, who needs sleep
rolleyes.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #6,875 of 63,802
In order (depending on time availability)

Torque Audio t402v
Torque Audio t096v
ZMF omni
Spinfit tips
RHA s500i
Venture Electronic Duke
Venture Electronic Monk
Fiio X7
Brainwavz S3
Alpha & Delta AD01
Ubsound Dreamer
Sidy DM4
Macaw r10
Macaw r20
KZ HDS1
KZ headphone (yet to be announced)

I was wrong, I have 14 reviews before I get to HDS1.

wink.gif

Thanks buddy!  I have the Monks on order as well as some Puro IEM 500s which aren't on your list. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6,877 of 63,802
Hi, I've been lurking this thread a few months and have read most of it. Want to say thanks to everyone who has posted here, it has helped to burn many hours of free time but also gotten me some neat bang for the buck IEMs. 
etysmile.gif

So far I've gotten (in order of purchase) ATE, ED10, Micro rings and finally today arrived the ANVs. It's been pretty much a lottery though because I've encountered QC issues. Will post impressions and comparisons later when i get the time to.

But the main reason I made the account is because the ANV I recieved today have driver imbalance on the bass side. The right side has a full and punchy bass, the other side pretty much nothing at all. The air holes don't seem obstructed or anything, but the mesh seems to be a tiny bit more pushed in on the less bassy side. 

Any idea how to open them without damaging them (the look rather nice) or in any other ways to fix them. Don't have time to try anything today as work awaits.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #6,878 of 63,802
Just pull them apart by holding one hand on plastic side and other on metal.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #6,879 of 63,802
  I've found a TaoBao store that raises many questions about the actual originality of the KZ's earphones...

https://shop102091015.world.taobao.com/

About KZ proucts have to explain:
KZ is the brand design original initial headphone. The KZ (Knowledge Zenith) brand is blong to Yuanze co., Ltd(will see the company name in the packaging). KZ research the driver, housing each part by KZ self. May find ED11 model and other proucts similar as KZ proucts. It is customized, ODM, or may be imitation. Or could check at http://kzyingyin.tmall.com http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152 

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #6,880 of 63,802
cool.gif
Yep. I feel the same way about the Mula. BIG letdown after it's sibling the Rock Zircon.

I ordered 2 pairs of the Mulas that are now destined for "The Drawer"....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #6,882 of 63,802
Yeah, I feel the same about the Mula's.

Out of those I own my ranking is like this:
ED9 w/brass filter
Mr Rice BALDOOR E300
Piston 2.0
KZ EDSE
Rock Mula
KZ ATE

I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with my ATE. Alternatively I don't get a good seal but I don't think that's the case since the IM70 that's very similar fits me fine.

That was a listing in alphabetical order only my top 3 would be~

ED9
ATE
Piston 2\EDse

I agree something must be wrong with your ATE if you placed them last.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #6,883 of 63,802
That was a listing in alphabetical order only my top 3 would be~

ED9
ATE
Piston 2\EDse

I agree something must be wrong with your ATE if you placed them last.

Yes, understood.

I just wanted to say that I shared your impressions on the Mula's and ED9's and listed them all while I was at it :wink:

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #6,885 of 63,802

Thanks buddy!  I have the Monks on order as well as some Puro IEM 500s which aren't on your list. 

I also ordered the Monks from feebay and paid for "faster" shipping...seems like people who have heard them love them. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back