Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #6,001 of 63,802
I don't know what people's experiences with AliExpress are usually like but I'm getting a bit irritated that eleven days after I placed my order, the only tracking information I can find still says that it has been "dispatched to overseas." As far as I know my ED10s are anywhere between mainland China and my house right now—perhaps surfing off of the California coast, or sunning themselves on some uncharted Pacific island.

I understand that I paid nothing for international shipping and I'm trying to be patient but I really dislike the fact that I have no idea when they're showing up, or where they are, and that even the most basic tracking information hadn't gone live until six or so days after I received my shipping confirmation email.

Bleh.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,002 of 63,802
  I don't know what people's experiences with AliExpress are usually like but I'm getting a bit irritated that eleven days after I placed my order, the only tracking information I can find still says that it has been "dispatched to overseas." As far as I know my ED10s are anywhere between mainland China and my house right now—perhaps surfing off of the California coast, or sunning themselves on some uncharted Pacific island.

I understand that I paid nothing for international shipping and I'm trying to be patient but I really dislike the fact that I have no idea when they're showing up, or where they are, and that even the most basic tracking information hadn't gone live until six or so days after I received my shipping confirmation email.

Bleh.

Ask the seller for the tracking number by contacting them. You can find their info on the order page.

If they don't respond, open a dispute and they'll respond pretty quickly.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,003 of 63,802

cool.gif
First thing I would have to ask myself is WHY do they Need their own power source. Are they so hard to drive they sound like Dookie without it?

I'm very apprehensive about these. I will wait to see what others think. I've gotten rid of More Earphones because of High Impedance (over 32 Ohms) than any other reason. INVARIABLY when you Boost these small Drivers with an outside amp they Distort before you can reach ant real moderate volume.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The DSP and LCD would require some form of power. Two amp chips would need a little bit too.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #6,004 of 63,802

Bleh.

It's not a problem with AliExpress in general, but with the Chinese airmail tracking. It is just slow and inaccurate, and yeah, it even sometimes only shows updates when the goods have already arrived (okay, that's honestly in most of the cases).

I haven't ordered much yet from AliExpress (the ATE, Awei ES-Q5 (that has a strong channel imbalance), some other stuff and gifts for the family are the only things I've received from there so far), but in the past plenty from ebay where the sellers were located in different Eastern Asian countries. From personal experience, I can say that everything between two weeks and two months is pretty normal and you can't rely on the airmail tracking.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #6,005 of 63,802
Oh, well in that case cool. Two months' delivery sounds great in the era of Amazon Prime's free two-day shipping (that now delivers on Sundays). /wrists

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #6,006 of 63,802
Well, for Amazon Prime, you're also paying on a yearly basis, don't you? I guess it is around $50/year, as it is 49€/year in Germany (btw: it's cool that they deliver on Sundays in America, I wish they did in Germany, too. On the other hand, it isn't so cool for the courier, as I have discovered myself during community service - you only think it's okay for you to work on weekends in the beginning, but as weeks pass, you begin to regret it more and more. It's cool to take one day ore two off during a working week? No, it isn't when your weekend gets stolen - I'm glad my community service is over).

You can't expect the air mail (that was most likely free for you, wasn't it?) from China to be as fast as express delivery within the USA. You either have to (if offered) pay for express delivery from overseas, or just relax and wait up to two months. It is a pity that tracking is inaccurate and very delayed, but we have to take it as it is - that's why I don't track air mail anymore.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #6,007 of 63,802
Today I received some tips I purchased from Lunashop on... *checked through emails* the 22nd of July. So thats nearly 5 weeks. Yeah, standard Chinese shipping does not seem to be particularly quick.
More on topic, I bought a bunch of KZ's the other day, since this thread is too interesting to not get involved. But I guess I will not hold my breath for them to show up any time soon. Whats the saying? Fast, Cheap, Good, pick any two? Seems rather accurate, haha. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #6,009 of 63,802
Then You should try ED10 and ATE also... just for the taste
wink.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #6,010 of 63,802
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and the FiiO E12A, love it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, E12a or Cayin C5 are spot-on to really show what the ED9 is capable of. The underdog IEM of 2015 !
Though these DAP companies really need to get their act together to let the DAP bring out the full potential of IEMs to planars vs this DAP/amp stacking nonsense.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #6,011 of 63,802
@Horton

Does the ZN1 also work with disabled amplifier and when it runs out of battery?

sorry not very clear about "disabled amplifier" mean. Ok, why ZN1 should use itself amps not others, it is the ZN1 with 2 amplifier chips, one for midbass and another work for treble. Other amps could not work for dual driver accurately. So that have to design the tailored amps for the dual driver. It have a obvious difference when on and off,
when it runs out of battery, could make phone call, the volume adjustment and amps relevant function is not work, could use as normal dual driver headphone.
smile.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #6,014 of 63,802
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #6,015 of 63,802

Users who are viewing this thread

Back