Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 4, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #4,996 of 63,834
  Hi, im currently looking for a iem to upgrade from my xiaomi piston 2.1's. I've found a few iems that intereste me such as the ttpod t1-e and the soundmagic e80. I was wondering which kz model i should consider. A few that i saw were the anv,ed9,se,ate. How would these compare to the ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 for classical,opera,symphonies,kpop,jpop(i also listen to pretty much every other genre but these are the ones i listen to 70% of the time). Also how does the build quality compare to the two iems i mentioned.

Easy.....go for the ED10

-Limited to a certain stock and may be the best KZ ever!

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #4,997 of 63,834
Hi, im currently looking for a iem to upgrade from my xiaomi piston 2.1's. I've found a few iems that intereste me such as the ttpod t1-e and the soundmagic e80. I was wondering which kz model i should consider. A few that i saw were the anv,ed9,se,ate. How would these compare to the ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 for classical,opera,symphonies,kpop,jpop(i also listen to pretty much every other genre but these are the ones i listen to 70% of the time). Also how does the build quality compare to the two iems i mentioned.

I recently purchased ED9, ATE, ANV, and ED10 and own T1E for a long time. SQ wise, ATE and ED10 have the ample bass that you may like. I was not impressed by T1E until I put Comply tips on it. Since you are upgrading from P2, I'd recommend ED10. I have comfort issues with ATE as it is huge, kind of hanging outside the ear.

BTW I also own P3. It is very different than P2 so you may not like it.

Jul 4, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #4,998 of 63,834

...anv,ed9,se,ate. How would these compare to the ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 for classical,opera,symphonies,kpop,jpop(i also listen to pretty much every other genre but these are the ones i listen to 70% of the time). Also how does the build quality compare to the two iems i mentioned.

Easy.....go for the ED10

Easy? Why?
What aspects are better or same compared to those IEMs?
Do You own ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 to compare with ED10?
What are differences against ATE, ANV & ED9 ? 
What source gear was used to compare?
etc.

Just some questions. I don`t usually follow such hype where no comparisons and sound details haven`t been described.
So far I have only seen few ppl post positive feedback with no detailed SQ description and it opposites to another "older" member impressions who gave littlebit more information.

Another thing - I for example, don`t like to use foam tips. How are they with different silicones?

Don`t take this bad way, not saying anything bad about "promoting" ED10 but more information would be welcome
rolleyes.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #4,999 of 63,834
There have been several build quality complaints about the TTPOD t1e, while KZ iems are built like a tank for 1/3rd the price.

For classical, the t1e is alright, nothing amazing in terms of soundstage, timbre, or airiness. Its a V shaped headphone so its more made for pop, edm, and other electronic genres.

Basically, the T1e are similar to your pistons, though not AS v shaped and of higher quality.

Jul 4, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #5,000 of 63,834

Easy? Why?

What aspects are better or same compared to those IEMs?

Do You own ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 to compare with ED10?

What are differences against ATE, ANV & ED9 ? 

What source gear was used to compare?

etc.

Just some questions. I don`t usually follow such hype where no comparisons and sound details haven`t been described.

So far I have only seen few ppl post positive feedback with no detailed SQ description and it opposites to another "older" member impressions who gave littlebit more information.

Another thing - I for example, don`t like to use foam tips. How are they with different silicones?

Don`t take this bad way, not saying anything bad about "promoting" ED10 but more information would be welcome
rolleyes.gif

Your probably right Coil, I compared them to certain IEM's, not actually all the KZ's per say. Though, I know your very passionate of the ATE's, I am too! They are top's for me, as well. What I can best say is that I compared it to all my IEM's in my "profile" (just click on my user name) and you'll have an idea where this leads to my personal picks.

.....I'm only saying they're are that good not to pass-up. :etysmile:

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #5,001 of 63,834
Even though I enjoy the sound quality of ATE, its around-the-ear design and large size make me uncomfortable wearing it for a long time. Personally comfort is as important as sound quality (my favorite headphones are SONY MA900). ED10 scores big in comfort compared to ATE and they both sound warm to me (I still rate ED9 over both of them as I prefer wide soundstage and precise position over other sound qualities).

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #5,002 of 63,834
Even though I enjoy the sound quality of ATE, its around-the-ear design and large size make me uncomfortable wearing it for a long time. Personally comfort is as important as sound quality (my favorite headphones are SONY MA900). ED10 scores big in comfort compared to ATE and they both sound warm to me (I still rate ED9 over both of them as I prefer wide soundstage and precise position over other sound qualities).

I received ED9 yesterday and I can hear greater bandwidth with ED9 over ATE. In fact, and this is only my ATE pair, and MY hearing and my gears etc... I can hear a little peak at 8-9Khz then a rapid roll-off of the HF after 11Khz. I know it is a little peak at that frequency because I had this problem with a 4inch Full range driver with that peak and it bothered me alot before I added a notch filter and damping on that specific driver.
On the subject of different opinion on "same" KZ models, I think, of course Source, Hardware count, having a good seal counts, but  hearing bandwidth/ability also count. I had a friend that could only hear up to 12Khz. Needless to say that his preference differ greatly from mine. I can only hear up to 16500Hz. Another friend would absolutely boost the midrange max for everything 
confused_face_2.gif

Another example that baffled me was when I asked my wife to try my Sony MH1c, which I consider a very good sounding pair, if not my best sounding one... she said... this really sound like ****. This compared to a very cheap Samsung "earphone" 
blink.gif

Then I realized that she had a seal problem with the medium tip. She was hearing no bass because of that.

All I say is that I prefer ED9 over ATE on my stuff, because I can hear more bandwidth and more details over ATE, but I usually make opinions in the first minutes of listening to new hardware and rarely change particularly in-ear and headphone. Tonally I have not experienced burn-in change in in-ear/headphone with use. Tonally I did experience change with paper cone drivers, where the spider loosen over time and lowers the Fs

Jul 4, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #5,003 of 63,834
ED10 scores big in comfort compared to ATE and they both sound warm to me (I still rate ED9 over both of them as I prefer wide soundstage and precise position over other sound qualities).

ED10 comfort would be great for me too probably but then again ATE fits perfect also (and I mean really great). Littlebit warm sound I also like (I`m sensitive to highs)... but now the third part - "wide soundstage" - ATE has wider soundstage and better imaging/separation than ED9 ...with my gear, to my ears
wink.gif
 Will wait some more feedback before jumping on ED10.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #5,004 of 63,834
Hi, I'm planning to buy KZ ANV and KZ ATE. I' ve read lots of good feedbacks about KZ ATE, I mostly listens to Metal and Rock (which require fast, punchy bass), EDM, a little Vocal (Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, ...). I'm going to buy ATE for pop, EDM and vocal, .... I don't know if the ANV is suitable for Metal, Rock, ... I've heard some guys here said that ANV was neutral, punchy, ... BTW, this thread is growing fast, more than 300 pages after 1 year.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #5,005 of 63,834
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.2.DIOdZW
KZ ANV for $10.35, good price?

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #5,006 of 63,834
Around 10$ is lowest proce I`ve seen, so yeah, it`s good price.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #5,007 of 63,834
Sigh, wanted ED10 but here in Greece we have capital controls and paypal/paysafe abandonded us until the problems are resolved.
Great :p

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #5,009 of 63,834
@Shadowsora ,when You do get them, please share impressions. I know You have similar hearing/taste to me and it would be helpful :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back