Jun 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #4,486 of 63,834
  It is actually KZ RS1 ...nothing new.

smily_headphones1.gif
Worth Getting Coil ?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #4,487 of 63,834
I don`t have them but by comments in this thread... no. Stick with ED9, ATE, ANV. For Your "old" ears (not trying to be mean) EDSE could be also ok in highs section but I still find them littlebit lacking is bass & mids + highs have SSSsss sibilance in vocals and "splashy" bright.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,488 of 63,834
  I don`t have them but by comments in this thread... no. Stick with ED9, ATE, ANV. For Your "old" ears (not trying to be mean) EDSE could be also ok in highs section but I still find them littlebit lacking is bass & mids + highs have SSSsss sibilance in vocals and "splashy" bright.

That's right. RS-1 is definitely not for old ears.  It's super strong basshead IEM for teenager. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #4,489 of 63,834
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx Guys. The EDSE are the most Tip dependent IEMs I have run across other than Senn. IE8s. I rolled OEM, Auvio, JVC, Sony Hybrids, Meelecs, Spirals and Sennheiser tips before I settled on 1, and that could even change!! I have Large Rubber Narrow-bores, ( I think they are either OEM or JVC),  on them and they sound REALLY Good---so far. I have them ready to go for tonight while driving for about a 6-10 Hour listen. I can say they have changed from a Meh @ first listen to a contender IMO @ 40 hrs. Burn in. Think I will check out a few BAD ENGLISH recordings as they tend to really exhibit sibilance in their Highs.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,491 of 63,834
  Normally I always prefer NO MIC version but for ED9, I think MIC version suit me better. Treble is less harsh and less emphasize on sub-bass. 

It must be just slight product variation. Why would KZ even bother to tune Mic / non Mic versions in different manner? Doesn't make sense.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #4,492 of 63,834

smily_headphones1.gif
Yes Coil, My "old" ears can do Treble you young pups can't stand. I Simply can't hear it.
biggrin.gif
( I think it's the range that Wive's voices peak at),  But I'm still hell on Bass and Mids....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #4,494 of 63,834

smily_headphones1.gif
Yes Coil, My "old" ears can do Treble you young pups can't stand. I Simply can't hear it.
biggrin.gif
( I think it's the range that Wive's voices peak at),  But I'm still hell on Bass and Mids....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

It would make sense why i love my EDSE with ear plug sponge tips, they settle the highs a little bit and make lows stand out a little bit. 
Not to mention how great the seal is and how tight they can be in your ear even if you sweat a lot like me. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #4,495 of 63,834
It would make sense why i love my EDSE with ear plug sponge tips, they settle the highs a little bit and make lows stand out a little bit. 
Not to mention how great the seal is and how tight they can be in your ear even if you sweat a lot like me. 
+1

KZ EDSE is awesome, and comply foam tips work great to tame the treble if it bothers some people. For listening at lower volumes, EDSE is one of my all time favorites. Their over the ear fitment is great thanks to their heavier housing

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #4,496 of 63,834
  It must be just slight product variation. Why would KZ even bother to tune Mic / non Mic versions in different manner? Doesn't make sense.

Did you a/b them? Im not too sure about this too, because why would they change the sound?

Sorry for poor quality photos.  I took these shots in dark room using my iphone. There is only light from my thunderbolt screen.

Photos of ED9's cable  NON-MIC vs MIC  version

different material may yield different sound.  I think I have to buy 4 more ED9 from different stores and compare the sound again.  

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #4,498 of 63,834

Sorry for poor quality photos.  I took these shots in dark room using my iphone. There is only light from my thunderbolt screen.

Photos of ED9's cable  NON-MIC vs MIC  version

different material may yield different sound.  I think I have to buy 4 more ED9 from different stores and compare the sound again.  

Nice pics.

btw I'd say don't bother spending money on that bro. Cables indeed affect sound but to a little degree. Most of the difference people are listening is of course due to production variances. KZ makes cool products but come on, be realistic. They probably won't have high precision QC like some well known brand do. A comparison like this won't draw a permanent conclusion. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #4,499 of 63,834
  Nice pics.

btw I'd say don't bother spending money on that bro. Cables indeed affect sound but to a little degree. Most of the difference people are listening is of course due to production variances. KZ makes cool products but come on, be realistic. They probably won't have high precision QC like some well known brand do. A comparison like this won't draw a permanent conclusion. 

More interesting is: how do they differ in sound? Does one sound faulty or are they just different? Because that would mean it's hard to recommend it if they vary in sound.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #4,500 of 63,834

More interesting is: how do they differ in sound? Does one sound faulty or are they just different? Because that would mean it's hard to recommend it if they vary in sound.

No idea tbh... personally whatever I've bought from them (3x EDSE, 2x ED8m, 2x ED9, 2x ATE, ED3, R1) came without any defects and never failed me. So my experience with KZ has been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back