Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #14,118 of 63,803
  I just received x3 ATR that I ordered on 11/11. They were intended as gifts but after listening to one OOTB I'm gonna have to keep one for myself. Amazing value for money.

Yeah man! ATR is awesome. 
L3000.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #14,123 of 63,803
i bought a few EDR2, listened to one for a few mins...meant to be gifts..
didnt felt it was any inferior or poor sounding iem...no complaints.
http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_316680.html?wid=21

(The ed9 definitely sounded more refined though :p)

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #14,124 of 63,803
At last! Something came in the mail today!

I was surprised to see it was the ZS3! I was expecting to receive the ed12's first as I ordered it 2 weeks ahead of this one but damn! Good thing this came first! Wow!

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #14,125 of 63,803
I tried the ATR's for 3 days now. Not very impressed. I'm back to ZST and I really missed the soundstage, crisp clear detailed lows, and any semblance of highs. The ATR's are very boring. If you like a more detailed pleasant & fun sound, the ATR's are not for you.

Again, You make general statements about ATR - with Your gear, Your preferences, Your music taste and Your ears - that doesn`t mean they sound very boring to everyone else too! There are many here who love them very much and do not find them "boring" with plenty of details (actually with my gear I find them equal even with some BA hybrids I have).

What I`m trying to say, again - be more objective 
wink.gif

I think each person will give you a different answer because it all depends on your listening preferences. I've bought and received a few of the KZ earphones that are most highly regarded:

KZ ATE (5th edition, the current one) - a very audiophile-tuned earphone with a neutral signature. Bass is recessed or barely noticeable with the stock tips, unless they happen to seal very well in your ear. I only realized they had a smooth but unimposing bass when I switched their earphone tips with a pair of memory foam ones. From the KZ earphones I have, these are the ones I find the most balanced in terms of features. Another impressive feature of theirs is the imaging, instrument separation and clarity. You can discern a lot of details with them. They have no significant flaws and I'd say are overall my favorite of the KZ line so far.

100% agree. 5th gen ATE is my fav also in stock condition. Right fitting wide bore tips on them can make bass very good and it You mess with the port holes/open-back, they come clear winner for me out of KZ family and can stand up&over against many BA hybrids I have ;P

I just received x3 ATR that I ordered on 11/11. They were intended as gifts but after listening to one OOTB I'm gonna have to keep one for myself. Amazing value for money.

I told ya! They are great. They could have little more open & larger lively soundstage though (like ATE, BK50) but nevertheless, they sound just darn great! :wink:

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #14,128 of 63,803
It`s pretty ok but not as balanced as ATR for example. EDR2 sounds quite warm but that`s also due to somewhat small and narrow soundstage. ATE for example leaves You with immersive soundstage feeling compared to EDR2. EDR2 soundstage isn`t small though, about average. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #14,129 of 63,803
  It`s pretty ok but not as balanced as ATR for example. EDR2 sounds quite warm but that`s also due to somewhat small and narrow soundstage. ATE for example leaves You with immersive soundstage feeling compared to EDR2. EDR2 soundstage isn`t small though, about average. 

The crazy variances in opinion are the reason why I stopped speaking of the EDR2. There is only a touch of warmth to my pair. The overall signature is pretty neutral with very minor bumps to bass and treble. Like I told Ruben a while back, they more-or-less replace the HDS1 and ED9 (w/brass) for me.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #14,130 of 63,803
The crazy variances in opinion are the reason why I stopped speaking of the EDR2. There is only a touch of warmth to my pair. The overall signature is pretty neutral with very minor bumps to bass and treble. Like I told Ruben a while back, they more-or-less replace the HDS1 and ED9 (w/brass) for me.

I share your findings and I find the Atr much warmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back