Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 28, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #12,407 of 63,672
I'm debating between the KZ ED9 and the Rock Zircon, and don't know what to pick. I'm completely new to all this audiophile stuff so not very sure what I'm talking about. I listen to a lot of hip hop so I want decent bass, and clarity in mids and highs. I also hate loud highs which pierce your ears. I'm also considering the Xiaomi Hybrids, if they are good and worth the extra $5-6

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #12,408 of 63,672
I'm debating between the KZ ED9 and the Rock Zircon, and don't know what to pick. I'm completely new to all this audiophile stuff so not very sure what I'm talking about. I listen to a lot of hip hop so I want decent bass, and clarity in mids and highs. I also hate loud highs which pierce your ears. I'm also considering the Xiaomi Hybrids, if they are good and worth the extra $5-6

ED9 is good for hip-hop with gold filters. Zircon is a bass monster

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #12,409 of 63,672

The good thing about the KZ ED9 is that you get 2 filters so you can change them and get 2 different sound signatures.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #12,412 of 63,672
How is exactly the QKZ W1 compared to the ZS3 at both $8?

Don't know as I only have the QKZ W1 Pro, though I think at least one or two others on this thread have both. One word of warning, out of a box of tips only one set works to get the bass. They have great bass but are super tip dependent. So much so that maybe some will never get a fit without a good selection of tips extra on hand.

Most of the time they come off as bass shy, till you find the right tips, then they awake.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #12,414 of 63,672

Just received KZ ZST today. Throw a stock cable and KZ tips away. HaHa. Using JVC sprial dot instead and pairing with a best value upgraded cable, Brimar Quantum SXC, in short, it is not bad. Anyway, female vocal especially J-POP or J-Anime songs is too twang for me. However male vocal song is quite good. I will try to pair with a pure copper cable likes Effect Audio Ares2+. Hope twang sound will disappear.

P.S. Overall sound of KZ ZST is better than KZ HDSE indeed. More details. Better clarity. Securely fitted. For 14-15$ it's really OK. Comparing with TFZ Series 1s, I think this one is better.

P.S. 2 Please try KZ ZST with any high-end upgraded cable from your nearby shop. I suggest you try the best of product line of each cable companies first. I think some sound that is not suitable with your preference could be solved.  

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #12,417 of 63,672
Muahahahahaha!

How much do the ZST cost?

This is ridiculous! Bass forward fun signature with nice detail from the armature. They rock for the price. Removeable cable, awesome tips, and the fit....

This is incredible guys. This is exactly why I continue to buy KZ!

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #12,420 of 63,672
For Person who want mid-forward plus, please try a high quality silver-plated cable. For Person who want more nice details in low frequency, please try a high quality pure copper cable. For perfectionist, please try a silver gold-plated cable. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back