Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #11,086 of 63,788
Tried the KZ ATES on my brand new HTC 10 and I must say they sound much better now!
Bass is less boomy and everything is balanced.
The memory wires make them my N1 for sports, even the mpow I received pop up with the hooks and are nowhere as good sounding

May 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #11,088 of 63,788
  Anyone knows the difference between ATE and ATE-S?

thanks.

Other than ATE-S had memory wire, I think some page back someone said ATE-S had more bass than older, vented ATE. I have no idea if the current batch of ATE (non vented, no memory wire) sounded same with ATE-S.

May 28, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #11,089 of 63,788
I was wondering if this store is legit:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1158387

​Forgot to ask, I'm currently using the same Meelectronics M6 since 2012 but they're almost destroyed. I only use them for jogging/biking, and to be honest I don't care that much about sq when I'm moving around. Is the KZ ATE-S a good alternative?

May 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #11,090 of 63,788
well, I can tell you this, I run with EDR2 but last week I took my black ATE for a run and the end result was the right housing was half full of sweat :) luckily, after quick drying it is ok now but I am back to EDR2 :) however, I ordered QKZ W1 PRO, some people recommeded them here and they are supposedly waterproof

May 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #11,092 of 63,788
well, I can tell you this, I run with EDR2 but last week I took my black ATE for a run and the end result was the right housing was half full of sweat :) luckily, after quick drying it is ok now but I am back to EDR2 :) however, I ordered QKZ W1 PRO, some people recommeded them here and they are supposedly waterproof

Have you tried running with Piano? Oh and did you get new cable yet? :p

May 29, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #11,098 of 63,788
Today I uncover the grill at the nozzles of the EDR2 and take out the foam pieces. I must say that it sound more aggressive with sharper high but clearer, the clarity and mid also improved. If you want them soft and warm then better keep it.

May 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #11,099 of 63,788
hi sorry for the noob-ish question :frowning2:
i was searching for the KZ ATE online and i came across this one:

after searching through this thread about the diff versions of the ATE, i became very confused and paranoid @_@
is the ATE pictured above the one with the breathing hole? i cant tell if that small piece is a support piece or a hole or whatever D:
thanks!!!! 

May 30, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #11,100 of 63,788
Today I uncover the grill at the nozzles of the EDR2 and take out the foam pieces. I must say that it sound more aggressive with sharper high but clearer, the clarity and mid also improved. If you want them soft and warm then better keep it.

If You want to tame the "sharp" highs littlebit, then use narrower bore tips :wink: For me large bore tips + removed foams is better result. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back