Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #9,511 of 63,794
  i oredered ED11 should i cancel the order?

I don't own the ED11, so I have no idea how it isolates. Also, your ears are probably very different from mine, and just as @EISENbricher said - don't judge just based on one opinion. :)

..and opinions based on subjective personal experiences is the best any of us can give, which is important to remember when reading through this forum, and even more important (and, I sometimes feel, something that's forgotten even more frequently) when posting. :)

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #9,512 of 63,794
I don't own the ED11, so I have no idea how it isolates. Also, your ears are probably very different from mine, and just as @EISENbricher
 said - don't judge just based on one opinion. :)

..and opinions based on subjective personal experiences is the best any of us can give, which is important to remember when reading through this forum, and even more important (and, I sometimes feel, something that's forgotten even more frequently) when posting. :)

Good advice Anticute, I like the way ED10's and 11's sound but unlike Eisen these teo hurt my ears:confused: But for $6 to $10 you don't have a lot to lose trying them:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,513 of 63,794
  Piston 3, some people say it doesn't fit with any tips

The truth is that I have to re-adjust them every couple of minutes, they just barely hold on in the ears and tend to pop out extremely often, even while not doing anything (standing/sitting in the tram), however, I've never actually managed to fit a single IEM properly, not like I've had many to begin with, so don't take my word for it.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #9,514 of 63,794
One more thing I'd like to mention, in case someone don't like KZs fit or sound you may just sell it to any friend or colleague at same price.

They are just so affordable and offer better sound than most mainstream earphones that non-audiophiles buy. Even with a short demo you'll find buyers.

I've sold few of my extra pairs to friends with no hassle.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #9,516 of 63,794
I'm a bit disappointed with the treble on all four of my KZ earphones. It doesn't seem to extend very high and detail is lacking.

Yup, there are only few KZs which are good at it. Which 4 do you own and what are you using as a reference? Just curious.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #9,517 of 63,794
Yup, there are only few KZs which are good at it. Which 4 do you own and what are you using as a reference? Just curious.

S3, HDS1, ED9 and Z1.

To be honest I'm finding them all pretty similar. The HDS1 are the most comfortable. I am using a Nokia Lumia 920 as a source. I have a decent hifi setup, and sennheiser 565 Ovation headphones which are old but good.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #9,518 of 63,794
S3, HDS1, ED9 and Z1.

To be honest I'm finding them all pretty similar. The HDS1 are the most comfortable. I am using a Nokia Lumia 920 as a source. I have a decent hifi setup, and sennheiser 565 Ovation headphones which are old but good.

Hmm... These are actually supposed to be good at treble.

All I can say is that I have no comment... Only because I haven't listened to any 'high end' earphone till date. I own Zero Audio Tenore and Havi B3 which are definitely better than KZs.

Yup, truth. KZ is like Toyota which will offer all mainstream variety at cheap but not a supercar :)

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #9,519 of 63,794
I didn't take the plunge on an ED9, S3 or HSDS1 yet as I really don't need any more IEM's atm and the sellers have raised prices on those a bit following the hype here. Being the sucker for a good deal I am though and after B9Scrambler tickled my curiousity, I ordered 2 pairs of EDR2 with mic today. *Just* under 10E - seriously - before I discovered KZ and VE (that sexy sexy Monk) I thought I should be happy paying over 30E for a Sennheiser CX300 lol :D ! Postman get a move on with that ZN1 Mini & Xduoo X2 please :rolleyes: !

B9 - Would you mind sharing more thoughts on EDR2 & compare it more thoroughly to the rest of the KZ flock ? All you did was tease :D

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #9,520 of 63,794
Rock zircons and you are done. Also drop Pistons and go for zn1 mini and/or Ate((not the S) patrioti

Probably Zircons are extremely bassy for my tastes and also they're not available at that shop.
From KZ line there are only those I've mentioned above so no zn1 mini either.
I will consider ATE although I don't know how bad is the memory wire

Yeah if you're looking for a nice midrange the Zircons is not the way to go, they're very v-shaped.......

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #9,521 of 63,794
B9 - Would you mind sharing more thoughts on EDR2 & compare it more thoroughly to the rest of the KZ flock ? All you did was tease
biggrin.gif

I'll have to get back to you on that one. I've been bed-ridden all week, hence my lack of presence here. Really messed up my review schedule :frowning2: 

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #9,523 of 63,794
My HDS3 is arriving today : ) 

It's been a while since KZ has launched a new model, I'm waiting for something new. Been longing for a BA driver earphone from KZ since long time. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #9,525 of 63,794
May we have an impression+review on it later on
smily_headphones1.gif
quite interested on your opinion over it, maybe compare it to the HDS1 if you've got one?

+1, I'd also like to know how they compare to HDS1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back