Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 28, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #64 of 63,832
Aliexpress has a buyer protection just like eBay, it's safe to pay with a credit card.

My experience with the buyer protection on Aliexpress is rather bad and it's nowhere near the one you get with PayPal.

May 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #65 of 63,832
How did you guys pay for the KZ-ED3's off Aliexpress? No paypal so a little.....
Aliexpress is a huge website that has buyer protection. Of course you always have to be careful of scams and buyers should be careful of who they do business with, but as long as there isn't any wierd instructions to wire money or directly link up to a personal account you will be fine. If you don't get your stuff or receive a knock off, you will get your money back if you go through the a motions to report a jank item or item not received. I use my bank card and have never had a problem.

May 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #66 of 63,832
I may hold off then til more people review this. I don't think its worth the risk yet with the aliexpress buyer protection. I have dealt with paypal on more than one occasion and know they are accommodating.

Also i did contact the seller from the aliexpress link posted here, he said yes to paypal, then no, then told me to pay with credit card. So.... not sure what happened there.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #68 of 63,832
Kz ed3 is decent, detailed and mid centric. I wish iit has a more prominent sub bass layer, but I think they are trying to appeal more to those seeking a sound that is more balanced and analytical . Anyone else get theirs? Impressions?

Still waiting...not happy with your impression though.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #69 of 63,832
@charliemotta

They are excellent, they just don't have as much bass as I was expecting. It's nothing a bass boost can't help.

You will like them, they have a wide Soundstage and are nicely detailed. I love the build on them. They have a sturdy cable, strain reliefs are good, metal housing, and an L shaped plug.

PS These are initial impressions. I still gotta spend some time with them before I draw a final conclusion.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #70 of 63,832
@charliemotta

They are excellent, they just don't have as much bass as I was expecting. It's nothing a bass boost can't help.

You will like them, they have a wide Soundstage and are nicely detailed. I love the build on them. They have a sturdy cable, strain reliefs are good, metal housing, and an L shaped plug.

PS These are initial impressions. I still gotta spend some time with them before I draw a final conclusion.

I totally understand, and am not worried. Right now I'm really enjoying my Tenores. They are incredible.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #71 of 63,832
I totally understand, and am not worried. Right now I'm really enjoying my Tenores. They are incredible.
I stand corrected (and pleasantly so)

I did some experimenting with different aftermarket tips on the ed3 and got the sub bass I was looking for! Sound is almost gr07 BE like. Awesome!

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #72 of 63,832
I stand corrected (and pleasantly so)

I did some experimenting with different aftermarket tips on the ed3 and got the sub bass I was looking for! Sound is almost gr07 BE like. Awesome!

No argument here...have not heard the gr07Be yet but pretty much all positive. What tips did you get... ME's?

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #73 of 63,832
My fallback is the sony medium hybrids with the green innards. They never fail. If they fit they seal.

Foam doesn't work for me.

The meelec double flange work well too. I love meelec. They go big with their accessories with everything. I'm excited to see their next line of stuff come out. The m9 (although dated) was pretty monumental when it came out.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #74 of 63,832
  No argument here...have not heard the gr07Be yet but pretty much all positive. What tips did you get... ME's?

They are gr07 BE "like" with a similar signature. The gr07 BE is pretty epic and still better. Then again, the gr07 BE is a good iem for $200 IMHO. I put it away, test and demo the budget models, then go back to either them or the dnk. They are both lovely, and a reminder of how good these two are. I'm waiting for something under $100 to sound better than either of those two. Maybe it will be the vsd3? I hope so!

KZ ed3 is an absolute steal for 25 and well worth the 50 usd asking price. It's build quality and ergonomics are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back