Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 3, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #57,496 of 63,834
Treble overkill that is - just ask @RikudouGoku about his opinion on TP10 (another incarnation of KB10/A10).
A10 were my testing pair for the cables - very sensitive: treble-rich, all-BAs and fairly low impedance of 14-15 Ohm.
uhhh, that abomination got banished into the depths of the abyss as soon as I tried it.

Dec 3, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #57,497 of 63,834
uhhh, that abomination got banished into the depths of the abyss as soon as I tried it.
Love your power of expression!
To me, they are indispensable pair for strings, even with brighter sources, but understandably for any "electronic" or highly percussive - so true:)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #57,498 of 63,834
Treble murdering? Like lacking treble, or do you mean treble overkill, the kb10 is very bright
In my opinion AST is lacking everything except bass: clear mids, spark, layering, etc... 1 DD Aria or Smabat Proto (with Beryllium coated upgrade driver) are from different universe compared to AST. I have more IEM up to € 50, which bring a much more experience than this other failed multi multi multi BA from KZ.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #57,499 of 63,834
but everybody complain about the lack of mid bass
Most goes bass quantity went down, bass quality went up.
depend on how low the quantity is, but as long at least its just above neutral, i'll be happy.
Also per paulwasabi words, depend which iem you come from before trying this, you could feel lack of bass or more natural bass.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #57,500 of 63,834
Most goes bass quantity went down, bass quality went up.
depend on how low the quantity is, but as long at least its just above neutral, i'll be happy.
Also per paulwasabi words, depend which iem you come from before trying this, you could feel lack of bass or more natural bass.
I came from Heart Mirror and CCA CA16 Pro, and I think ZEX Pro bass is just perfect for me. It has more quality than the ZEX and CA16 Pro while having more quantity than HM.

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #57,501 of 63,834
but everybody complain about the lack of mid bass
I also have the OG ZEX I can confirm that the ZEX Pro lacks in the midbass department and why some people prefer the ZEX over the Pro. However, unlike the OG version, ZEX Pro will give you bass texture and airiness in the vocals instead which is a win in my book.

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #57,502 of 63,834
I think what the ZEX Pro nails the most, is the macrodetails, like its unreal for KZ to be this detailed and nuanced. Every instruments carry enough noteweight while circling around the wide stage, like what? Imaging is also excellent in my opinion. Is this even KZ? I can also confirm that ZEX Pro is the antithesis of CCA CA16 Pro, like what Andy said.

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #57,503 of 63,834
I also have the OG ZEX I can confirm that the ZEX Pro lacks in the midbass department and why some people prefer the ZEX over the Pro. However, unlike the OG version, ZEX Pro will give you bass texture and airiness in the vocals instead which is a win in my book.
One thing i didn't particularly fond of about KZ ZS10 Pro back then is the high yet textureless bass.
Especially at the time, i audition it against TFZ King series who have good quality bass (and slightly higher price bracket).

I'd prefer slightly above neutral good textured bass over higher quantity lesser quality bass which reminds me of many cheap bad iems
and when it comes to amount, worse come to worst, i could eq to get more quantity. can't do that with lack of quality.
---
My ZEX Pro is still in the middle of f*cking sea... hopefully comes to me before christmas.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #57,504 of 63,834
I think what the ZEX Pro nails the most, is the macrodetails, like its unreal for KZ to be this detailed and nuanced. Every instruments carry enough noteweight while circling around the wide stage, like what? Imaging is also excellent in my opinion. Is this even KZ? I can also confirm that ZEX Pro is the antithesis of CCA CA16 Pro, like what Andy said.
You're listening with stock cable or any upgrade cable? thanks

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #57,505 of 63,834
Its been awhile since last time i visit 4chan, home of thousands edge-lords.
But interesting discussion.
1638603653944.png

Not one complained about how good it is, mostly argue whether its actually functionally 1dd with 2 other driver not functional or a proper 3 driver.
Something about the smooth graph is indicating no BA.

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #57,506 of 63,834
You're listening with stock cable or any upgrade cable? thanks
Avoid the stock cable as much as possible in my experience it makes ZP unengaging, flat and lifeless, just MEH. Put any 8 core cable (I'm using a Nicehck 8-core copper cable) you want and your pause game is good to go. You can try changing the eartips to sony ex11 if you think that the 8k region is too much. I'm not a cable believer by default, this is the only exception, since I've definitely noticed that ZP became more dynamic and energetic while maintaining that neutral signature with any 8 core cable aside from the stock cable blasphemy.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #57,507 of 63,834
Its been awhile since last time i visit 4chan, home of thousands edge-lords.
But interesting discussion.
1638603653944.png
Not one complained about how good it is, mostly argue whether its actually functionally 1dd with 2 other driver not functional or a proper 3 driver.
Something about the smooth graph is indicating no BA.
I've seen someone saying that its on par with Moondrop Kato, the only difference is that Kato has more refinement in the mids while ZP has a much larger stage.

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #57,508 of 63,834
Avoid the stock cable as much as possible in my experience it makes ZP unengaging, flat and lifeless, just MEH. Put any 8 core cable (I'm using a Nicehck 8-core copper cable) you want and your pause game is good to go. You can try changing the eartips to sony ex11 if you think that the 8k region is too much. I'm not a cable believer by default, this is the only exception, since I've definitely noticed that ZP became more dynamic and energetic while maintaining that neutral signature with any 8 core cable aside from the stock cable blasphemy.
Thanks for reply, are you talking about this cable?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32955106234.html

I like this cable as well, at least better than stock silver cable I believe.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...=20211204003429227868306651670010939101_2&s=p

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #57,509 of 63,834
Dec 4, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #57,510 of 63,834
I've seen someone saying that its on par with Moondrop Kato, the only difference is that Kato has more refinement in the mids while ZP has a much larger stage.

In comparison

1638603856920.png

Not sure on the "tone", kz ba have that metalic taste and whether we hit driver limitation, but so far its promising

Users who are viewing this thread

Back