Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #48,451 of 63,803
I agree, its the budget section that have been improving much recently. Still you cant judge ny dollar per performance, they are coming in a package and more higher tier, you pay a lot for the refinement.
I said before like cheap chinese car also have 4 wheels, same round steering wheel, they have windshield too, they have engine and all parts, so its like 90% of BMW right?
What differentiate them is refinement, R&D, luxury, better conponents, smoother experience, etc
In IEM world, that much money differents are on refinement, more mature sound, better a little in every aspect, and everything coming in 1 package.

For someone looking for great iem with great value no doubt they will choose the chifi. But for extreme audiophiles, your ears dont know your waller. They only know which one is better.

Although I respect your opinion, it's simply not true in my opinion. There are too many expensive IEMs that doesn't warrant it's high price tag. The high end audiophile industry is driven by boutique companies, and there are just too many companies simply selling snake oils, because sound is mostly "subjective" and one can claim anything on the basis of subjectivism. There also exists in abundance, head-fiers unnecessarily hyping products and fueling unfounded claims based on "personal preference and bias." And you mentioned refinement, R&D, and better components. R&D from a company with handful of guys pumping out IEMs every 3-4 months is largely insignificant. And you have high end company using cheap off the shelf BAs in their top models, so you cannot claim all high end sets are using quality products. Plenty of companies also use same resin type shells on their entire lineup with different colors perhaps with similar internals and charging customers in every price range. Big companies like Sony are probably one of the few that allot meaningful resources in manpower and capital for so called "improvements." Most boutique companies are charging exorbitant amount considering the overall cost of goods (product cost/R&D/etc), that simply cannot be justified. They're getting away with murder because uninformed customers are willing to pay whatever price for an insignificant gain or simply for what is only a difference in sound signatures.

Unless there is a standard way for a qauntifiable measurement of the quality of sound, it's all a "he said she said" game, largely based on personal bias.

As I've mentioned in my previous post, you're not missing much with a solid entry level IEMs. But in the end, to each his/her own and whatever floats your boat I guess.

Enjoy your music.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #48,452 of 63,803
I've only seen mic cables that are bluetooth and the 2-pin Paragraph-C type cable is still a fairly new connector standard compared to other connectors like MMCX. Usually users would opt for a non-mic cable as it minimizes the cable resistance, which can sometimes help with the sound. I just have a stock KZ cable with mic (in case i really need to use the mic) along with a gold-silver mixed cable.

yeah that's my experience too. i just like the convenience of being able to change the track without digging out my phone. i listen a lot at the gym, on my bike, etc.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #48,453 of 63,803
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #48,454 of 63,803
As I've mentioned in my previous post, you're not missing much with a solid entry level IEMs. But in the end, to each his/her own and whatever floats your boat I guess.

Enjoy your music.

Exactly what I'm doing right now, enjoying a fantastic recording of Mozart's Violin Concerto KV218, through my trusty old magenta 12.50€ ZSN, unbalanced on the Sonata DAC. Not only that I'm really not missing too much from this combo; this particular batch of Bellsing 30095 does a pretty decent job with string instruments.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #48,455 of 63,803
Exactly what I'm doing right now, enjoying a fantastic recording of Mozart's Violin Concerto KV218, through my trusty old magenta 12.50€ ZSN, unbalanced on the Sonata DAC. Not only that I'm really not missing too much from this combo; this particular batch of Bellsing 30095 does a pretty decent job with string instruments.
Exactly, for me 30095s are great for strings and do a better job than Knowles. Knowles are more dampened, and sound more refined, closer to DDs.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #48,456 of 63,803
Received the KZ E10's today and they are very efficient I can only get the volume of my Fiio X5iii to 6 on low gain and it is loud enough

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #48,457 of 63,803
Received the KZ E10's today and they are very efficient I can only get the volume of my Fiio X5iii to 6 on low gain and it is loud enough

What is the control scheme on these. Hopefully not another with three taps to do stuff or hold for volume. Deal breakers for me.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #48,458 of 63,803

How's the sound?

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #48,459 of 63,803
Sound good, better than I imagined. It's the usual touch stuff, 1 tap to pause music/play music or 1 click to answer call/hang up, long press on right to reject call. Double click right for previous song/double click left for next song.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #48,460 of 63,803
Sound good, better than I imagined. It's the usual touch stuff, 1 tap to pause music/play music or 1 click to answer call/hang up, long press on right to reject call. Double click right for previous song/double click left for next song.

Can you change the volume? I'm seeing SO many newer TW IEM's that for some inexplicable reason you can't change the volume!

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #48,461 of 63,803

What kz iem can it be compared to? ZSN or zs10pro or zs7?

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #48,462 of 63,803
Can you change the volume? I'm seeing SO many newer TW IEM's that for some inexplicable reason you can't change the volume!

I am actually finding that I have never change the volume using my TWS at all. With tws that have volume control like galaxy buds, I just set the volume to the "max" on the buds and I adjust the volume on my phone 100% of time.

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #48,464 of 63,803
Total dealbreaker for me. No way I'm fishing my phone out of my pocket every time I get to a track with higher or lower than normal volume. I don't give a ratzass about accessing Siri or Google Assistant if I can't adjust the volume on my earphones. LOL

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #48,465 of 63,803
Total dealbreaker for me. No way I'm fishing my phone out of my pocket every time I get to a track with higher or lower than normal volume. I don't give a ratzass about accessing Siri or Google Assistant if I can't adjust the volume on my earphones. LOL

Can Siri etc do it for you? I know when I ask Alexa to turn my Echo volume up or down, she will happily comply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back