Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #48,031 of 63,832
I do like the stock look a lot, but I've been experimenting with different colors. This one one I made that I think looks pretty good
Ksn0LqU.jpg

gTmExq5.jpg

ppscrU3.jpg
That looks pretty good. I think i might have to take a look at the customization options again and play around with it a bit. Its been a while since I've looked.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #48,033 of 63,832
My preference is the ZSX over C12 as I like the tuning better. The ZSX reminds me of my he1000 sound with its splashy treble with hardly any sibilance.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #48,034 of 63,832
That looks pretty good. I think i might have to take a look at the customization options again and play around with it a bit. Its been a while since I've looked.
Here is the color settings if you want it to look like mine :)
lbOcfzs.jpg

Kf0JxWt.jpg

7a7IOMm.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #48,035 of 63,832
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #48,037 of 63,832
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #48,038 of 63,832
The C12 measurements show quite a drop off after 5k followed by a huge peak at 10k. Is that noticeable while listening? The way I see it, the treble won’t sound obviously sucked out since 5k is generally a more sensitive frequency than 10k but maybe on closer listening you can notice some hollowness in the treble? Just curious.

Sep 24, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #48,039 of 63,832
Is that a new KZ logo? Haha
Also are those going to be TRN BT20S true wireless competitor attachments?

they call them TWS ... so, yes, I guess ...

kze10twi.jpg

oh, wait ... just reading through some of the comments ... maybe those hooks are not at all detachable ... I thought they are, but slowly i am realizing that maybe not all the BT tech fits in there ... ... now I wonder if there will be a charging box ...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #48,040 of 63,832
The C12 have slightly more forward upper Mids and the ZSX have better separation. Personally I prefer the ZSX
Yes, I think I do as well. The ZSX reminds me of my favourite ZS7 with a bit more detail and treble extension. Soundstage is wonderful too. C12 is a little more technical and I seem to enjoy my music more on the ZSX.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #48,041 of 63,832
Is that a new KZ logo? Haha
Also are those going to be TRN BT20S true wireless competitor attachments?
Hard to say. The shells don't seem to be dettachable - otherwise they'd have probably shown it in the pictures.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #48,043 of 63,832
Yes, I think I do as well. The ZSX reminds me of my favourite ZS7 with a bit more detail and treble extension. Soundstage is wonderful too. C12 is a little more technical and I seem to enjoy my music more on the ZSX.
Yup! I do agree about the ZSX sounding slightly better than the ZS7 in bass rumble and clearer and better extended details. But, I can't seem to wear them for more than 20 minutes no matter what I do. Believe me, I tried all types of ear tips ranging from silicone, soft silicone, foam, comply ear tips. It just doesn't work for me for long listening sessions because of the housing. Though, I gotta say! ...I take my hat-off to the sister company CCA for pulling it off on the C12 with there compact size, great technicality and balance where I can listen for many hours to such a mature listening experience that can easily compete or rival expensive and branded models, in my honest 2 cents experience!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #48,044 of 63,832
Yup! I do agree about the ZSX sounding slightly better than the ZS7 in bass rumble and clearer and better extended details. But, I can't seem to wear them for more than 20 minutes no matter what I do. Believe me, I tried all types of ear tips ranging from silicone, soft silicone, foam, comply ear tips. It just doesn't work for me for long listening sessions because of the housing. Though, I gotta say! ...I take my hat-off to the sister company CCA for pulling it off on the C12 with there compact size, great technicality and balance where I can listen for many hours to such a mature listening experience that can easily compete or rival expensive and branded models, in my honest 2 cents experience!
Of course if you have a problem with fit, that will impact on the sound and comfort. Luckily I find them very comfortable with the Starline tips and my Hifi Hear hybrid cable. The C12 is very good and the best CCA so far and displays superb details and clarity but I feel the ZSX has a more integrated presentation and is more relaxing to listen to. The difference is not huge, though, and I really enjoy both of them!

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #48,045 of 63,832

Users who are viewing this thread

Back