1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Keputs

zr0dfx likes this.
  2. Keputs

Got that KZ gold silver mixed 200 core upgrade cable (their term, not mine lol) to go with some spinfit cp155. Awesome sounding stuff.

cheers

zr0dfx likes this.
  3. voicemaster
    Yes

4. Seazer
    I'm contemplating getting this one here

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3PL1Qeq4

Looks thicc and has good conductivity

One of the reviews says the pins polarity is inverted, I'm not sure if that's bad or what it would do to my iems

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    If you think the ZSX might be your end game then the Semkarch CNT-1 is mine.

The fit is very wonky though. :frowning2:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    baskingshark likes this.
  6. baskingshark
    Semkarch cnt1 is very good IMHO. I am testing it out this week. I would say for a single DD iem it is very all rounded and does everything well.
    My other higherend DD iems are just marginal improvements in sound quality for way more money and I would be satisfied with it if u don't wanna chase the remaining 10 - 20% improvement.

archdawg and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    I finally realized after buying 15 KZ iems why I kept buying them. I was looking for my first perfect iem and I didn't find it once. :frowning2:

The CNT-1 is good enough to my ears. However, it's nice to have other great iems too.

I'm no longer buying KZ iems but I will keep my eyes on this thread in the hope's that they will one day create a "perfect" iem.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    rayliam80, PhonoPhi and baskingshark like this.
  8. MyPants
    Hey All, it's been a while since I've been around the KZ thread, but I'm launching a youtube audiophile review channel, and I just uploaded an unboxing & first impressions video on the ZSX. I'll be doing a full review and giveaway later this week, but the short version of the story is that I'm impressed :smile_phones:

Light - Man, axhng, zr0dfx and 2 others like this.
  9. cleg
    And here is mine video about KZ ZSX

10. Jmop
    Throwing down my recommendation for the AS10.

Pros: Coherency, refinement, bass extension, naturalness.

Cons: Lower treble emphasis in relation to mid/upper treble (treble extension).

PhonoPhi, zr0dfx and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  11. Slater
    If you’re no longer buying them, how will you know when they create a “perfect” IEM? How do you know that they haven’t already done so, and it’s just not one of the ones you own?

HungryPanda likes this.
  12. LaughMoreDaily
    I am reading for personal feedback and recommendations but I am not jumping on any hype trains. Especially since the people starting them may even be working for KZ.

I will wait six months or more from release before buying any future KZ.

I like BQEYZ KB1 ($20USD) better than the $100's of dollars I've spent on KZ's.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to try to stop following this thread as well. I will post the great iems I buy in the future in my sig.

13. Slater
    I’m surprised you didn’t go with the KB100. It’s head and shoulders above the KB1.

DynamicEars likes this.
  14. voicemaster
    There will never be "perfect" iem no matter the price nor brand. And again, sound is subjective, what good for you might be ****ty for me or vice versa.

15. Jmop
    Yup, I gave up finding the perfect earphone a long time ago. Now I’m just looking for one where the positives outweigh the negatives enough for me to enjoy it, and without any glaring faults. The search for the “good enough” iem is still underway, however.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.