Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #47,341 of 63,802
Does anyone here have the sync problem with kz-t1? It seems that i can't get them to sync together at the same time now but being detected as separate L & R. "KZ-T1 & KZ-T1-R" , If both being connected, music will be played only on 1 side. This looks to me like a bug

There’s a lot of T1 users that hang out in this thread here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wireless-iems-are-we-there-yet.901427/

If you don’t get an answer in this thread, I’d ask over there as I’m sure someone will know the answer :wink:

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #47,342 of 63,802
You have to reset them - remove the pairing from your phone, then reset the buds.
How do i do that? i have tried to remove the pairing setting from my phone already then turned them off. But they will be still displayed on bluetooth device scan separately as L and R piece

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #47,344 of 63,802
There is a scoring chart in the video so you can get an idea....
upload_2019-9-4_19-31-30.png

You can tell what everything is. Seems to beat the 10 Pro again and again the stage seems large got a 95 and 100 for control of sibilance. Still thinks the T3 beats it in a few areas.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #47,345 of 63,802
There is a scoring chart in the video so you can get an idea....

You can tell what everything is. Seems to beat the 10 Pro again and again the stage seems large got a 95 and 100 for control of sibilance. Still thinks the T3 beats it in a few areas.

Interesting! If it is beating or exceeding the T3 that seems to be rater impressive value considering their relative prices! Though since he seems to be benching everything against a pair of overheads which he scores near perfectly across the board, I must say I face his ranking with some degree of skepticism... Especially when he rates the 660s lower for sound stage and higher for base... than any of the in ears. Haven't heard the 660s myself so maybe my assumptions are off?

*Edit* - Regardless, I guess if they beat the 10 pro which is generally well considered, they will meet my needs handily.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #47,346 of 63,802
Anyone here fluid in Spanish and interested in giving us a summery of this review? :)

Basically, he says that zsx are the best Kz by far. The soundstage is excellent and they are very deep and wide, the sound gives the feeling of being distant. The treble are not as high as the zs pro, but without losing details. They are the KZ closest to a neutral sound. Anyway, he is not a big fan of KZ, but the zsx are one of the best iem he has ever heard.

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #47,347 of 63,802
Basically, he says that zsx are the best Kz by far. The soundstage is excellent and they are very deep and wide, the sound gives the feeling of being distant. The treble are not as high as the zs pro, but without losing details. They are the KZ closest to a neutral sound. Anyway, he is not a big fan of KZ, but the zsx are one of the best iem he has ever heard.

Awesome man, thanks for the summery! Sounds really promising so far. :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #47,348 of 63,802
Oh, unlucky. But... wouldn't be easier to ask for a replacement?
I would have, but on Amazon.ca here in Canada, it wasn't an option. Return only with money refunded. I could reorder it but how do I know it won't just be a refurbished unit, or I could even be getting back the same unit I sent back?!
What’s the problem with the 2.5mm jack?

Why not just exchange it for another ES100?
Problem with 2.5mm jack was it was cutting in and out, and sound was always distorted. Turning the plug on the cable while it was plugged in produced no improvement. I'm guessing the output jack was faulty...maybe not soldered properly. Either way, it didn't work properly and I'm not keeping a unit that cost me $129 if it has faults. On Amazon, I would have liked to have seen a replace option, but the only one was to ship it back and get a refund. Oh well, at least I'm getting my money back. I can always reorder it when my refund is credited.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #47,349 of 63,802
Usually amazon products are not even opened and instead are thrown into a giant pile of returns that sit for months and months before being processed. I know some kid like scammed Amazon out of few hundred thousand dollars recently because this is there return policy. You could buy lets say a $2000 Guitar Amp. Receive the amp and weigh it. Then open the box and take out the amp. Carefully repackage everything up with wood and bricks that weigh the exact same. Send back to Amazon who issues a refund after the package is received back at that warehouse. Sell Amp on CL, rinse, repeat.

I think its the main reason Amazon is cracking down on chronic returners and banning accounts for too many returns.

Ok, here is the link. Dude used dirt, LOL and then started a company to sell the open box items. Amazing! https://www.newser.com/story/278686/man-scams-amazon-with-dirty-boxes-report.html

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #47,350 of 63,802
Problem with 2.5mm jack was it was cutting in and out, and sound was always distorted. Turning the plug on the cable while it was plugged in produced no improvement. I'm guessing the output jack was faulty...maybe not soldered properly.

Something similar happened to my ES100. The very 1st time I plugged in a 2.5mm cable. The plug would only pushed in 90% and then physically stop (or so I thought). I thought something was defective or bad, and I just happened to end up pushing with a little bit more force. It turned out that there must have been something 'stiff' from the original production. It must have worked loose whatever was stiff, and the 2.5mm plug all the sudden snapped in 100% of the way. After that point, the sound and jack worked flawlessly, and I have had zero issues since.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #47,351 of 63,802
I just got the ZSX a couple hours ago. First impressions, very nice. Great bass, if not a bit overdone. Mids are decent, slightly dipped. Treble is slightly extended but very mellow. I think the best KZ for sure. Soundstage is not great, somewhere between my eyes. Everything else is pretty good. Really nice extended bass, but not terribly tight. I think the Sony MH755 have better soundstage but the KZ prolly wins in all other areas. I dunno if I can think of a better $50 bux iem.

[edit] NOT wide nor deep. Not at all.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #47,352 of 63,802
I just got the ZSX a couple hours ago. First impressions, very nice. Great bass, if not a bit overdone. Mids are decent, slightly dipped. Treble is slightly extended but very mellow. I think the best KZ for sure. Soundstage is not great, somewhere between my eyes. Everything else is pretty good. Really nice extended bass, but not terribly tight. I think the Sony MH755 have better soundstage but the KZ prolly wins in all other areas. I dunno if I can think of a better $50 bux iem.

[edit] NOT wide nor deep. Not at all.

Do u have the KZ ZS10 pro to compare with? And how is the timbre of instruments on the ZSX?

TIA!

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #47,354 of 63,802
OK after using deep insertion 3 flange tips, im getting a bit more sound stage. Better mids too. I do like them better with 3 flanges.

This reminds me a lot of the Fiio FH7 but tuned better and with less technical refinement.

[edit] decided to hook them up with a balanced cable and into my ES100. Was using an LG G7 before. HOLY MOTHER OF BASS. These are a basshead set of iems, easily. The mids came up nicely and treble extended. Also soundstage is much wider. Es100 for the win!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #47,355 of 63,802
OK after using deep insertion 3 flange tips, im getting a bit more sound stage. Better mids too. I do like them better with 3 flanges.

This reminds me a lot of the Fiio FH7 but tuned better and with less technical refinement.

[edit] decided to hook them up with a balanced cable and into my ES100. Was using an LG G7 before. HOLY MOTHER OF BASS. These are a basshead set of iems, easily. The mids came up nicely and treble extended. Also soundstage is much wider. Es100 for the win!

Would you say the sub-bass goes as deep as your KPE? The Kanas Pro was my reference for "basshead" extension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back