Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #46,906 of 63,834
I'm one of those who got on the Foam Bandwagon a while ago.
I couldn't figure out why my new IEMs weren't giving me the "great sound" others were getting; missing bass and mids. I finally ditched my ego, went back to silicone tips that fit properly, and re-discovered the missing "greatness".

I just use foam tips in the ZS6 because of how painful its to use it otherwise.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #46,907 of 63,834
The best for everyone is find a reviewer they can relate best to by what they hear the same:thumbsup: Of course no two people will align 100% but for sure if you are within an 80/85%'tile you'll like/love what they do:wink:

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #46,908 of 63,834
The best for everyone is find a reviewer they can relate best to by what they hear the same:thumbsup: Of course no two people will align 100% but for sure if you are within an 80/85%'tile you'll like/love what they do:wink:

me? lolnope, learnt this after my 2nd purchase 3 years ago or so (basically got into KZ during the ZS3-ZST-ATR debacle)

I'm just reminding people (or at least telling since it seems people don't know this). That's how you get stupid remarks like "WTH, EVERYONE SAID THIS WAS GREAT BUT I BOUGHT IT AND I DON'T THINK ITS GREAT".

The other thing I'm always bored of hearing is about how "tuning matters more" like its some kind of wise secret passed down among the monks of audio.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #46,909 of 63,834
me? lolnope, learnt this after my 2nd purchase 3 years ago or so (basically got into KZ during the ZS3-ZST-ATR debacle)

I'm just reminding people (or at least telling since it seems people don't know this). That's how you get stupid remarks like "WTH, EVERYONE SAID THIS WAS GREAT BUT I BOUGHT IT AND I DON'T THINK ITS GREAT".

The other thing I'm always bored of hearing is about how "tuning matters more" like its some kind of wise secret passed down among the monks of audio.

Ah, Monks of audio. Those guys that make the killer $5 ear buds:rolling_eyes: Yeah, you know a lot of people just stopped hanging here because of those who open the trap before making sure the bait is good:open_mouth: Then you have those that can't heed graphs and reviews then it becomes a tuning issue! My fave is when all else fails we can start down the Tonality/Timber trail ala Peter cottontail:scream:

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #46,910 of 63,834
I know, right.

I've held off buying several drops in the past due to the risk of duties. I don't mind the tax so much as the bogus "handling fee" that gets tacked on.

Now I just avoid drops because the deals are generally not there for the stuff I want. I got my ZS10 Pros off Gearbest for a cheaper price than Drop. I think it was even cheaper on AliExpress at the time.
I bought my second set of ZS10 PRO'S from Aliexpress in June, during their mid year sale. $37 CDN, including shipping with tracking. And no extra fees. They just landed in my mailbox about 2.5 weeks after I ordered them. I've been really impressed with Aliexpress so far.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #46,911 of 63,834
Thanks for taking one for the team.
Look forward to your reviews! Your previous reviews were great too.
+1! I've got both the V90 and ZSX in my cart at the moment. A comparison would be hugely appreciated.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #46,913 of 63,834
28th August is the one day Aliexpress summer sale
Great...same day I get paid. If I'm smart, I'd buy an dap with a balanced output. But I'm not, so I'll probably get more iems. Sigh...

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #46,914 of 63,834
Great...same day I get paid. If I'm smart, I'd buy an dap with a balanced output. But I'm not, so I'll probably get more iems. Sigh...

Get an ES100

Low output impedance, Dual AK4375a, USB DAC, Qualcomm CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 receiver, balanced output, app with loads of hardware control, custom EQ profiles, aptX, aptX-HD, AAC, LDAC...

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #46,915 of 63,834

I've been buying from reputable Ali-Ex sellers for years now with great success myself:beerchug: For sure you should get an ES100 to BT with a phone and make phone files sound way better and I think Drop just had them for $75! Now for a balanced DAP Drop also has my # 1 in the Bit Opus # 1 right now as well:grin: If I was a chick I'd be a Temptress:rolling_eyes:

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #46,918 of 63,834
Get an ES100

Low output impedance, Dual AK4375a, USB DAC, Qualcomm CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 receiver, balanced output, app with loads of hardware control, custom EQ profiles, aptX, aptX-HD, AAC, LDAC...
Yeah, I think you might be right. I've been pondering this thing for months now. Maybe it's time I finally got myself one. Thanks, @Slater !

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #46,919 of 63,834
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #46,920 of 63,834
Ah, Monks of audio. Those guys that make the killer $5 ear buds:rolling_eyes: Yeah, you know a lot of people just stopped hanging here because of those who open the trap before making sure the bait is good:open_mouth: Then you have those that can't heed graphs and reviews then it becomes a tuning issue! My fave is when all else fails we can start down the Tonality/Timber trail ala Peter cottontail:scream:

I love how one of the narrative was that "KZ JUST CRAM A BUNCH OF BA IN A SHELL AND PRAY" when most stuff are tuned a certain way. Timbre/tonality, that's more to the capability of the transducers used, I'm actually more excited about ZSX because I want to see how the new mid-high drivers are (the DWEK BA model).

Well, if you're not willing to get a DAP, there's the new E1DA ES9038S and PowerDacV2 USB-C DAC, really good measurements in review. Some sound engineering went into them.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-e1da-9038s-bal-portable-dac-amp.8424/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back