1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. baskingshark
    For TRN X6, I have some friends who love it for stage monitoring but they agree the sound is a let down for general music listening.

As for the looks part, I go for sound quality over looks. As long as the headphone/IEM doesn't look like one of these stuff that prohibits me from walking down the street:

Clock IEM.jpg Earcup noodle Headphones.jpg grave headphone.jpg

The Toneking ninetails is one of my favourite IEMs soundwise but looks weird lol.
    KZ terminator looks baddass though, and I hope the sound will be as kickass as the looks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. igorneumann
    I use to say the same about looks... but after my 30th IEM I realize I could save some dime passing on the ugly ones and a therapist would still be worried about the amount I buy.
    Unless its an awesome sound you cant get on any other for that price, it needs to looks good for me now.

Ps.: Let me know if any friend want a big discounted X6 used for less than 5 minutes.

baskingshark likes this.
  3. mbwilson111
    I like them both.

B9Scrambler likes this.
  4. igorneumann
    Oh, I have no idea how the v20 sounds like... I just find it fugly!
    I mean... its like sticking one of those to your ears:
    [​IMG]

But liking the x6 does surprise me, for music listening?
    Did you went back to it after the "new toy excitement" weared off?

5. youngarthur
    Well, I really really tried. My KZ buds, wouldn't connect, after many hours, trying different things. Ali express want video of problem, but video won't load to their website, only Photos, which, understandingly, they won't accept.I have purchased many items, from many companies, and never had a problem, so after backwards and forwards, texts, form filling etc.,I have a final solution, throw them in the bin.Problem solved!.

Light - Man and baskingshark like this.
  6. RikudouGoku
    Agreed with the above 100 usd iems. I checked out TFZ no.3 and Audiosense T800 and i am starting to regret buying so many KZs that are not really huge upgrades.

7. igorneumann
    Post the video on youtube and send the link.

8. SiggyFraud
    V20 actually looked quite nice in real life, especially the black ones. Lightweight and comfy too. Sold my pair after a while as it wasn't getting much listening time with all the new gear.

igorneumann and mbwilson111 like this.
  9. auraldesire95
    Is it worth waiting for the ZSX reviews or shall I order the ZS10 Pro?

10. baskingshark
    The ZS10 Pro is generally well regarded by the budget CHIFI community and is a safer buy as of now.

I personally will wait for ZSX reviews. But it might take 2 - 3 weeks for the first reviews to filter out. In general IEMs are more expensive when they first release and over next few months the price usually drops, so if you ain't in a rush, it is safer to wait and maybe the price might drop in the future, especially with 11-11 coming round the corner.

Well you can be a brave guinea pig and be one of the first ZSX owners and let us know your impressions!

11. BrunoC
    There's an AliExpress sale starting in some days.

12. mbwilson111
    Yes... and I treated it to a nice balanced cable. But, if you look at my list you will realize that I cannot possibly give any one thing the time it deserves.

[​IMG]

KevDzn and Slater like this.
  13. Podster
    I'll throw in the caveat if the community goes ape $#!T and a major hype train ensues the price usually rises until the next train arrives:rolling_eyes:

@mbwilson111 Sweet cable on that TRN as well:beerchug:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    mbwilson111 and baskingshark like this.
  14. auraldesire95
    The reason I ask is because the ZS10 Pro is £31.11 from the KZ Official Store and the ZSX is £32.37 from NiceHCK Audio Store.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  15. mbwilson111
    Be the guinea pig if you can spare the cash:)