1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. LaughMoreDaily
    Any good upgrade cables out there for ZS6 v2? or ZSA, the lone ranger who hates non-stock cables?

2. courierdriver
    I'm kinda dumbfounded. First, why haven't you even listened to the Crescent?! Second, why do you think you should have bought a Bqeys instead? What is it sound wise that you are searching for?

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. courierdriver
    I bought my second set of ZS10 PRO for $37 Cdn from Aliexpress in the middle of June, during their half year sale.

4. SoundChoice
    The Crescent is a comfortable pleasant-sounding surprise.

5. LaughMoreDaily
    No doubt... I hear it sounds like a Kanas Pro... Well, half of one. :wink:

6. LaughMoreDaily
    I think I am so used to the KZ style and ease of use that I havent paid attention to the C yet. I am trying to get my KZ's to sound their best before I go there, I guess?

Unfortunately, KZ's need some mods sometimes to sound their best... whole other brands make iems great out of the box.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    courierdriver likes this.
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    I sort of liked the ZS6 v2 today. Unfortunately, he's picky at what music he likes to listen to. But when he finds a recording he enjoys (it takes a while), he's a "winner".

Because of this problem though, I will rarely listen to him. What a jerk!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. Caipirina
    Sure that's a 'he'? :D Sounds more like ... :wink:

anyhooo, how again do I know if it is V1 or V2? I got the red ones like 6 weeks ago, so Guess that's a V2?

9. archdawg
    Based on what has been discussed and more or less agreed upon here a while ago there seem to exist at least 3 versions of the ZS6:
    V1: no lip on the nozzle (aka 'nozzle-lip'), old Bellsing 30095 BA with infamous piercing treble but very spacious soundstage
    V2: same Bellsing BAs > sound, stage, air, etc... but lip on the nozzle (I own one of these)
    V3: 'nozzle-lip' but newer, 'customized' 30095 BAs (see text in KZ product images), less piercing treble but somewhat reduced soundstage and less airy. I own two copies (green and red) that I bought in February and March this year and the treble sounds distinctively more tame and rolled off compared to my older, grey V2 set.
    There's also a chance that KZ changed components of the passive crossover to tame the treble, but I haven't done any measurements myself.
    With that being said I'd suspect that there exist different versions of other KZ models as well (standard Bellsing BAs/ customized KZ BAs), but since I don't own multiple copies of any other KZ hybrids apart from the ZS6 and later ZS7 I can't confirm this.

10. auraldesire95
    Odd question. Which is the best store to order the CCA C10 from: NiceHCK Audio Store or CCA Global Store?

NiceHCK have more orders in comparison. (1,120 > 662)

11. megapowa
    I ordered various things from nicehck store. No problem at all.

But I see no reason to order from 3rd party instead of the official store.

Cca is a newer store hence why it has fewer total orders.

12. Caipirina
    Thank you for taking the time for this very detailed response!

I do recall the whole nozzle-lip discussion ... looks like only my ZS5 is lip-less :) So far I never noticed a piercing treble on my 6ers , but I did not go search for it either.

kz567.jpg

LaughMoreDaily, Slater and archdawg like this.
  13. Caipirina
    Only can vouch for NiceHCK store, very good experiences, they have seen a lot of my money :D

KipNix and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  14. baskingshark
    I have bought from NiceHCK Audio Store many times and they have fast shipping and good service.
    But personally, I go for the cheapest deal (with free shipping) on Aliexpress. If the price is thereabouts, I would go for the one with the best shipping speed/communication based on the storepage review.
    Aliexpress is quite safe IMHO, they will keep the money in escrow and will only release the money to seller once you have confirmed a satisfactory product. I bought ~ 100 items from them and they all sooner or later ended up at my doorstep. Only received 1 lemon which was refunded after I contacted seller.

15. Coldheart29
    I bought the ZSR cause it has a noticeable dip in the 3.5 to 4.5 khz range, and that should be great for me, since i'm quite sensitive to that region of the audible spectrum.
    And i got the zse just because it was 2 buck and with a coupon i had it was basically free.

mbwilson111 likes this.