1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. feeble
    This is a noob question, but i have old pairs of ED9/ATRs that i haven't used in about 2 years, but the cables have become sticky. Its happened to a few other chi-fi IEMs after not being using for many months. Why does this happen? Should i spray Goo Gone on the cable?

2. archdawg
    Maybe because the EDR1 delivers some of the best bang for the buck in the audio universe, has some seriously rumbling deep-bass and sounds really decent with a bit of EQing and even better on a nice DAC/amp. Deeply inserted (ETY style) they have some of the best insulation of any IEM in my ever growing stash - I use mine on the nerve wrecking local transport and they rock me just fine.
    As to the $12 ES4, in that price range I prefer the ZSN but even though both are technically better phones in many regards the EDR1 beat them with better coherency, insulation and to me good ol' listening fun - YMMV, as usual.

loomisjohnson likes this.
  3. igorneumann
    Why do some people push the ES4? The ZS10 Pro is a much better model and it's $40USD right now.

SoundChoice and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  4. xxAMAROKxx
    BA10 and AS12 imho

5. SinisterDev
    Nice! I just saw those on Aliexpress the other day. I actually bought this kit off Amazon.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0787VLNBG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title these Tennmak Whirlwind tips. They look exactly like those KZ ones and come in a really nice case that I'm using to store my ZS10 Pros now!

Also I figured I'd give you a tip that's working great for me. I took some spare o-rings that I had from a set of mechanical keyboard dampners. They're 5mm Inner diameter, and 1.5mm width. I put one onto each tip of the ZS10 and then put the Whirlwind tips on after them. It works like a spacer so that there's some more room inside the silicone tip between your ear canal and the metal filter on the monitor. It'll help keep that filter cleaner. And I actually really like the way it fits now. Quite comfortable. I'm liking these wide bore tips!

Including some pics.
    20190816_024934.jpg 20190816_025115.jpg

6. LaughMoreDaily
    I don't know about you but I've owned 15 KZ models. Unless something super special comes around I wont buy another for 6 months.

What's the price difference between the EDR1 and ES4? Not much. You are saying like everyone else to buy the ZS10 Pro. If you see my signature I am happy with what I have right now.

The ZS10 Pro "might" be the best buy for a newbie but the ES4 and EDR1 are better choices for someone who is frugal and cautious.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  7. xxAMAROKxx
    This time I will also wait for a review of ZSX before I order them. Maybe :)

Caipirina likes this.
  8. igorneumann

II wouldn't call "more than double the price" as "mot much difference"... as I tried to illustrate on the ES4/ZS10 Pro analogy.

They arent comparable, and as said before, the ES4 isnt even the best KZ choice at its pricepoint anymore.

9. Miki811
    Those o-rings are genius! That's one thing I noticed when using the whrilwinds. When removing the iem, there's always that space as if the tip is going to get pulled out. So basically, it's secure but loose, if you know what I mean. Might look for those o-rings soon. :D

Slater and SinisterDev like this.
  10. xxAMAROKxx
    What will be the first ... and better? KZ ZSX or CCA C12? :dt880smile:
    [​IMG]

11. KevDzn
    Fingers crossed hopping they don't sound the same.

12. Nimweth
    Does anyone know the driver complement of the new ZSX? I would like to see 1DD (the new Tesla type), 2x29689 mid BAs, 1x31005 mid/high (as in the ZS7) and 2 x 31736 for the treble. I would like ZS7 sub-bass, no mid bass hump and a softer more detailed treble than the ZS10 Pro. And will the CCA C12 be the same? We shall see...

13. billbishere
    i recently got a surprise with my KZ ZS10 Pros. As you know they are a sensitive IEM and seem to be powered easy from pretty much anything. I use them on my LGv30 with wide open DAC - and I usually never get past 50 on the volume, usually much less than that. So I would not have thought giving them more power would change the sound. Well, I connected them to my Topping D10 > Liquid Spark setup.... I was blown away about how much better they sounded. Not louder but, actually better! Things were much more dynamic, the bass hit harder and I wanna say faster as it just was better. Then everything else seemed more transparent and airy, even less recessed on the upper mids. I just would not have thought it would be that much difference since they were so sensitive and don't need a lot of volume to be "loud" on anything.

14. Tonymac136
    I've not tried amping my "non-pro" (amateur?) ZS10 but I have had good results using my Blons and my Tin T2 with my Little Dots. As for my Sennheiser IE60, amped up is the only way they sound anywhere close to as expensive as all of my other IEMs combined. Straight from the phone they go plenty loud enough but they sound worse than my Blons and no better than my Tins or ZS10.

Nimweth likes this.
  15. Coldheart29
    Sooo, i'm at about the 150 hours mark on the ZSTs, and holy cow, i wasn't expecting such a big improvement with burning in.
    The bump in the lower highs as been mostly tamed at this point, so much so that i can listen to them without any EQ "fixing" for long periods getting no fatigue at all, althought i'm keeping a -2db adjustment on the 4khz band just because i like it a bit more that way.
    I think the bass has become a bit more elevated, too, and while that's a good thing, now on some songs the upper bass bleeds a little in the mids (but just on a few traks/albums, so not a big deal).

I keep being more and more satisfied by these iems, and now i'm waiting for a pair of ZSR.
    I fear i've fallen in the chifi rabbit hole, and i'm not sure if i like where it's leading my wallet :deadhorse:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019