1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Mouseman
    Does anyone (like @Slater) have experience taking off the ZS10 Pro face plates? I'm wondering if there's anything involved other than unscrewing them with the right bit. Is there anything glued to it? I broke down and ordered the blue ones, and I want to swap them onto the blue shells. Thanks!

2. BadReligionPunk
    Mine just happened when I tried to take the stock cable off to put it back in the box to sell. The corner of the socket just broke off. Whoops! Still usable although I suspect that It will break for good next cable swap. Cant sell it, so I will just use it. Haha! :p

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  3. LaughMoreDaily
    I just put the BA10 cable on my AS10. I will also try my 6 core copper Yinyoo cable and one or two other KZ cables.

I find the sound of the stock AS10 great but lacking.

PS: Has anyone compared graph measurements of the ZSN Purple and BA10 copper cables?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  4. Slater
    Yes, I have some experience with removing the face plates lol:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3038#post-15045047

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2791#post-14785588

There’s a minor amount of glue, but once you have the screw out you can just pop it off with your fingernail.

Also be aware that the ZS10 Pro only has (1) ‘real’ screw (ie real in that it actually holds on the face plate). The other screws are for cosmetic purposes only, and don’t even need to be removed. The real screw can be identified because it is significantly longer than the others.

As a side note, ZSN has (2) real screws and (1) cosmetic.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily and HungryPanda like this.
  5. Slater
    That really sucks buddy. I’m sure your heart sank when that 2-pin socket chunk broke off. It figures it broke as you were getting ready to sell them lol (Murphy’s Law).

6. BadReligionPunk
    Yea no biggie I have a back up pair, but of course it breaks as Im about to sell em. I guess it was just in the cards for me to keep them.

7. Mouseman
    Thanks, I knew you'd know the scoop. I might try a plastic spudger, I don't want to scratch them.

Those are beautiful mods, by the way. I'll post pictures of the all-blue beauty when I put it together. I'm not sure why they chose the smoked body, but I'll fix that.

8. mbwilson111
    I thought that was odd too. Maybe the blue plate does not exactly match the blue body?

9. Mouseman
    Maybe, but the smoke really looks crappy. I'll see once the carrier pigeon gets here with those and the KZ TWS buds.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. Makahl
    Are the "fake" ones glued? I was thinking of swapping the stock screws for black ones on ZS10 Pro but apparently depending on the screw type it won't work, right?

11. Slater
    No, not glued, just really short. The short screws actually thread into the metal cover.

Makahl likes this.
  12. SweetEars

I just got them HIFI BCD micro-drivers and listening to them for 10 minutes.. THey do seem to have excellent separation and timbre with some decent musicality but the treble seems to be slight hazy and the bass is not as pronounced for now . The soundstage is quite good .. Not sure if they will improve with burn in. But the same songs i have listened to with other IEMS that cost 4x more compare to this $13 BCD seems to come more alive especially vocals and instrument ..Pretty surprised how they can give that chi-FI methods of armature/DD type sound signature with just single drivers. This earbuds are good if u like listening to modern new age music like like movie soundtracks like titanic or anything that is symphonic or orchestral.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    1clearhead and Slater like this.
  13. xxAMAROKxx
    KZ silver/gold cable has surprisingly balanced and clear sound. My favourite for AS10.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  14. SenyorC
    Ok ok, ordered!

1clearhead and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  15. LaughMoreDaily
    Thanks for the rec. I ordered that cable a couple days ago.

I plan on trying all cables with the AS10. Maybe my favourite iem right now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019