1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Mybutthurts
    On AliExpress search.

KZ ZSN Pro Cable Oxygen Free Copper C Style Pink Gold Headphone Original Wire Gold-plated 2 Pin 0.75mm for KZ ZSN/AS12/ZS10 Pro

Would post link but they fail when I post them.

LaughMoreDaily, Dani157 and Naschy like this.
  2. 40lb
    Comparisons
    Part 1: ZS10 Pro vs Hifiman RE600 (click link) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3082#post-15090205

Part 2: ZS10 Pro vs IE800s 20190730_220723.jpg
    Looking at the sub-bass the ZS10 Pro has plenty rumble on the low with the mid-bass giving a nice hit letting you feel it. Comparing the sub-bass of the IE800s, which has a nice smooth and control rumble doesn’t isn’t as forward as the ZS10 Pro, same goes with the mid-bass being impactful when called upon there just isn’t as much of it as the ZS10 Pro. Putting them side by side the ZS10 Pro has more quantity of bass but the IE800s has better bass quality. The IE800s and ZS10 Pro low mids are neutral with the ZS10 Pro seeming just a bit more forward then the IE800s, the upper mids on the IE800s are pulled back by a bit from neutral while the ZS10 Pro is right on it. The IE800s mids are more resolving, smoother, and natural compared to the ZS10 Pros making the mids sound a little forward and leaner. The treble for the ZS10 Pro is nice and crisp, good extension and brighter, causing fatigue for me on a few tracks. The IE800s’s treble is well defined and has a bit of that sparkle, the difference is that the sound is more natural and smoother than the ZS10 Pro. The soundstage on the IE800s is nice and wide however putting them side by side I dare say the ZS10 Pro has a similar soundstage with some songs sounding like the ZS10 Pro may be wider. While the ZS10 Pro separation while good my feel congested on busy tracks however the IE800s handles separation wonderfully with room to spare.

Part 3: ZS10 Pro vs Andromeda (coming soon)
    Part 4: ZS10 Pro vs Solaris (coming soon)

DAP:
    Shanling M5s (2.5mm balanced only)

Tracks:
    Kiss of Death – Mika Nakashima
    Rightfully – Mili
    Compared to What – Roberta Flack
    Fairy Fountain – Mikel and Gamechops
    Earfquake – Tyler, The Creator
    Hard Times - Paramore
    Old Town Road – Lil Nas X
    Brandy – Looking Glass
    Come A Little Bit Closer – Jay & the Americans
    Imagine – Ariana Grande
    Come Away with Me – Norah Jones
    May I Have This Dance (Remix) – Francis and the Lights

3. 1clearhead
    OK, we're following! ...keep up the good work!
    Next:
    Part 3: ZS10 Pro vs Andromeda (coming soon)

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  4. LaughMoreDaily
    Ouch for the C16. You bruised it's ego. The T800's are $300USD and the C16's are $80USD. So, it makes sense, right?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  5. SoundChoice
    Search AE for pink ZSN cable. Three bucks and good quality. ht @Slater

Slater and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  6. xxAMAROKxx
  7. FastAndClean
    In chi fi world that can vary

8. 40lb
    Comparisons
    Part 1: ZS10 Pro vs Hifiman RE600 (click link) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3082#post-15090205
    Part 2: ZS10 Pro vs IE800s (click link) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3084#post-15092162

Part 3: ZS10 Pro vs Andromeda 20190801_000637.jpg
    The Andromeda’s sub-bass is deep and smooth while the mid-bass is fast, punchy and nicely controlled. The ZS10 Pro’s sub-bass feels to have just a touch deeper reach and a noticeably faster decay, moving to the mid-bass it’s not as fast it is just as punchy with more of a slam. The lower mids for the Andromeda compared to the ZS10 Pro seem to be similar with the Andromeda being more detailed and with more body. The Andromeda’s upper-mids are more detailed and forward compared to ZS10 Pro’s more neutral upper mids. Treble is brighter on the Andromeda with a more clear and defined sound with a nice airiness and sparkle to it. Listening to the ZS10 Pro in comparison there is a noticeable step down in the quality but there still is a nice crisp and defined sound with a good extension. The ZS10 Pro soundstage is nice and wide but is noticeably narrower to the Andromeda’s very wide soundstage. Separation on the Andromeda gives it more sense of depth and height compared to the ZS10 Pro, the ZS10 Pro does handle separation nicely, the Andromeda just shines in this area and soundstage.

DAP:
    Shanling M5s (2.5mm balanced only)

Tracks:
    Kiss of Death – Mika Nakashima
    Rightfully – Mili
    Compared to What – Roberta Flack
    Fairy Fountain – Mikel and Gamechops
    Earfquake – Tyler, The Creator
    Hard Times - Paramore
    Old Town Road – Lil Nas X
    Brandy – Looking Glass
    Come A Little Bit Closer – Jay & the Americans
    Imagine – Ariana Grande
    Come Away with Me – Norah Jones
    May I Have This Dance (Remix) – Francis and the Lights

9. eclein
    Are the A16 any good I haven’t seen anything on the latest ones, I have A10, but isn’t there a new 12 driver and the 16 you mentioned, any impressions would help us.

10. xxAMAROKxx
    Haven't A10, but AS12 and 16 are about technical ability, Also someone had to tuned their sound for a time ... compact stage, separation, placement ... With these some easily become a treblehead, they are bright. Both need a good cable and some time to get use to that sound.
    The AS12 has lifted frequencies on both ends and less harshy mids. so It could be that AS16 is better for rock /metal .. music, and the AS12 for genres like Pop/EDM...

HungryPanda, PhonoPhi and eclein like this.
  11. Nimweth
    KZ have the AS12 and AS16, but there is a rumour of two CCA new models one with 6BA per side (C12 or A12), and a 9BA per side (C18 or A18) which replaces the fabled C20. Not sure when they'll be available though.

LaughMoreDaily, xxAMAROKxx and eclein like this.
  12. voicemaster
    Don't forget kz terminator which has 6 drivers too

eclein and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  13. steviewonderbread
    When does the KZ Arnold Schwarzenegger come out?

14. Slater
  15. Slater
    This is very concerning.

I wonder if there’s a correlation between the breakage and using stock vs 3rd party (ie QDC) cables? Perhaps the non-stock cables fit just a little bit differently, and put additional stress on the socket?

Luckily, I’ve had zero problems with all of my Paragraph C IEMs (knock on wood). But if KZ is going to continue to migrate IEMs to Paragraph C, they’re gonna have to figure out why some of the sockets are breaking.

On a positive note, they should be relatively easy to repair. A little patch of baking soda/super glue should fix it right up for the cost of a few pennies. Or, a bit of UV epoxy (but you’d have to make a little mold to slip over the stock plug so the resin wouldn’t run out).