Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 27, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #46,171 of 63,834
Since buying my ZST which was my first foray into CHIFI, I am actually glad I ordered all the KZs that I did. It was a fun journey and I learned a lot. While I sold off most of them now, I ended up keeping the ES4 the EDR1, ED9 and ZSN. You can buy all 4 of these IEMs for about $33. That's amazing to me.

Before that, and like most people, I was at the mercy of the big name brands. Of course they were all $100-$300 each. Pretty difficult pill to swallow buying something like that and not liking it. At the same time that's one reason EQ exist. :)

Anyway here is a graph from a 2012 Audio Technica IEM that cost $230. It was highly praised as a great IEM and Rec'd here. Never heard one person bad talk the thing.

My how much time has changed is the past few years. Thanks to KZ and other Chinese companies, making good sounding stuff affordable for people now.

BTW, I have that IEM. Its comparable to ZS6/ZSA to me. Both of which can be picked up for about $35 now. :)

Fully agree with you. Just about 3 years ago, we would have to pay ~ $200 - 300 USD for a triple driver western brand IEM. I've been buying westone IEMs for the past 10 years and can personally say many of the CHIFI IEMs can now match their sound quality at a fraction of the cost. I've stopped patronizing most of the western brands ever since my first foray into the CHIFI world, which was the KZ ZS6 (even though its treble peak was a bit of a killer to me, I thought the rest of the tuning wasn't bad for the price).
I'm very happy to see KZ and the other CHIFI companies evolving and catching up to their western counterparts since and am thankful these CHIFI companies can give us a small taste of audiophile quality without burning a hole in the wallet.

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #46,172 of 63,834
Jul 27, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #46,175 of 63,834
Well, just in case, if I lose both of my AS10s, I learned to fit BA10 quite comfortably :wink:
Like...how? Did you get some kinda ear surgery to make them bigger??!!

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #46,176 of 63,834
Like...how? Did you get some kinda ear surgery to make them bigger??!!
That would be the ultimate custom fit :indeed )
What I learned in this great forum: XL spiral dots seal well and are not getting inserted as deep for me, so that the shells are not pressing that hard inside.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #46,177 of 63,834
By KZ, it's ED16 and sometimes ZS10 Pro and ZS7.. I've never heard ZS5 or 6.

Cant stand the ed16 sound signature neither, not because of the highs though, but it just sound weird to me, as if wasnt the correct tonality.

Same with the TRN V10.

Shoving ZS10 non-Pros into a human ear is like trying to fit a lumberjack’s foot into a thimble.

Its not even among the worst offenders... The ZS10 fits WAY BETTER than the ZS 5/6/7 and the BA10 hurt just to look at.

And it suck so bad that apparently the ZS7 sounds fantastic.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #46,178 of 63,834
Does anyone knows the ed15 dynamic driver diameter?
Cant find it anywhere.

Asking because I still wondering how the T1 will sound like and I suspect its configuration will be similar to ed15, it look like 6mm-ish.

If it sound anything similar (sure, there is bluetooth added to the mix), will be awesome.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #46,179 of 63,834
That would be the ultimate custom fit :indeed )
What I learned in this great forum: XL spiral dots seal well and are not getting inserted as deep for me, so that the shells are not pressing that hard inside.

Agree 100% that the original ZS10 shell is super huge. But i somehow managed to get a secure fit with spintfits cause this eartip is longer than standard ones. So the shell doesn't touch the ears like @PhonoPhi says. I never found other tips that were suitable for the original ZS10 for myself otherwise.

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #46,180 of 63,834
Agree 100% that the original ZS10 shell is super huge. But i somehow managed to get a secure fit with spintfits cause this eartip is longer than standard ones. So the shell doesn't touch the ears like @PhonoPhi says. I never found other tips that were suitable for the original ZS10 for myself otherwise.

Which spinfits do you recommend for the ZS10?

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #46,182 of 63,834
Well, so far KZ has been releasing the models in the order they appear on their 2018 release photo 'grid':

So I have a feeling your wait for the purple one in the bottom left is going to be over soon!

That purple model is going to be a quad driver, which is different than the ES4 (triple driver). I admit it looks similar, but KZ has been using that 'guitar pick' shape (or one close to it) for numerous 2018 IEMs - ZS10, ES4, AS10, etc.

Was looking for that picture to ask here about the KZ Phoenix (only model there not yet released) and surprise, found it right year from your post from a year ago.

Ps.: Still love the ES4, its as good as the ZSN.

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #46,183 of 63,834
For my experience, they dont fit well with double flanges, as it makes it stick out of the ear... In my experience, the ZS4 doesnt like any special tip

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #46,184 of 63,834
Which spinfits do you recommend for the ZS10?

Hi i personally use the spinfit CP100 model for it. If fits most of the other KZ IEMs too. Comes in three different sizes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back