1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. SilverEars
    Ok, it seems such kind of iem response has a following as I've seen it on other iems like RHA CL2, etc..

cl2.png

2. SilverEars
    I tried swapping cables and measure to see if I will get different response as result of using different cables. Cable #1 is Kanas Pro cable, and #2 is stock KZ cable, and as you can see, no differences in the FR from cable swap.

KZ ZS5 different cables.jpg

LaughMoreDaily, archdawg and PhonoPhi like this.
  3. PhonoPhi
    Yet the most surprising to me that those hearing the cable differences are often those "listening to the curves". :)

On a more constructive note, I am a bit surprised that measurements at different volumes are not commonly made. The spectra normalized per volume/power would demonstrate the difference for those "power hungry" IEMs.

xxAMAROKxx likes this.
  4. SilverEars
    ZS5 seems quite stable when it comes to cable or source change. I measured with 2 sources, and doesn't show any changes.

KZ ZS5 different sources.jpg

Then I measured MH755, I noticed slight differences from 2 difference sources, and I measured again to verify, and it's certain there were slight differences in response. But, this was approx only 1dB of difference.

MH755 Source differences.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    steviewonderbread and PhonoPhi like this.
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    I can't find my ED16 cable... So I stuck the ZSA cable in it. I'm not sure if they make each cable for each iem but the ED16 isn't that great. It sounds good but not as amazing as the ES4 that came out at the same time.

I have a 8 core brown NiceHCK cable (thanks for the rec) on my ZSA and it gives it a natural and musical life while the stock cable was slightly harsh and fatiguing after a while. I have a feeling fatigue will be minimal with the NiceHCK cable on the ZSA.

The old KZ tuning is obvious on iems like the ZSA and some might like the classic tuning that is like watching a band live compared to their newer iem tuning which may seem artificial on some newer models.

While listening to the ZSA with the 8 core NiceHCK cable I ask myself, "Are $150+ iems even worth it?" The ZSA isn't perfect as it doesn't sound smooth like the Moondrop Crescent but it still sounds unique and pleasant and worthy of a purchase.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    rayliam80 and PhonoPhi like this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    Have you tried the ZSA with the NiceHCK 8 core brown copper cable or you using the stock cable?

7. courierdriver
    I'm surprised because I didn't find the Newbee foams subtracted anything from the sub bass on either the KPE or ZS10 PRO. Compared to Comply's, I found the bass on the Newbee's to retain it's quick, impactful tightness on both sets, without sacrificing any mids or treble detail. With the Comply foams, bass became less detailed and more muddy. The mids and highs are also less detailed on the Comply. They improved a bit, after I modded them by cutting out the center "wax guard" foam screen, but they still don't sound as good as good as the Newbee foams. Ah, well...everyone's ears are different. Lol!

SoundChoice likes this.
  8. courierdriver
    Yeah, I bought 2 sets of the Newbee 6 packs of 3 sizes foam/3 sizes silicon. I'm honestly not a big fan of any of the silicones I've tried, on ANY of my iems. I don't like how they fit (they always slip out of my ears too easily, are uncomfortable for long listening sessions, don't seal well and weaken the bass impact). I tend to like the fit and comfort of foams better and like the isolation and bass response, but their drawbacks are that they don't keep the details in the mids and highs. The Newbee foams keep the mids and highs intact, while still providing better bass response and noise isolation...imho. Much cheaper to buy also, compared to foams like Comply. I've tried the silicones on my KPE and ZS10 PRO, and still prefer the foams. Only silicones I've like so far, is the large size Spinfits CP145, with the TFZ No.3. Even with that combo though, I still constantly have to keep pushing them hard into my ears. The foams never slip out on any of my sets.

9. pbui44
    I finally found the Newbee silicones to work on the Sony MH755s fantastically, giving them a real seal on such a tiny housing. Yeah, I thought the MH755s were going back to Sony’s roots...but it’s really like they are having to play catch-up to threatening budget Chi-Fi companies, like KZ. :wink:

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. igorneumann
    Bluetooth adapter.

11. xxAMAROKxx
    Hi, KZ fans,

This is my private ladder of KZ IEMs I’ve ever had or actually have. To listen to music I like the sound that is compact and smooth, can be neutral or brighter. I'm not looking for extra wide frequency range and also I’m very sensitive to peaks at heights.

1 .KZ AS10
    good: balanced and smooth bad: -

2. KZ ZS10 (new rev.)
    good: musicality bad: -

3. KZ AS16
    good: resolution bad: harshy peaks on loud

4. KZ ZS10 Pro
    good: technical ability bad: not balanced heights

5. KZ ZS7
    good: bass bad: odd sound on certain genres

6. KZ ZS3
    good: balanced bad: sibilance

7. KZ ZS3e
    good: some details bad: too much bass

8. KZ ED16
    good: bass bad: spike at heights

12. LaughMoreDaily
    I have a brand new boxed SENFER DT6 to trade for something. Brand new silicone stock tips: 1L/1M/1S. Look at my profile to see what I already have.

Maybe trade me the cheapest BQEYZ iem?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  13. Mybutthurts
    The thing about New Bee tips are buying 6 pairs and only probably using one pair.

I've taken to ploughing through AliE listings and buying some cheap and cheerful tips from their stores, as they sometimes supply just the size you need.
    Got a few packs from ALWUP stores that are great for me, although bore is a little smaller than starlines & new bees.
    Will have to look for foam tips next time I buy from AliExpress... maybe a Blue plate ZS10 Pro...
    Or would KZ supply just a blue plate and I'll change the silver plate on my existing blue ZS10 Pro so blue all over...

LaughMoreDaily and courierdriver like this.
  14. Mlaihk
    Try the AET07 with the ZS10pro. They work great for me.....

15. xxAMAROKxx
    I’v been listening the AS12 for 2 hours or so, and…
    … they are very similar to AS16. What I notice during that short time...
    • more bass :)
    • differently tuned treble. More pronounced sibilance range :triportsad:
    • little less harshy on high volume :)
    • same flat soundstage :triportsad:

Still have to try silver and silver/gold cable.

EDIT: Hmm, after a longer time with silver/gold KZ cable on the as12, I must admit that their sound is coherent. And detailed. -- quality masters are required-- but still you have to get used to their bright sound anyway. Brighter treble than as16,

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    rayliam80, LaughMoreDaily and Viber like this.