1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. billbishere
    I do like that blue. The chrome is a finger print magnet

2. mbwilson111
    I am being tempted by that blue. I already have the nice shiny silver plate on my purple ZSN.

courierdriver and HungryPanda like this.
  3. Makahl
    Is there any IRL pic of the ZS10 Pro royal blue? I'm curious about the finishing.

4. moisespr123
    I have the Hidizs MS4. It sounds warm and awesome.

Going back to the ZS10 Pro, the sound sounds artifical, especially those peaks in the highs. MS4 has a more warmer bass and mids response, with clear vocals.

With the ZS10 Pro, I always felt there is something missing in the middles. Vocals sounded more in the highs than in the mids.

As for the ZS7, that one is warmer too, but lacks the clearness response of the highs. The ZS7 focuses more on bass and sub-bass overall.

Hidizs MS4 outperforms both for me.

I do, however, want to see how the new KZ "terminator" will sound.

5. mbwilson111
    This is the type of comment that makes me not want it.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  6. Slater
    I don’t feel that way at all. I think the mids are just right (for my preference anyways).

Mary, don’t be afraid to give the ZS10 a try. I know you’ll love it based on the other gear you like.

7. voicemaster
    I owned 3 1964 universal iems ($500+) and zs10pro blows them out completely.

8. voicemaster
    I think zs10pro has that thin mid that doesn't sound thick ala shure's mid. For me personally, that thick mid doesn't sound natural at all.

9. Slater
    The thick mids are more W shape tuning, which I don’t like. It just doesn’t sound good to my ears. But I know some people like that tuning, or maybe it depends on the genre.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. moisespr123
    Maybe that's why. The MS4 are described as being W-shaped. It sounds fuller-sounding to me.

LaughMoreDaily and Slater like this.
  11. voicemaster
    If you listen to a lot of Diana Krall, it sounds pretty good, but I just not prefer overly thick mid.

12. voicemaster
    Different people hear different things and has different preference is completely normal.

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  13. Slater
    Yup, maybe due to ear canal harmonics. But when I listen to a W shape earphone, it feels like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The KZ ED4 was like that. I could only take the sound for 2 minutes before saying nope! But there’s other HeadFiers that really like the ED4.

DocHoliday likes this.
  14. igorneumann
    Reading so much good things about the ZSA lately, took mine and the ZS6 from the drawer for a 2nd spin... Still not convinced about the ZSA, but the ZS6 amazed me all over again, no other KZ has similar open and airy sound.

And the memory foam tips helped a lot with the bad ergonomics, I hope they repeat the formula with a better shell.

But I read something about the bqeyz kb100 and took a look at the other models they have and love the BQ3.

Does anyone know if its any good?
    Are they consistent in doing good models or is it a hit and miss?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    rayliam80 and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  15. mbwilson111
    I have wondered about that. Once I have the right tips it seems like most things sound good to excellent to me. Same with buds. Not as much with headphones although with those some seem to interact more with the bones in my skull. Certain headphones just make my skull feel like it will explode... and others are fine. I think our anatomy has more to do with it that most people realize.

So even if you tell someone to try a certain tip on an iem, or to put donut foams on top of regular foams with a certain bud, or to change to certain pads on a headphone.... you can't make them hear it the way you do. I think our journey is more individual than that.