Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 14, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #45,751 of 63,671
I am listening to the purple copper cable ZSN today and the sound is enjoyable to listen to compared to the lack luster black ZSN.

The black ZSN must be tuned different? I can't see how a new cable can change the sound that much... or maybe it can.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #45,752 of 63,671
I have a simple question. A while ago I bought the ZST. For the life of me, I can not get them to set in my ears properly. I don't know if the nozzle is shorter on these than others from KZ, or what. It doesn't look like it looking at them. But I've tried several different tips, none of them seal up right in my ears. I guess my question is, is it me? Or is it a known problem?

Jul 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #45,753 of 63,671
I have a simple question. A while ago I bought the ZST. For the life of me, I can not get them to set in my ears properly. I don't know if the nozzle is shorter on these than others from KZ, or what. It doesn't look like it looking at them. But I've tried several different tips, none of them seal up right in my ears. I guess my question is, is it me? Or is it a known problem?

I would first verify that you are wearing them properly. I know that sounds dumb, but not everyone knows how to wear ergo-shaped IEMs. Especially to those who are new to the world of audio (not that you are new, I’m just talking in general).

NO:
82F11AEA-CC93-4C5F-B2A1-F4AE28C769AA.jpeg CDC4D5E2-4E34-44C3-986E-2275454AB3BB.png 46C98F3F-437E-469C-9F62-30370477E7AA.png

YES:
69D174DD-2826-4149-8247-DB57C9E8A5F3.jpeg 88C1E9D2-B9A8-4AF9-ACB4-2F7BB8EA224F.jpeg

If it still doesn’t fit, you should try different ear tips. Start with 1 size smaller ear tips, as using tips too large will cause fit problems. You can also try a different style of ear tip - specifically something longer IMO, such as double flange, triple flange, or SpinFits.

If it still doesn’t fit, perhaps you have small ears, or just ears that are oddly shaped and the ZST just won’t work for you. In that case, maybe try ‘bullet’ or ‘piston’ shaped earphones.

9682E6E2-2B4F-4EBD-B742-E2B7A52C8418.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #45,754 of 63,671
I would first verify that you are wearing them properly. I know that sounds dumb, but not everyone knows how to wear ergo-shaped IEMs. Especially to those who are new to the world of audio (not that you are new, I’m just talking in general).

NO:

YES:

If it still doesn’t fit, you should try different ear tips. Start with 1 size smaller ear tips, as using tips too large will cause fit problems. You can also try a different style of ear tip - specifically something longer IMO, such as double flange, triple flange, or SpinFits.

If it still doesn’t fit, perhaps you have small ears, or just ears that are oddly shaped and the ZST just won’t work for you. In that case, maybe try ‘bullet’ or ‘piston’ shaped earphones.

Well, I ask because I have the CCA-C10 & ZSN Pro and don't have the same issues with those. There's just something going on that is keeping me from getting the set in my ears right. Even when they are in "right". Like I said, it makes me question if the nozzle is long enough. I will admit to being in my 50s and not really liking the whole "draping the wire over my ear" thing that most modern iems have. I much prefer the more simple dangling wires out of my ear approach.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #45,755 of 63,671
Well, I ask because I have the CCA-C10 & ZSN Pro and don't have the same issues with those. There's just something going on that is keeping me from getting the set in my ears right. Even when they are in "right". Like I said, it makes me question if the nozzle is long enough. I will admit to being in my 50s and not really liking the whole "draping the wire over my ear" thing that most modern iems have. I much prefer the more simple dangling wires out of my ear approach.

I see. Well, the ZS10 Pro has a metal nozzle that is longer than the ZST one. So that’s probably what the issue is. I would recommend a longer tip, like KZ Starlines or SpinFits.

I know what you mean about the over the ear wire earphones. They are more stable and have less/no microphonics, but it does get old after a while. That’s why I enjoy the simplicity and sound signature of something like the KZ EDR1, ED9, Sony MH755, etc. Those are all worn ‘down’ (although they can also be worn ‘up’).

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #45,756 of 63,671
I see. Well, the ZS10 Pro has a metal nozzle that is longer than the ZST one. So that’s probably what the issue is. I would recommend a longer tip, like KZ Starlines or SpinFits.

I know what you mean about the over the ear wire earphones. They are more stable and have less/no microphonics, but it does get old after a while. That’s why I enjoy the simplicity and sound signature of something like the KZ EDR1, ED9, Sony MH755, etc. Those are all worn ‘down’ (although they can also be worn ‘up’).
I may have to look into some of those you mentioned then. And I'll look into those tips too. I just kind of looked at it as a live & learn moment, seeing as they were around $15. But I figured I'd ask here before totally giving up. Thanks for the advice.

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #45,757 of 63,671
For shorter nozzle IEM's I have found that one size up in tips seems to fix the sealing issue but that does not always mean they stay put. Most of the time I use the medium size, but something like my BQEYZ KC2 require the large. My last resort is foam tips, but some people don't like those.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #45,759 of 63,671
I find with short nozzles I use large shallow soft silicone tips that just sit on the entrance of my ear canal with the weight of the earphones holding them in place

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #45,760 of 63,671
Just got my ZS10 Pro's and those things are like having a woofer attached to your ear lol

Also im so happy that my B pin silver cable works with the ZS10 Pro's . I think that the connector does not go as deep as the stock one but it still sounds correctly and more important,no angled jack that i can't stand,no ugly dark copper color and no wires that look like spaghettis

May try the bluetooth adapter next

Jul 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #45,761 of 63,671
Can anyone using the hidizs sonata dac confirm if kz stock cable's pause/next song - button works with it or not?

I recall reading somewhere that the button doesnt work with sonata, but cant find that post anymore. Its a dealbreaker for me if the button doesnt work, so i would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm this.

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #45,763 of 63,671
Anyone have the ZS10 Pro and the Tin Audio T3 and care to compare sound sigs? TIA
Bass is much stronger on the zs10pro but T3 has more natural bass and does have bass on songs that have it. I prefer ZS10pro

Mids: vocals both female and male are more natural on T3, but the Zs10pro is not bad in comparison. I prefer T3

Highs: highs are much more brighter and clearer on the T3, a little bit boosted on T3. Zs10pro does not have as much treble but it sounds less natural. I prefer T3

Soundstage: T3 is a bit bigger to me, but it is not really that much of a difference. I prefer T3

Instrument separation: T3 sounds less "chaotic", Zs10pro is not bad but T3 is better. I prefer T3

Overall The T3 is a more brighter and natural sounding and the most detailed, good for editing and stuff. I prefer the Zs10Pro because it fits much better and comfortable and I like the extra bass. The Zs10pro has a balanced sound with a little bit of V-shape as topping

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #45,764 of 63,671
Hey folks, hope this is the right place to ask for a suggestion.

I'm thinking of getting one or two KZ iems, but for the life of me i can't wrap my head around how many models there are out there. So, i'm looking for something that while not laking sparkle, doesn't end up being fatiguing or harsh (maybe the correct way os saying it would be bright but not overly so?), and a nice bass response would be appreciated too. The ZSN and ZSE are what catched my eye at first, but i read in a couple places that the former can end up being sibilant and harsh sounding, while the latter don't have much in the way of bass presence. But other reviews claimed almost the opposite. Then there's the ZST and/or the ZST pro. As far as i understand, the pro has less bass enphasys, is that correct?

So, what should i do, go for one of these or chose another model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back