1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. LaughMoreDaily
  2. Nimweth
    Yes, that's how I remember the ED3 Acme too, it was a well-balanced sound, as you say, the ED9 has a little more life in the mids.

DocHoliday and loomisjohnson like this.
  3. KopaneDePooj
    +1

4. tnelmo

I emailed them with a simple question, and haven't heard anything from them. Have they ever replied to a post on this forum?

5. B9Scrambler
    They showed up a few years ago (when G.K. was still a part of the equation) and sent a few regular contributers a gift of a Bluetooth headset. Haven't heard from them since.

DocHoliday likes this.
  6. Slater
    Wow, very cool!

G.K.?

7. B9Scrambler
    If I recall correctly, KZ and G.K. merged in the early days and KZ remained the active brand. You'll see G.K. printed on a lot of early KZs.

Ex. ED3 plug vs. ED3c plug

IMAG0176.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Rhino73, gourab1995, Slater and 2 others like this.
  8. Slater
    I always wondered what that GK was on old plugs. I didn't know GK was affiliated with KZ. I had always just assumed it was just the company that made the plugs (like you have plugs from Oyaide and whatnot).

Wow, you learn something new every day! Thanks for the history lesson, sir :)

LaughMoreDaily and B9Scrambler like this.
  9. courierdriver
    Yeah, I really love the sound sig of my ZS10 PRO. I've got a balanced JCally 8 core cable on it, and it really brings the low, deep bass out, and fleshed out the mid bass a bit more. It sounds awesome to me, and I'm constantly impressed by it every time I listen to a new track on them. If I want more bass, or mids or treble, it responds well to EQ with my Hiby Music app on my phone, connected to my Fiio Q1MK2 via USB out. With this kind of SQ it's hard to justify spending considerably more on a dap. Thing is, this combo DOES take away from the phone's functionality. But, damn...the sound is soooo killer! I soooo badly want the Fiio M11, but I love the EQ options on the Hiby app. Not sure if the EQ on the Fiio works as well.

Zune and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  10. BadReligionPunk
    M11 is a beast. So fast and fluid. Sounds great. Was a very big upgrade in sound compared to my Cayin N5, which was a large upgrade over iPod 5.5. The M11 is android and thus you can download and use the hiby app on the Fiio M11. :thumbsup:

I am on cloud nine with this thing.
    IMG_20190614_211926.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  11. Slater
    Wow that really says a lot. The N5 is no slouch.

12. BadReligionPunk
    Right. I love my N5, but wow! Fiio isn't playing. Was saving up for the Hiby R6 Pro but then all the reviews of m11 from the Chinese release started pouring in, all positive and I started thinking hmm...$450 is less then $800. The straw that broke the camels back was @Hawaiibadboy review comparing it to much more expensive daps while showcasing how fast and responsive the UI was. Am not disappointed at all.

Now I have extra monies to buy stuff. Now what do I buy?

The buzz on the TFZ no3 is intriguing.
    I need KB1 and KB100 in my life.

hmm...

13. courierdriver
    I love you...but you're not helping me save money! Damn!

14. courierdriver
    I really wanna pull the plug, and get the TFZ No.3. It's an intriguing option to the KPE, but I wanna get a dap more. Next month, I hope...I'll get the M11. Then, I might spring for the earphones on 11/11.

15. DynamicEars
    definitely both! :D