1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. DocHoliday
    Unless I am mistaken, founders Keith (K) and Zen (Z) are long gone by now. No telling which path KZ Acoustics will take moving forward but this thread is probably the best place to make any requests known. As far as the West is concerned this thread is probably the main feedback loop for future endeavors.

2. BadReligionPunk
    START A FRIGGEN FAN CLUB KZ! T-shirts and everything. Maybe develop a nice MMORPG based on the IEM industry, so that all of us fans can fellowship with each other. Also, your going to need that car that looks like a ZS7 ASAP. Don't even think of doing anything else first. Without the car all is for nought!
    Then start paying celebrities to pimp your gear. Hone in on those dudes with face tats and multicolored hair. Your also going to need to partner with some crappy company and come out with a product line of body wash and shampoos. Oh! And then jack all your prices up to $200-$300. File an IPO and start trading on NASDAQ.

Or you could just start with some nice single dynamic IEMS with removable cables and price them competitively. :thumbsup:

Rhino73, rayliam80, no1seem2 and 9 others like this.
  3. gourab1995
    Even though the stock KZ cable on zs7 has a very high resistance, I find it good to maintain the bass from being overwhelming. I've bought an 8 core cable from jcally. Also have the flat silver only and silver copper cable. Only the flat silver kz is still acceptable. To me the stock cable is the best for maintaining its sound, especially to preserve mids. Utility and aesthetics not taken into account. And I don't find the stock cable falling off at all for me. I use it indoors mostly though.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    HungryPanda and archdawg like this.
  4. loomisjohnson
    i still have the ed3c (acme) and the ed10 (haven't heard the perfection). the ed3 acme sounds a lot like and has alot of the same virtues as the ed9, including a very natural presentation and really exceptional layering and instrument placement; my only nit is the midrange is a little underbaked compared to the ed9. the ed10 (which i think scrambler turned me onto) is a very different beast than kz's typical tuning--it's a bright forward w-shape with a lot of bass thwak and very good overall clarity--it doesn't have a big stage and can get a little congested, but is still a credible piece that sounds better (and is better built) than most mid-priced western-branded fare. as for the t3, i haven't heard it, tho i have the t2, which i respect but don't cherish, purely as a matter of sound preference.

Nimweth and DocHoliday like this.
  5. tzincbg
    I would be somewhat happy even with the stock cable with mic but I can't find it for sale, either.

6. Slater
    Boy bands - that’s where the money is at. Like NKOTB or Backstreet Boys. KZ could do posters in Teen Beat magazine, with photos of cool KZ IEMs that we tear out and hang on our walls.

7. gourab1995
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/eaTcBlq

How about this. Type A with mic. Very cheap as well. A warning this has the metal memory ear guide. I don't mind it.

If the link doesn't work just search for kz zs6 cable. Should be there in the results.

8. BadReligionPunk
    KZ would be wise to score MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL licensing to stamp team logos directly on the shell. Upcharge 100% for some dope NYY IEMS. Maybe get into the Legal Marijuana craze and develop a nice hybrid.

Don't forget Energy drinks KZ.

KZ if your lurking here I will gladly accept a high level position and bring my expertise on what it takes to succeed in the west directly to you.

9. mbwilson111

...or we could just hang all the iems on the walls.

no1seem2, Slater and HungryPanda like this.
  10. gourab1995
    Hang all the dead kz iems and make a zombie themed iem showcase where the dead single dynamic driver iems come back to life and eat out the drivers of the multi BA ones.

KZ announce their latest single driver. Bam!

Market as: precision zombo-acoustic technology. Diaphragm made from pure zombie cells. Produce BA crunchy highs, put multi driver iems to graveyard. Dead mids are alive. Sleeping lows will eat out of your brain!

11. courierdriver
    Yeah, this is a really good set. Really comfortable to use for 2 or more hours. I really like mine alot too.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  12. courierdriver
    Hahahahahahaha!!!! That's too funny! So, it sounds like you want boy bands, who are now in their 30's or 40's to represent modern American music??? Ya, those bands were great in their time, but if we want KZ to improve, we should really reach a little older. Michael Jackson, Prince, Duran Duran, Tears For Fears...for Pop music. I'd dig a bit deeper in 70's rock and Southern Rock...like Skynyrd, Allman brothers, Kiss, Zeppelin, Bad Company, Black Sabbath, etc. Only then, could KZ figure our what their western audiences like.

13. pbui44
    Plz keep calm and keep KZ cheap af. :floatsmile:

14. LaughMoreDaily
    That's sad... where did the founders go? :frowning2:At what point in KZ's life did they leave? Who controls KZ now?

15. LaughMoreDaily
    Geezus orgasms, Batman. But does this new ZS10 Pro kick some ass on BQYEZ or TFZ?