1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. PhonoPhi
    Will sure do! :)
    I hope, if I find time, to compare A10 & X6, as well as C16, AS10 & BA10 all-BAs IEMs.

I have seen some of X6 reviews, while ordering but then there are different opinions and tastes...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Slater
    I used to worry about it. But after years and years I've never had a problem with 0.78mm cables on 0.75mm IEMs (or vice versa).

Rhino73, hakuzen, rayliam80 and 4 others like this.
  3. Slater
    I don't hear a sound difference, but my ears are by no means perfect.

It is thicker wire (more conductive), so from that point of view it's a 'better' cable. And it definitely feels more substantial in your hand.

I would say if you like the looks of it, go for it. It's not even $3.

4. Slater
    There's really no 1 single best choice for B style IEMs. There's good cables that will fit B IEMs at numerous price points. So your budget will really dictate the 'best' budget cable.

Also, be aware that there's cables designed for recessed and non-recessed 2-pin sockets. That's something a lot of people aren't even aware of, yet it's very important.

See how the ends are different on these cables? They're both 2-pin cables, right?

recessed vs non recessed pins.jpg

Both types will technically 'fit' the pins of the IEMs, but one will stick up and the other will fit flush. It all depends on if your IEM has a recessed socket or not. Some IEMs need recessed, and others don't. Some cables only come as recessed, and others don't. If you get a non-recessed cable and you have a recessed IEM, the cable won't be secure and may fall out. That's why it's difficult/impossible to just blanket recommend a 'one-size-fits-all best cable'. There's many factors involved.

If you buy a non-recessed cable, but your IEM is recessed, you can mod the cable by filing the end down to get it to fit (as seen here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...uck-cable-thread.891911/page-89#post-14938207). But it's infinitely easier to just buy the correct type of cable in the 1st place.

Rhino73, no1seem2, ShakyJake and 6 others like this.
  5. GSTtaggedLDHProtein
    Tripowin TP10 sounds very similar to the KZ AS16 IMO, with a bit more bass and a slight treble peak. At $70, it's a lot more worth it IMO.

darmanastartes likes this.
  6. raccoon city
    Speaking of "my" KZ ES4...
    It was delivered today!
    It has the right amount of bass for me.
    It has more bass and sounds way better than my KZ ATE-S.
    It has more bass and sounds better than my iLuv IEP322, the IEM that used to be my favorite.
    (By the way, the IEP322 is very hard to come by now, and its build quality is not-so-great.)
    In other words, the ES4 is my new favorite IEM, and that's with the stock cable!

7. raccoon city
    Also, I forgot to mention...
    The ES4's wire is supposed to wrap around the top of your ear, but I just put the eartip in my ear and don't wrap the wire.
    It's simpler, and it works for me.

8. raccoon city
    Okay, well the copper one is dirt cheap, made my KZ, and looks attractive, so I'll start with that one since I've already ordered it. [​IMG]

Slater likes this.
  9. bhazard
    Got the KZ AptX-HD cable today. Working great and sounds excellent. Well worth the ~$20.

On a side note, I'm surprised my Galaxy S10 no longer supports (or never supported) Apt-HD, only Aptx. I'm pretty sure the S9+ did.
    My Xiaomi Mi 9 has it too. Samsung is really dropping the ball lately.

10. Slater
    Maybe it depends on which exact Qualcomm chip they used? Or perhaps you have to enable something in developer options (or some other setting in the phone)?

So you’re saying KZ finally made a good Bluetooth cable? If so, that’s really good news.

11. moisespr123
    I have the S9+. It's just plain AptX...

Also, I'm finding the voice prompts kind of loud... But the audio quality itself is great.

12. Veyska
    Which storefront did you get it from? I contacted the KZ store asking if/when they were planning to restock since I didn't want to risk getting a bum audio version and their response was they don't have any in stock now. >-> (That's why I contacted them in the first place...)

13. bhazard
    Yep. I had the original and this one is much better. Actual AptX-HD. I haven't seen many others that do Aptx-HD on the market.

LuckLZ Audio Store

Rhino73 and Slater like this.
  14. courierdriver
    Thanks! I've got them in my cart on Ali. I've already got a balanced TRN cable that has never been used that would fit them nicely. Thanks, again. These might be the set I use exclusively for Reggae and metal.

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  15. courierdriver
    I've got the JCally in 2.5 hooked to my ZS10 Pro and it sounds great. It was easy to install. I'm not too worried about the .75/ .78 thing anymore. I don't think there's enough of a difference to make the cables not function correctly. At least from my recent experience.

Light - Man and mbwilson111 like this.