Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 6, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #45,001 of 63,834
Same here hope the a10 turns out to be a more balanced as10. :ksc75smile: and there are less sssnakes in the treble region
AS10 vs TP10.jpg
It's not more "balanced," it's just significantly less bass-heavy.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #45,002 of 63,834
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #45,005 of 63,834
All this cable talk made me drool a bit. And I think I deserve something nice ...

Maybe I am blind or my search-fu is failing, but I can’t find a 2.5mm balanced cable for c type KZ (zs10 pro / as16).

The ones I find look pretty and all, but I fear this connector will look really ugly with the sticky-out part of the above mentioned IEMs

870EA07D-E1D0-4F8E-BB2F-C43F644A1889.jpeg

Any leads?

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #45,006 of 63,834
is there a better option up to 20$?

Not really. It’s fairly slim pickins for Para C cables right now.

Besides, it’s not like you’re going to hear some massive sound upgrade between a $12 vs $20 budget cable on a $40 budget KZ.

Just get the one that appeals to you visually and enjoy the music.

I personally like the 8-wire black JC Ally cable I posted originally. It’s thick but not too thick, fairly flexible, fits securely, has a functional chin slider, and is good quality for the price.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #45,007 of 63,834
Jun 6, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #45,009 of 63,834
All this cable talk made me drool a bit. And I think I deserve something nice ...

Maybe I am blind or my search-fu is failing, but I can’t find a 2.5mm balanced cable for c type KZ (zs10 pro / as16).

The ones I find look pretty and all, but I fear this connector will look really ugly with the sticky-out part of the above mentioned IEMs

Any leads?

JC Ally can customize the plug with balanced (2.5, 3.5, or 4.4). You just have to ask them when you place the order for the ZSN style cable.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #45,010 of 63,834
For Para C, yes you won’t get any better for under $3.
I ordered Version B for my KZ ES4.
@Slater, what would have been the best budget choice for Version B?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #45,011 of 63,834
Im finding a huge soundstage with punchy bass and also not piercing highs.

Which one should i get zs10pro, cca c16, kz as16?

I don’t have those 3 you listed, but ZS7 fits what you are looking for :)

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #45,012 of 63,834
Wait a minute zs7 shrill? Definitely not shrill. maybe funky tonality but definitely not shrill. If you just got them it may be the case. Even mine were. Almost felt like returning them. They will need a long time to smoothen out. I gave my zs7 about two weeks of play time to accept them. 1 month in, 0 sibilance, still a bit peaky, but tolerable. Also you want to maintain a healthy amount of distance between the nozzle and your ears. ...

Like I've mentioned before: piercing shrill when I got them, no matter what track, source, tips or cable - just like my new ZSA.
Anyway, right now I'm about halfway through my usual, initial 100 hours of burn-in. Just some minutes ago I went through some of my trusty test tracks (been using about half of the latest set for about 25 years) and some of those piercing peaks have definitely settled down a bit, no doubt. In the same time some HF phase issues have settled a bit as well; the spatial dimensions especially of higher pitched instruments or those with dominant HF peaks (brass, strings, cymbals, ...) get rendered more precisely now. Since the rest of the spectrum sounds pretty sweet to my ears I can't wait to hear what the next xy hours of burn-in bring.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #45,013 of 63,834
The stock ZS10 Pro cable isn’t that bad.

But if you’re looking for other cable options for the ZS10 Pro, the copper cable from the purple ZSN is a steal at $3. And for an upgrade option, the 8-wire braided cable from JC Ally is great too. Both are specific to the Para C end, so they’ll only work on ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, etc.

If the stock cable in the ZS10 Pro is pretty good, would you say the pink ZSN cable is a SQ upgrade over the stock or just for the looks?

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #45,014 of 63,834
Congrats on getting those concert tickets! I'm sure it will be a blast. Thanks for chiming in with your suggestions. I have also played with the EQ settings on the Hiby app on my phone, and have obtained really good results on the ZS10 PRO and my KanasPro. I'd say I enjoy the KZ more with Reggae than the Moondrop though, as there's a bit more overall warmth with that sound signature. The KanasPro has great low end sub bass but even with EQ there's just not enough mid bass warmth to satisfy me. Usually I'm in love with the KPE for most everything I listen to, but on Reggae it's just not as satisfying. That's not to say it's not good, just that i prefer a bit more of that warm thumpy stuff that Reggae is known for. Is the KZ ES4 an iem or a bud? I don't do earbuds cause I don't like how they just hang out the ears. I need something with a good fit that I can wear over ear to help them stay in my ears

Its an IEM.
IMG_20190112_125317.jpg

Also a really hood all rounder that does very well with reggae as well as just about everything imaginable, is the CCA C10. About $24 now. It kind of fits right in the middle of all categories. Smooth but not too smooth. Has bass but not too much bass. Mids are really where it shines and there is enough upper mids and treble energy to allow for enjoyable(too me) listening of metal and punk.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #45,015 of 63,834

JC Ally can customize the plug with balanced (2.5, 3.5, or 4.4). You just have to ask them when you place the order for. the ZSN style cable.

Thanks guys! That was very prompt help. It appears those 2 are the exact same cable. (One offer had free shipping :wink: )

I am just still a bit worried about shoving a .78 into .75 holes .. repeatedly. :wink: I like to switch around cables / bt thingies ... but at least for now I have options in my cart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back