Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 4, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #44,926 of 63,834
Jun 4, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #44,927 of 63,834
if I want to buy spare cables for KZ headphones, is it better to get type B or Type C? my KZs: ZS3, ZST, ZS5, ZS7, and an incoming ZS10 Pro

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KZ-0-75mm-...hash=item3b317f425f:m:mk55G5Q3e7cAYUhwtvf9c5g

and the above cable is an upgrade over stock KZ cable right?

TIA

Well, 3 of your 5 are Para A (ZS3, ZS5, ZS7).

Then you have 1 Para B (ZST) and 1 Para C (ZS10 Pro).

So if you want to buy spare cables, it seems to make the most sense to buy A.

A will fit A, B, and C (but will stick up on C).
B will fit B and C (but will stick up on C).
C will fit C only.

You could also get any of the KZ cables with the knurled silver aluminum plugs (with the red/blue rings), and trim off the plastic. Then it would fit A, B, and C (but will stick up on C).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #44,928 of 63,834
I got this wild theory about KZ - CCA actually and why they sounds different, and they're out with new models and PRO lines :

Imagine if KZ were built by like say 3 people founders.. along with time, 1 founder (call it Mr A) would make KZ sounds more balanced to target audiophile. But the other 2 didn't agree with the idea as their signature sounds worked quite well.
then, Mr. A sadly split with other 2 Mr. B and Mr. C and build up the CCA company to make more balance "KZ" product, but he couldn't use KZ name, so instead He went with CCA. Of course he know well all the supplier and every process things.

So Mr. A was quite successful with CCA brand, with his C04,C10 and C16

Looking at Mr.A's CCA success, Mr. B and Mr. C just realize that actually balance signature were well accepted too in the market, so Mr. B and C also want to make something balance now, KZ released the PRO lines, starting with ZSN Pro, then ZS10 pro and AS16 to go head to head with CCA C16.
Mr. A want to try something better, Trying to lead the innovation with A10.

All stories above are fiction, its not real news, just my stupid wild theory

Interesting theory about the origins of the CCA company. If we can get @KopiOkaya back out from hiding we might get closer to the real story. Somehow, he/she went into hiding/silence.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #44,929 of 63,834
Interesting theory about the origins of the CCA company. If we can get @KopiOkaya back out from hiding we might get closer to the real story. Somehow, he/she went into hiding/silence.

In the TRN thread.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #44,931 of 63,834
Comments like this make me a bit sad, realizing that people are pre-emptively curtailing any conversation that might be deemed by someone else (other message board members, admins etc.) to be "disruptive" or "upsetting". I mean how civil a society are we that people feel afraid of trying to have a civil conversation about something like the science of sound? Or how pessimistic are people that they feel that it's somehow hopeless to try? I wish people felt differently.

If I started bringing up pseudoscience and how these things have absolutely no scientific backing, someone is going to lose their mind, flip their lid, start swearing and insulting each other, people will leave, people will be talked to by mods. It doesn't work and has been suggested many times in the past that these sort of discussions be taken to appropriate sound science forums. Every time I try to bring something up about sound science, I am told to take it there which is why I now suggest people take those conversations there.

The original poster made a claim that burn in definitely happens. This comment belongs in a sound science sub-forum for further discussion, not KZ's thread.

So yes, based on past interactions, all of that should be in a sound science forum, and the interaction in that way should absolutely be stifled in this KZ thread. Suggesting that we're stifing conversation and being pessimistic when suggesting it just be moved to the appropriate sub-forums that are also public and open to participation is dishonest at best.

Nobody is stifling on-topic KZ conversation.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #44,932 of 63,834
Is there a KZ product with a narrow nozzle, which would call for a T100 tip?

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #44,934 of 63,834
Thanks @Slater, I found a post saying it was larger than Tin Audio T2. Another post said Tin Audio T2 used T200 tips (4mm). Someone else said they thought the HDS3 was a standard 4.5mm tip. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it further.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #44,936 of 63,834
The ED7's nozzle is very narrow but maybe is too short for foams.
IMG_20190530_210134.jpg

Not too short. T200.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #44,937 of 63,834
Well, 3 of your 5 are Para A (ZS3, ZS5, ZS7).

Then you have 1 Para B (ZST) and 1 Para C (ZS10 Pro).

So if you want to buy spare cables, it seems to make the most sense to buy A.

A will fit A, B, and C (but will stick up on C).
B will fit B and C (but will stick up on C).
C will fit C only.

You could also get any of the KZ cables with the knurled silver aluminum plugs (with the red/blue rings), and trim off the plastic. Then it would fit A, B, and C (but will stick up on C).

what I am doing right now is, I put the stock ZS7 cable on my ZST, and then use the NiceHCK 8core on my ZS7 and ZS5V1.

I am trying to think ahead and see what I should do when the ZS10 Pro arrives... maybe nicehck 8cores on ZS7 and ZS10Pro, and stock ZS7 cable to ZS5V1. but my stock ZST cable has mic... and according to @hakuzen the cables with mic is no good, GG >_<

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #44,938 of 63,834
what I am doing right now is, I put the stock ZS7 cable on my ZST, and then use the NiceHCK 8core on my ZS7 and ZS5V1.

I am trying to think ahead and see what I should do when the ZS10 Pro arrives... maybe nicehck 8cores on ZS7 and ZS10Pro, and stock ZS7 cable to ZS5V1. but my stock ZST cable has mic... and according to @hakuzen the cables with mic is no good, GG >_<

The stock ZS10 Pro cable isn’t that bad.

But if you’re looking for other cable options for the ZS10 Pro, the copper cable from the purple ZSN is a steal at $3. And for an upgrade option, the 8-wire braided cable from JC Ally is great too. Both are specific to the Para C end, so they’ll only work on ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #44,939 of 63,834
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, just that these sound science discussions turn into flame wars often and keeping that potential flaming out of threads like this is awesome.
Please, could you enlighten me as to what "sound science" means, or what you are referring to? I'm not much into measurements...I like gear that sounds like real, live music. I don't care how gear goes about achieving that, I only care that it gives me the sense of being at a live performance. The ways and means that hifi gear goes about achieving that is immaterial to me.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #44,940 of 63,834
Please, could you enlighten me as to what "sound science" means, or what you are referring to? I'm not much into measurements...I like gear that sounds like real, live music. I don't care how gear goes about achieving that, I only care that it gives me the sense of being at a live performance. The ways and means that hifi gear goes about achieving that is immaterial to me.

It’s a dedicated forum on HeadFi:

https://www.head-fi.org/forums/sound-science.133/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back