1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Dani157
  2. mikp
    The KZ HD Bluetooth Module looks interesting, but based on my experience I would not buy the first version without customer feedback.
    On the third try I got a proper working kz apt-x module.

Slater likes this.
  3. Dani157
    Obviously. Patience is the name of the game here.

4. LaughMoreDaily
    I read someone say here that the ZS10 Pro and ZS10 aren't much different?

From the recent comments it sounds like they are wrong?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    courierdriver likes this.
  5. zazaboy
    @VICosPhi how good is the kz zs10 pro instrument seperation and soundstage and are they easy to drive from smartphone compared to kanas pro?

@B9Scrambler do you think its a safe bet to get kz zs10 pro if for use multiple genre with bad mastered tracks for minimal treble issues if you compare to other kz iems and cca iems?

6. B9Scrambler
    Nope. I'd personally want something warmer and less revealing for that. ZSN Pro. CCA C10. TRN V30. etc.

7. KimChee
    They are similar in size the pro10 is a little bit less chunky...nozzle length is pretty similar...they use the same .75 pin connector if that’s what I think you’re asking. There’s a plethora of upgrade cables on the cheap thread, I like the cable 130, but it cost more than the 7 or 10 pro lol

8. mbwilson111
    That upgrade cable with the C type connection has choices for the type of plug you want...not just balanced.

I really like the connector.

9. KimChee
    Just another side note, the cable that came out when the ZS6 came out greatly improves space, clarity and layering on the KZ ZS7. Has little effect on pro10

EDCB32DD-437F-4B99-8DD2-76CF284F4B2E.jpeg

LaughMoreDaily and archdawg like this.
  10. neo_styles
    I'll have to keep that in mind. Have probably used that cable for a grand total of a few days. Really do like how tangle-resistant it is and I'm suprised it hasn't greened over yet.

11. archdawg
    Vaporized

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  12. KimChee
    I’m going to go as far as to say the cable put the ZS7 on par with Pro10 as far as technical abilities with the more aggressive sound and deeper bass. I’m pretty sure I bought that cable for $11 shipped back when the ZS6 came out, and knock on wood it hasn’t deep sixed and turned green yet. I rarely use it I keep my spare Z6 at my desk for an emergency and figured I’d try it on the ZS7...

13. KimChee
  14. courierdriver
    I think I'm just gonna splurge a bit then and get the ZS10 PRO with the balanced cable that @mbwilson recd. I like that 10 pro is less chunky and might fit me better. If it doesn't work out for me and the fit is poor, I can always sell them and get something else. Thanks for all your input...its helped me come to a decision so I will pull the plug tomorrow and order them from Aliexpress.

15. courierdriver
    Yeah, I know; but I'm specifically looking for a 2.5mm balanced plug so I can run the iems from the balanced output on my portable dac amp. Thanks for the rec on that cable too, btw. I found the seller on Aliexpress and it's in my cart waiting to be bought tomorrow when I get paid. I'm also happy to see that this cable has a chin slider, which I find useful for retaining a secure fit.

mbwilson111 likes this.