1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. TechnoidFR
    After try few 100$ iems, the difference is perceptible. Rammstein is very awesome to listen with c16. Clearly perfect for this group. They are less fatiguing, less agressive, more mature sound.

1clearhead likes this.
  2. KimChee
    This. Really wish they would change to .78 pins and recessed sockets. There are a lot of cables on Ali, that cable 130 looks good...is only about $50-60.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    courierdriver likes this.
  3. courierdriver
    I agree. Last month I bought ISN C16 balanced cable for less than $60 CDN from Ali anniversary sale for Kanas Pro. I also got a balanced cable from Ebay (because I had a 10% discount coupon that was expiring at the end of the month and wanted to take advantage of). Its a cheaper TRN cable and only cost me $15, but it looks and feels nice and am planning on using it with whatever I decide to get next, possibly ZS10 PRO. But damn KZ and their multiple types of sockets and the 0 75mm pin size. KZ is known for having notoriously poor quality cables, so that's the first thing I'd be looking to swap out.

4. nraymond
    Cable options are the downside right now I think. I'm also confused why one of the few ZSN-specific aftermarket balanced cables out there is listed as a 0.78mm cable, when KZ uses 0.75mm? This is the one I'm talking about:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-S...Earphone-Headset-2-5mm-3-5mm/32965501955.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-S...Earphone-Headset-2-5mm-3-5mm/32965649117.html

5. mbwilson111
    The one I am using with my ZSN is from the first link... no problem at all.

I have the balanced plug.

[​IMG]

6. ShakyJake
    Off course you did! :smile:

Slater likes this.
  7. Slater
    They are working on a C20. Supposed to be released any day now...

8. archdawg
    Same here, lol. I've got relatively small ears and their size is the only thing that more than once kept me from pulling the trigger.

9. antdroid
    Just got the KZ ZS10 Pro in for review from Linsoul. It’s actually not a bad sounding IEM! I found the ZSN Pro too bright, but this one is just slightly less bright from initial hearing impressions. The treble sounded slightly grainy, but not bad for this price. Then measured it afterward and seems to go with my hearing.

Here’s my quick and dirty measurements with ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro

ZSN Pro vs ZS10 Pro.jpg

10. BadReligionPunk
    I consider myself to have medium sized ears, and have worn the KC2 for over 16 hours the past 2 days, with minimal irritation. They are big enough that I can always feel that they are there. They usually do not start to get hurty for 2-3 hours for me, but after a quick pullout and reposistion they are fine again for awhile.

They are definitely meaty though.

DocHoliday, Slater and archdawg like this.
  11. KimChee
    Sorry if the ZS7 is old news, but I have about 100+ hrs on it now and I could have easily just stayed with this one. It is a really fun sounding iem with good clarity. It doesn’t play nice with my AK380, but it sounds incredible with the Lotoo and AP80. I put the not quite burned in ZS10 Pro in for a bit, and I can tell an increase in clarity over ZS7, very similar sound signature but I think separation might be better and spatial cues are improved. Might be my imagination, but I think I’m getting some front to back separation too...I’ll run it in a few more days and compare it to my ciems too

12. BadReligionPunk
    @KimChee Anyway to compare the PRO10 with the ZS10? Do you still have that one to compare?

13. archdawg
    Thanks! I'm already having issues with some not-too-big IEMs and will burn my €€€ somewhere else now ... what about a third pair of ZS6 (green ones), lol.
    Those KC2 look great though, sigh ...

14. KimChee
    Sorry I don’t own the ZS10 anymore

15. 1clearhead
    Moving from one city to another is a real bummer. :cold_sweat: ...gonna give it a month's break until I'm settled in!

groucho69 and purplesun like this.