1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. spencerberus
    Thanks for the review. I just got a set of these but can't seem to get them to pair with each other either. Any chance you can share the instructions?

EDIT: I finally found the instructions you already posted. It doesn't look like I can delete my post, so best I think I can do is add a link to the post with instructions: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2571#post-14622693

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    richario and maxxevv like this.
  2. khighly
    Wow, hopefully it has a resonant antenna this time. The ZSN one I got sounds fine and lasts plenty long, but it skips if I put it in my back pocket. My ass is not made of lead either. I'll probably buy that soon with the ZS10 Pro.

Also, looks like someone saw my suggestion (probably not) to stop making the cable so long and make it more like the Mee Audio AptX cable.

Actually saying they have a proper ceramic antenna this time is promising.

[​IMG]

3. khighly
    Also wow, did some huge sales tax law just go into place? 10% on AliExpress!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  4. Slater
    The later revision of the previous Bluetooth cables had a ceramic antenna too, and had connection problems.

So even with ceramic antennas they still have to optimize the engineering of everything else. For example, to make sure there’s adequate shielding from EMI, to keep the antenna away from components that would degrade its signal, etc.

Let’s hope KZ can pull it off with this one :)

5. KimChee
    I’m burning in the KZ ZS7 only about 50 hrs on it and going to do another 50-100...the dynamic driver so far has good sub bass rumble, nice texture, deep extension. The highs are detailed, bright have good air, extension seems a bit rolled off. The timbre is the treble sounds better than the ZS6 the treble on the 6 can sound slightly artificial at times.

The soundstage is wide and spacious, I used tips that were too big and it changed the soundstage greatly. I’m also getting more soundstage depth, greater then the ZS6. Resolution and imaging is better than with my ZS6, mids are a little clearer though it’s because no mid bass bleed. There is a slight upper mid emphasis. Soundstage is more spacious than ZS6 to my ears. Maybe this will change once I get a few more hours on it. I played this through my AK380 and Lotoo Paw Gold...it is a clear upgrade to the ZS6.

I also have the ZS10 Pro coming tomorrow so can’t wait to start burning it in.

Edit: I used smaller tips and got deeper insertion which completely changed the soundstage.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. Veyska
    Part of me's tempted to buy the new cable, but the other part of me's going "You need to actually give those TRN BT20s another chance, see if you manage to ease the compression because even just a bit would probably be good enough (even though being able to take one out of the ear and not need to hold onto it would be nice), and also if you buy any new CCA/KZ models they'll probably have the C-style ends not B so really it would make more sense to get that instead because even if the C10 is better the ZSN's still pretty dang good"... >->

7. moisespr123
    The TRN BT20 are the adapters I'm currently using, and they have a good sound. I don't have any aptX HD adapters yet, altough I have the Hiby W5 coming as soon as they start shipping it, but that's just a BT to 3.5mm adapter. Also, the price of this cable is nice. It doesn't mention a use of a discrete DAC, so probably I'm guessing the cable will have noise floor problems.

I just tested the original KZ ZS7 cable and they still attach to my ZS7 even when I have the TRN BT20 0.78mm version. May just order this adapter since it will take weeks to come.

EDIT: Ordered the B version :)

8. Slater
    So far none of the CCAs I’ve seen use the C end. At this point it’s just ZSN, ZSN Pro, and ZS10 Pro. And from marketing info posted by KZ, it will also be the AS16.

9. Veyska
    I could be mistaken but from the pictures it looks like the CA4 uses the new C-style end.

PhonoPhi likes this.
  10. PhonoPhi
  11. Slater
    Ah, good eye. I missed that.

Thanks for correcting me!

12. TheVortex
    HTB1YrbLSFzqK1RjSZFoq6zfcXXar.jpg

Looks like a new CCA in the C16 / AS10 body but with Type "C" connectors. Supposed to be out early May and supposed to be above the C16 but it only says 5 BA so no idea lol.

13. Wiljen
    ZSN pro review is up on my blog :) this one was a good bit of work with the compare to ZSN.

KZ-ZSN-Pro-triplets.JPG

toddy0191, ShakyJake, Slater and 2 others like this.
  14. KimChee
    What’s the iem with the black shell?

15. Veyska
    Super short walk using the BT20s and I'm cautiously optimistic that ever-so-slightly stretching the ear loops out is working. Need to find something else to prop them open with though, eventually I'm going to want to use this unopened roll of tape... Still decidedly snug but not pinchy, and it's occurred to me some degree of snug is actually a good thing because it seems to stop the Spinfit tips from getting all tickly when I walk. <-< Need to do a longer walk though because they didn't always feel pinchy before either, but alas I suspect I won't have a good excuse to experiment with the new cable and then use that as an excuse for... *cough* Probably for the best, I'm quite satisfied with the IEMs I've got and most of my listening time is on headphones anyhow and while I am happy to have found out that IEMs don't not-work for me like earbuds I still very much prefer headphones for comfort/sound anyhow.

(Maybe if the newest cable's awesome and I catch it on sale or something?)