1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. mbwilson111
    Neither my husband @HungryPanda nor myself find our ZS10s bad. In fact I ordered mine after hearing his.

2. mbwilson111
    You don't hear yourself chewing?

3. Slater
    You could always get a CIEM. That’s my plan.

Superluc likes this.
  4. Slater
    I had the chance recently to get a pair for $24. I was very close to ordering it, but I resisted the temptation like a good boy :wink:

5. randomnin
    I do, but the motion doesn't completely shut the ear tips, so I still hear the sound rather well (especially unproblematic if I'm listening to voice not music). My problem before ZS4+multi flange was that multi flange tips in combination with other IEMs either hurt my ear canals or that I suffered the indignity of them just falling out while chewing.

6. KimChee
    Back in the day, I got my TF10 universal reshelled to a custom and haven’t looked back since...whenever I do anything active the comfort is amazing and it stays in place well if you get a good mold done...

ShakyJake and Slater like this.
  7. courierdriver
    Yeah, I'm the same. Over the past several months, I've looked at pics of iems here on headfi, and on online stores. I have discounted many (perhaps wrongfully, because I didn't have an actual physical specimen to try out in my ears) based on perceived size and also the shape. I have small ears and I worry that some of these big, thick shelled models won't fit or will fall out, no matter what kinds of tips I use. Also, I have deep canals so I like a good long nozzle with an angle. Hate the thought of spending good money on something, waiting for delivery, only to find that its uncomfortable, falls out of my ears and then have to go thru the trouble and expense to send it back.

Superluc likes this.
  8. carltonh
    I should probably not type while drinking more than thinking. 300 counts duplicates of the same version given or gifted to my kids and friends, and so shouldn't have used that number.I know I've bought at least 40 KZs, but only 15-20 unique ones. I still have about 150 unique IEMs and headphones, from the last decade of collecting. I've just ordered the ZS10 Pro and should have it on Friday. :D

ShakyJake and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  9. phower
    There are several studies on the audibility of THD. We seem to tolerate THD upto 10% in the sub-bass region. For midrange & treble, THD starts getting annoying at 1% level. Again, this is program dependant.

What concerns me is that THD decreases as volume level goes up. Some drivers behave like that while for the vast majority of drivers, THD is proportional to volume level. So for the ZSN, THD might be even higher at lower volume levels like 70 or 80 dB SPL.

I guess KZ doesn't bother with measurements. Like chinese takeout, mix & match DD, BA drivers, and sell it. There are enough suckers to buy it.

10. pbui44
    Yup, we still keep buying it!
    6AD136ED-DC4F-4AF2-952C-4675443CD22D.jpeg

HungryPanda and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  11. LaughMoreDaily
    I was listening to the purple ZSN today and I can't believe people were going gah-gah over it in the past. It's not that good. Or maybe it needs a certain DAC/DAP to sound good.

Ps: Early adopter syndrome is a failure.

12. LaughMoreDaily
    Audio Suckers = They're called HeadFiers.

13. LaughMoreDaily
    The only thing not improved with the ZS10 vs ZS10 Pro is the price. My ZS10 were $22.

I will keep burning them in to see if they get better but they just sound weird.

14. LaughMoreDaily
    Then you can compare it to the Kanas Pro. :wink:

courierdriver likes this.
  15. archdawg
    I guess they're not alone

More often than not good enough is just that - good enough for most suckers, including myself. I can still enjoy a humble but decent chinese meal without missing anything else ... same with earphones and some other stuff.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019