1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. mbwilson111
    Thank you for that. I was starting to feel bad about having two original ZSNs (one with a balanced cable). I don't think I have ever wished for more treble in anything. I want to continue to enjoy what I have...which is too many actually.

Yes, I enjoy my ZS3E (black) very much. It has more bass than many of my others but it does not seem overdone. It does not give me a headache. It is also very clear. I like it enough to have put that spare balanced cable on it:) No idea if it changes the sound but at least I can use it with my balanced sources.

HungryPanda and antdroid like this.
  2. Nimweth
    ZS7 + Spiral Dots M + 8 core silver cable + this piece of music = Bliss!

3. Wiljen
    I've been listening to the Zsn Pro for my review and ran across Edgar Winter's Frankenstein and am really impressed with the 3 dimensional nature of the stage on these. They are a bit deceptive as until you hit something that really utilizes the available stage they seem a bit more 2 dimensional and smaller. Now I'm going to have to break out my soundstage tests and really see how good they are.

4. Gallamoth
    Thanks, lady!

I'm thinking about this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...32833176861.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OCMnoq

Which one of the SpinFit that you have?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. mbwilson111
    Yes, that cable will fit. Mine has that angled connector but the size is the same... I think that combination of angle and size might be unique to the ZSA but that listing says it fits the ZSA.

I wish I knew what Spinfit that one is. We found it in the tip stash and think it may have been and unused one from my husbands Duno. Ones that I have bought and used on other iems are white not grey.. I think C100.

Gallamoth likes this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    I'm sorry to burst your bubbles but the KZ ED16 is "better" than the CCA C10. Better meaning... MORE FUN = Repeat Listens.

nicksson likes this.
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    Why buy? What about the AS16? :wink:

8. LaughMoreDaily
    I doubt it'll sound good. The ZS10 is a blow out. Even the ATR sounds better than it. I even bought the ZS10 after everyone was saying how bad it was. :frowning2: It's true. It's bad.

Nimweth and Slater like this.
  9. Mybutthurts
    My ZS10 is fine. a little bassy, vocals are not as forward as I like but it's a fine for me. Better with a different cable and with a amp (fiio A3).
    Still doesn't beat my AS10 which I love, and to my ears better than CCA C10, which excel on some tracks but thin on others.
    Had a zsn for a while. But sold to a mate who was blown away with it. but, it that was good too... wished I'd kept it. But you can only use one set of 'phones at a time.

Proof everyone has different ears and tastes I think.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  10. purplesun
    I quite like the sounds of both KZ's recent ba-only products; they cover my music listening range quite nicely. The pros (if it does happen) might just take it a step further. If they do make the pros, for around $40-$50, it would certainly tick most of my check boxes. But I'll probably skip AS16, and go for CCA C20. That's in keeping with my headfier's false sense of economy! :)

11. loomisjohnson
    coincidentally, i pulled out the ed16 yesterday to walk the hounds and was reminded how good they are--less ambitious than the more expensive hybrids but also more coherent

12. mbwilson111
    I remember you saying that you did not like the ED16. You keep changing your mind about so many models. One day you love them. Another day you don't. I am thinking that your music and/or your mood play a part as well as other factors.

Not sure there are any Better or Worse with most of these. Just different... and we all have different tastes.

PhonoPhi, rokushoo, archdawg and 2 others like this.
  13. Mybutthurts
    B*gger it...

I've only gone and ordered the ZS10 Pro.

It only cost me £31.15 with a KZ store coupon on Ali

Well it looks like I'll eat again properly sometime at the end of May.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  14. akiller
    I was just about to pull the trigger on the ZS7 then spotted the ZS10 Pros and got intrigued. I'm guessing no one's got hold of one yet as I can't find any reviews anywhere.

Are the KZ's always "on offer" on AliExpress? E.g., if I wait a week or two until reviews come out (I'm looking at you, @Mybutthurts :wink:) will they be back on offer again?

15. mbwilson111
    Eating is overrated. Can't do it with IEMs in the ears.

Can drink tea though..putting the kettle on...