1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. darmanastartes
    1clearhead and DynamicEars like this.
  2. voicemaster
    Just got ZSN pro on the mail today and I can hear the improvement over the regular ZSN. It sounds more open/airy than the OG. Vocal is a little bit more forward and the major different is the high. I say the high is pretty similar to C10's. It is amazing how KZ can tune their "old" IEM to make it even better. Make the mid bass a little bit tighter then you get a more forward vocal as a result. Less roll of the high then you got a more open presentation. Those little/subtle things add up to make it better sounding than the OG imho.

3. nxnje
    No war, i'm not that kind of guy when i write on this forum :D

Wait. Obviously, i'm speaking after less usage than my ZS7, ZS6 and others.
    It is just that is very smooth sounding compared to the ZSN Pro and the tuning of the ZSN Pro makes them more dynamic so it gets my attention in a different way.
    I will use the C10 more.

PhonoPhi and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  4. groucho69
    I don't know how many times I've said this.

mbwilson111, Slater, hakuzen and 3 others like this.
  5. randomnin
    Yes, we all take great pride in making good points.

PhonoPhi, hakuzen, groucho69 and 2 others like this.
  6. jibberish
    Nice, eventually curiosity caught up with me and I ordered one too Mostly because that shell is such a perfect fit for me with the ZS4, plus I really am enjoying the sound on the other single DD KZ model I have (ED9). Also the stock cable looks nicer than the one that came with ZS4, although you seem to have brought out the heavy artillery on that front.

My ZS3E should arrive tomorrow :)

Slater likes this.
  7. mbwilson111
    The stock cable is fine but I had bought that other cable (NiceHCK} for one of my more expensive buds but then it did not look as good with it as I thought it would ( used a black one instead.) I love how this one looks with the black earpieces of the ZS3E. It cost twice as much as the IEM.. lol.

jibberish likes this.
  8. Gallamoth
    Hello fellas!

Any recommendation for better cable and eartips for the ED16?
    The stock ones make me really uncomfortable, the cable looks like would break easily and the eartips gets dirt pretty easy and slide off easily from my ear.

9. mbwilson111
    I have SpinFit tips on mine. Nothing else felt comfortable for me. I did not like the feel of the stock cable. I am using a copper color braided cable that came with a different KZ.

The link should take you to a post I made about it a few months ago. It includes pictures.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2542#post-14602478

10. LaughMoreDaily
    This isn't a CCA thread but even with the KZ silver/copper mix cable the C10 are more lively but still a tad boring.

loomisjohnson likes this.
  11. HungryPanda
    A tad boring......... Made for audiophiles

12. HungryPanda

groucho69 likes this.
  13. LaughMoreDaily
    Compared to the ZS7/AS10.

14. 1clearhead
    +1 Agree, agree, agree! :beerchug:

Slater likes this.
  15. Slater
    I also agree. As much as I like the original ZSN, the ZSN Pro is better.

I am disappointed that KZ released the Pro so soon after the non-Pro. It has nothing to do with it being “Professional” or anything like that. It just tells me that they should really have spent a little extra time on the tuning of the original ZSN and released it when it was ready.

In other words, there was no need for the non-Pro and Pro. They should have just tuned the ZSN to perfection in the 1st place. We should have gotten 1 ZSN; the one with the tuning of the Pro.

On a related note, anyone looking for the nice copper cable that was only available with the purple ZSN...it’s available by itself on Aliexpress for the ridiculous price of $3. A steal for what it is.

Since KZ is releasing other IEMs using the ‘Para C’ plug (ie the ZSN plug), I ordered a few of the copper cables.

hakuzen, rokushoo, 1clearhead and 7 others like this.