1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. kramercosmo
    Oh sorry. It is ATR.

2. Slater
    Luckily the ATx models are really easy to pop open and work on. The glue they used to hold the shells together is very weak.

Just don’t use superglue when putting the shells back together and you’ll be fine. Use a very minimal amount of 2-part epoxy applied with a toothpick.

3. neo_styles
    Next round of NiceHCK balanced cables came in yesterday, so thought I'd spare my iSine10 the risk of getting drenched by stereotypical Seattle weather and haul out the ZS7 instead, this time paired with the 16-core SPC balanced cable. Turns out that, aesthetically, they're a perfect match for each other. Really like that the 2-pin connector sits flush with the trim edge of the ZS7's shell. Really looks like they were made to go together.

IMG_20190419_111248__01.jpg
    IMG_20190419_111305.jpg
    IMG_20190419_111327.jpg

Comfort is on par with the standard copper 16-core cable I have from them. While the cable looks like it should be a hefty weight, it's perfectly manageable. Cable length is long enough to be able to store a plugged-in DAP in my back pocket, but not so long that it's catching on anything as I'm walking by. Really do like the length here.

In terms of what it does to the ZS7's sound, I can't say I'm raving about it yet, but I have been listening to a lot of premium stuff lately and need to work on not letting bias come into play here. If anything, I think it brings some of that top-end back that was present on the ZS6, again tones down the elevated bass to a more natural level without losing a ton of impact, but it never gets so spacious that I trick myself into thinking I've got the ZS6 back in again. Still much the same character as the ZS7 with the stock cable and wide-bore tips (which I'm still convinced they pretty much require), but with a little more refinement. It gets my seal of approval.

4. kramercosmo
    Thank you, i will open it and check:) what if i want to change the connector? do you know if it's hard to change the connector to MMCX?

5. Slater
    You would want to check with @CoiL, as he’s done the mmcx jack swap on an ATE. It will be the exact same process for the ATR as they are the same shell.

6. LaughMoreDaily
    You heard it on Headfi first. C10 is better than Kanas Pro!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    It is a bronze color.

8. Leo-rume
    Sorry about that. I've just edited the post to include the web links too.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  9. nxnje
    Hey wait wait wait wait.
    What is this about?

10. mbwilson111
    Just that someone liked the C10 enough to not feel the need to buy the Kanas.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  11. nxnje
    And this is ok.
    But how does he say the Kanas Pro is better than the C10?
    What does the C10 do bettee compared with Kanas Pro?
    I'm curious just because i love my C10 but i definitely think they're quite boring.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    Don't worry about it... he was just making a remark... more like a joke.

DynamicEars likes this.
  13. DynamicEars
    @LaughMoreDaily Oh no you've just started a war! :grimacing:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. mbwilson111
    Maybe you need to discover some new music!

Tonight I listened to a couple of my favorite albums with these... I was not bored. I have only had them a couple of days. Does not take much money to make me happy:)

[​IMG]