1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Looking good friend! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

That cable looks nice with the ZST ‘colorful’ version (that’s the same color version I have). Glad to see KZ is starting to ditch the memory wire in favor of a pre-formed ear guide.

The ZST is the KZ hybrid that started it all :wink:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. Jeb94
    the reason i go zst is because i like how the shell look tbh (would be a lie if i say its from reviews on the internet)

coming in and buying it didn't really expect much tbh. but hey it sounded good so no regrets.

who know maybe my next purchase is gonna be KZ again or it will be other brand.

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  3. BadReligionPunk
    Was emailed a coupon code for them. Completely random.
    ZST carbon was my first foray into KZ. I still have it and while it doesn't get listened too very much it was very comfortable and I like/d very much.

Slater and ShakyJake like this.
  4. Jeb94
    my next prolly gonna be CCA C10, i like how the FR looked compared to C16. either c10 or i get the ZS10 Pro (when will it be released?)

either that or the moondrop crescent

then prolly the kanas pro

5. Slater
    I enjoy my ZST.

The foam mod is still holding strong, and I have it paired with the KZ Bluetooth cable. Although it doesn’t get as much head time nowadays, as I use total wireless earphones for working out.

9A382449-2497-4678-8974-51D869987C8D.jpeg

6. mbwilson111
    I still need that mod for my ZST. I wonder if I can find a modder to help me...

There was a time I would have done it myself but fingers have lost dexterity. Time is cruel.

Slater likes this.
  7. jeromeaparis
    I have a lot of recent KZ earphones as ED16, ES4, ZSN, AS10 etc and my ZST colorf still has a great sound, it has its proper character, layering & instrument separation is one of the very best. Trebles, agressive at the begining get just right after about 150 hours...!
    I would agree with you only for such ATE & ATR, that delivered only a tiny portion of the thrill. But some are in love with them for ever !

HungryPanda likes this.
  8. Jeb94
    well ZS7 doesn't sound that good in my ear tbh.

C10 im planning to try it C16 from looking at the FR its more V shaped than the ZST so thats a no.

ZST Pro do have a new batch, it comes with different tuning and new cable.

[​IMG]

this is the old one frequency response

this one is the new graph: https://telegra.ph/KZ-ZST-Pro-impressions-and-FR-03-31

its not my review so i put up links here but the graph looks like this:

[​IMG]

9. Slater
    Keep in mind that unless both of those measurements were taken on the exact same equipment, using the same tips, at the same insertion depth, that they cannot be reliably compared. It’s very possible that the graphs are indeed the same and there have been no tuning changes.

10. Jeb94
    yup thats true, but IIRC the guy havethe old ZST Pro batch. im not sure myself, but atleast it sounded good in my ears so its good for me.

btw do you know when the ZS10 Pro is out?

Slater likes this.
  11. Slater
    Not sure.

I imagine it will be pretty soon, as they’re taking pre-orders on it right now.

In the past, KZ has started shipping stuff a few weeks after the pre-order period. People in China always get it 1st, with the rest of the world following a few weeks after that.

12. nraymond
    The link someone posted to the "KZ Official Store" page says this:

"Attention : this is pre-sale ! when you orders, we will send out within 2 weeks, and please extend more shipping time for us, thanks for your understanding !
    Limited activity : We will send an upgrade cable as gift to you , if your orders within April 11.12.13 ,only limited 3 days!"​

13. Jeb94
    ah damn it, i hate ordering from aliexpress it took way too long to arrive :frowning2:

14. Slater
  15. mbwilson111
    Everything I have ordered from aliexpress has arrived between 6 days and 6 weeks. 2-3 weeks being most common.

courierdriver and HungryPanda like this.