Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 30, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #40,157 of 63,834
Goddam you made me laugh out on the train
when-a-coworker-said-i-heard-you-make-the-best-gifs-on-reddit-are-you-preggit-170748.gif

*When i dont get it*

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #40,158 of 63,834
All I have to say @SybilLance , FR measurements done by different measuring gear, compensation, calibration etc. can look littlebit different and few dB difference can make pretty "huge" difference in sub-bass, depending on source gear and music. If You look at my provided "otto-graph" it looks quite a bit different.
And like I already told, it is my subjective opinion about ZSN sub-bass not objective/collective/statistic like Yours which I`m ok with too.
You don`t like my opinion, ok, fine, after all it is just my opinion in big big internet, which doesn`t count anyway :)
But if it makes You happy - Yes YOU are right and I`m wrong.
I really don`t care :wink:

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #40,159 of 63,834
All I have to say @SybilLance , FR measurements done by different measuring gear, compensation, calibration etc. can look littlebit different and few dB difference can make pretty "huge" difference in sub-bass, depending on source gear and music. If You look at my provided "otto-graph" it looks quite a bit different.
And like I already told, it is my subjective opinion about ZSN sub-bass not objective/collective/statistic like Yours which I`m ok with too.
You don`t like my opinion, ok, fine, after all it is just my opinion in big big internet, which doesn`t count anyway :)
But if it makes You happy - Yes YOU are right and I`m wrong.
I really don`t care :wink:
Ha ha ha! You're the one who brought up FR graphs in the first place, and I was the one who kept repeating what I posted are subjective impressions. :grinning:

It's just that I do love a healthy discussion every once in a while, and not one to shrink from a friendly challenge. As I've also repeated, I'm your average but curious lay person with no pretensions to knowing, much less understanding, all the things being talked about here. If I'm proven right, I'm glad. If I'm proven wrong, I'll accept it, although I'll be sad for some time. I'm mostly impersonal on things, as that's the nature of my profession. Well, unless provoked. :wink:

Anyway, where you truly err is thinking I don't like your opinion. I value your opinion and I respect it. In fact from this running discussion I have learned so many things heretofore unknown to me. It was unfortunate that I misconstrued your earlier response and read too much from it. For that I am genuinely sorry.

Meantime, I'm quite happy back to listening to music with the new green ZS6, although it also baffles me because of its distinctly different character compared to the red one. I'm trying to put my finger on where exactly does it differ. Well, at least until the AS06 arrives.
:kissing_heart: :smile_phones:

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #40,161 of 63,834
Happy to join the team..

got another empty spot?

Cant wait for some ZS7 impressions.. they're legit though as mikesoke posted his earlier thoughts about zs7 sound quality and a pic too..
Seems promising..:)

still not up on their official channels too, starting to look like another ZSR/ED16 situation. Not that it matters much, I think both are still sold freely? One difference is that still only 2 stores offers the ZS7 (which means no stocks here :disappointed_relieved:)

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #40,162 of 63,834
Ha ha ha! You're the one who brought up FR graphs in the first place, and I was the one who kept repeating what I posted are subjective impressions. :grinning:

It's just that I do love a healthy discussion every once in a while, and not one to shrink from a friendly challenge. As I've also repeated, I'm your average but curious lay person with no pretensions to knowing, much less understanding, all the things being talked about here. If I'm proven right, I'm glad. If I'm proven wrong, I'll accept it, although I'll be sad for some time. I'm mostly impersonal on things, as that's the nature of my profession. Well, unless provoked. :wink:

Anyway, where you truly err is thinking I don't like your opinion. I value your opinion and I respect it. In fact from this running discussion I have learned so many things heretofore unknown to me. It was unfortunate that I misconstrued your earlier response and read too much from it. For that I am genuinely sorry.

Meantime, I'm quite happy back to listening to music with the new green ZS6, although it also baffles me because of its distinctly different character compared to the red one. I'm trying to put my finger on where exactly does it differ. Well, at least until the AS06 arrives.
:kissing_heart: :smile_phones:
New Green ZS6 and it is different compared to red.....hhhhmmmmmmm
can you please explain how.
hmmmmmmmm

well according to @Slater there was no v2 in ZS6 lineup, just the nozzle facelift(The nozzle was able to hold tip better) on grey model

can you explain how it is different:grin::thumbsup:

*When i dont get it*
He was on train, and he laughed....thats all
lol

Happy to join the team..

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

@mbwilson111 Well KZ actually listened to your request and released purple KZ ZSN

You are the boss

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #40,166 of 63,834
Hello everyone. I just bought a 6 core copper plated **** cable from amazon. The problem is that there is no indication as to which is left and which is right. Just colours. One is red and the other one is white. I put my right earphone to the red and the left to the white, but I have no idea if that is correct and I am no expert so I don't know if I can tell the difference. Does anyone know which is which?

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #40,167 of 63,834
Hello everyone. I just bought a 6 core copper plated **** cable from amazon. The problem is that there is no indication as to which is left and which is right. Just colours. One is red and the other one is white. I put my right earphone to the red and the left to the white, but I have no idea if that is correct and I am no expert so I don't know if I can tell the difference. Does anyone know which is which?

Red usually does mean right. It is good to have a song to use for testing right and left whenever you get a new iem or cable. If you have a favorite song that has a certain sound that appears on one side, use that. Otherwise there are online sound checks.

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #40,168 of 63,834
Red usually does mean right. It is good to have a song to use for testing right and left whenever you get a new iem or cable. If you have a favorite song that has a certain sound that appears on one side, use that. Otherwise there are online sound checks.

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php
I figured it out accidentally. I went to my Samsung equalizer and wanted to create a new sound profile to see if there is a difference with the new cable. And it started making noices and changing the eq for left and right. I had them correctly, the red one was right. :)

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #40,170 of 63,834
I figured it out accidentally. I went to my Samsung equalizer and wanted to create a new sound profile to see if there is a difference with the new cable. And it started making noices and changing the eq for left and right. I had them correctly, the red one was right. :)

Did you test the phase as well?

I always test the phase on IEMs and cables, because it’s not unheard of for there to be QC issues with soldering out of phase (wires or drivers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back