1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. HungryPanda
    well what I have found about the three ZSN in our house, Purple has a hole in both ear pieces, the Cyan has no holes and the black have the hole in one ear piece but not the other. I am wondering if this is where the mould break off point was

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    SybilLance, CoiL, rokushoo and 3 others like this.
  2. BadReligionPunk
    Both my cyan and purple have holes.
    IMG_20181206_172058.jpg

ShakyJake and Slater like this.
  3. Bartig
    Why buy other KZ's when you can buy another ZSN? :p

Mine are the same. Apart from the color. I don't hear differences in sound either yet, so not sure about the 'cable does really make a difference' thing... could it be the purple one is just more expensive because it costs more to color the cable pink-ish? :)

Dani157 likes this.
  4. voicemaster
    If you want a definite upgrade from ZSN then get AS10.

Conest, Dani157 and PhonoPhi like this.
  5. mbwilson111
    All 3 colors cost us the same. $14 each.

6. Bartig
    Do they now? Not before. Good they do. :)

7. Mellowship
    The AS10 indeed has a more balanced sound signature... If only it had the build quality of the ZSN...

Dani157 likes this.
  8. HungryPanda
    I have tested both Purple ZSN and Black ZSN with same tips, same dac/amp and same tune with no volume change and can honestly say they are almost identical.

s8grave, Bartig, jibberish and 7 others like this.
  9. 1clearhead
    Yes, I stand corrected...:ok_hand: but it does maintain a steady premium flow of electricity due to the properties that it doesn't oxidize while other metals corrode in time.

PhonoPhi likes this.
  10. 1clearhead
    True, what I meant was...it maintains a steady premium flow of electricity due to the properties that it doesn't oxidize while other metals corrode in time.

I will rephrase my statement. Thanks for your input! :thumbsup:

11. 1clearhead
    Yea, I'll check all three(3) of my ZSN's when I get home from work tonight.

12. 1clearhead
    I have all three(3) ZSN's, so I'll check them when I get home tonight. ...forgot to mention, China time!

Bartig likes this.
  13. mbwilson111
    We bought them at 3 different times, but the colors were never different prices when we did it.

14. 1clearhead
    It does worry me a little...QC is a big deal and KZ should have made some progress by now. This makes the difference between a good and stable branded company and a company that lacks quality control.

...Come on, KZ! Get it together! :deadhorse:

rokushoo and Slater like this.
  15. BadReligionPunk
    I honestly feel that my cyan ZSN has a little bit more in the low-end then my purple, but to be fair, the cyan has about 100 hours on it and also has Sony hybrid tips on it, while the purple has about 5 minute on it and is bone stock.

That said. This is a really good pairing.
    IMG_20181206_181904.jpg

emeline, Bartig, hakuzen and 6 others like this.