Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 6, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #39,136 of 63,834
well what I have found about the three ZSN in our house, Purple has a hole in both ear pieces, the Cyan has no holes and the black have the hole in one ear piece but not the other. I am wondering if this is where the mould break off point was

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #39,137 of 63,834
Both my cyan and purple have holes.
IMG_20181206_172058.jpg

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #39,138 of 63,834
Hi guys, I have ZSNs and I'm totally in love with KZ sound (these are my 2nd KZs after ED9). Now I'm on a hunt for another KZ iems as there is a good sale on AliExpress. I'm torn between ES4 and ZSR as both are available for same $19 price. I'm looking for a good KZ piece under 20. Which should I purchase from the above ones? Or there are better alternatives in the same price bracket? Would appreciate everyone's help.

P.S. Simply love my ZSNs. They blow me away everytime I listen music via them
Why buy other KZ's when you can buy another ZSN? :p

well what I have found about the three ZSN in our house, Purple has a hole in both ear pieces, the Cyan has no holes and the black have the hole in one ear piece but not the other. I am wondering if this is where the mould break off point was
Mine are the same. Apart from the color. I don't hear differences in sound either yet, so not sure about the 'cable does really make a difference' thing... could it be the purple one is just more expensive because it costs more to color the cable pink-ish? :)

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #39,139 of 63,834
Hi guys, I have ZSNs and I'm totally in love with KZ sound (these are my 2nd KZs after ED9). Now I'm on a hunt for another KZ iems as there is a good sale on AliExpress. I'm torn between ES4 and ZSR as both are available for same $19 price. I'm looking for a good KZ piece under 20. Which should I purchase from the above ones? Or there are better alternatives in the same price bracket? Would appreciate everyone's help.

P.S. Simply love my ZSNs. They blow me away everytime I listen music via them

If you want a definite upgrade from ZSN then get AS10.

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #39,141 of 63,834
Dec 6, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #39,142 of 63,834
If you want a definite upgrade from ZSN then get AS10.
The AS10 indeed has a more balanced sound signature... If only it had the build quality of the ZSN...

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #39,143 of 63,834
I have tested both Purple ZSN and Black ZSN with same tips, same dac/amp and same tune with no volume change and can honestly say they are almost identical.

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #39,145 of 63,834
Actually, silver has a propagation index of 106. Copper is 100 and gold is 70. The benefit of gold is that it doesn't oxidize and silver and copper oxides 'can' have a negative effect on sound.

There are other theories on why such and such metals may have sonic signatures, but those are discussions for another day.

And yes, I have pure silver conductors: (Siltech LS-38 speaker cables) in my HiFi systems and I even have ICs made with very thin strands of 22k gold (Stealth PGS.) I got rid of my 3 pair of Audio Note~Japan AN-VZ pure silver (two 9s?) ICs, because at the time, I needed money.

Chris
True, what I meant was...it maintains a steady premium flow of electricity due to the properties that it doesn't oxidize while other metals corrode in time.

I will rephrase my statement. Thanks for your input! :thumbsup:

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #39,146 of 63,834
you can edit it and remove the content or write something different.

edited to add... you can fix typos, add to your post or anything using the edit feature. It perfect for when you forgot to add something... rather than write a new post. We are discouraged from writing several posts in a row... in fact, I believe if you read the posting guidelines it technically says we should not write multiple posts in a row.

edit 2 : @Slater when you post your photos of the ZSN vents I will check my Cyan pair.
Yea, I'll check all three(3) of my ZSN's when I get home from work tonight.

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #39,149 of 63,834
Mine do not look like that. There is no vent in my black/black ZSN.

It’s totally blocked off, ie the plastic body was never drilled. Only my purple one is drilled.

So here we are again, with differences. Some with vents, and others with no vents. Some wired in phase, others wired out of phase. Were the vents tuned that way on purpose? Was it an unintentional QC error? Who knows, each one is like a Fukubukuro mystery surprise bag!

So if someone is writing a review, or a people are reading a random review, or someone is giving their impressions, or someone else is making a recommendation, how do we know that the ZSN person #1 owns will be the same as the one person #2 buys?

How frustrating is that? KZ, you’re killin’ me Smalls.
It does worry me a little...QC is a big deal and KZ should have made some progress by now. This makes the difference between a good and stable branded company and a company that lacks quality control.

...Come on, KZ! Get it together! :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back