1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. randomnin
    Of course, there's a statistically most popular signature and it's not at all strange that graphs look alike, especially ones of the same manufacturer's gear. But I still wanted to specifically argue that ZSN, ES4 and ZS10 have the same 10mm DD tuned the same. That's how identical parts of the graphs I pointed out are, not to mention that that's the hypothesis that can raise more hell and discrepancies and polarization and stuff, which is always fun.

blur.png and SybilLance like this.
  2. LaughMoreDaily
    That's a brilliant idea since it makes the idea of creating a new IEM much easier. Hopefully someone scientifically inclined here can look into this.

blur.png and SybilLance like this.
  3. LaughMoreDaily
    Can't someone do a side-by-side listening comparison or I know, you probably have to go by graphs and stuff?

What does this mean either way, if true, that someone who bought the ZS10 got ripped off? :wink:

4. LaughMoreDaily
    My comment was, "I've been told they (Penon Audio) will no longer carry the AS10. I wonder why?"

I'm confused by your response?

5. BadReligionPunk
    I have all 3. All 3 are differant. Some similarities exist between es4 and zs10, but neither compare to ZSN. At work, so cant spend time further explaining. Will later though.

blur.png, SybilLance and Mybutthurts like this.
  6. Slater
    I was simply adding to your comment, not answering it. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know why they aren't going to carry the AS10.

However, I find it interesting that Penon is also currently blowing out the ED16 and SPC braided cable at or below cost, just like they recently blew out the AS10 below cost.

I agree there must be some reason for it. For the ED16, we know the reason - KZ isn't making it anymore. I was implying that it could be possible that maybe the same is true of the AS10, because why else would they be getting rid of their remaining stock so cheap?

Maybe Penon won't be carrying ANY KZ products. Or maybe there's something else going on that we don't know yet.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Zerohour88
    I wouldn't be surprised if Penon decided to stop carrying KZ's product. Judging from how much the prices vary according to market and how ridiculously ubiquitous KZ re-sellers are, they don't really have any incentive to do so. Plus people usually go to Penon for the ease of purchase and great support, so them supporting a product/brand that is prone to QC issues (relatively, of course) and probably has small margins seems counter-productive. All of this is just wild conjecture on my part, a.k.a me talking out of my bum.

It might just be production issues and Penon just didn't get any in stock.

8. Podster
    Well as a Topping fan myself (NX1/NX1s/NX2 & 4) I have found the same, I had a member shoot me down when they saw I had my NX1s attached to my Colorfly C3 saying it was not a good impedance match but just because it takes all the volume out of the C3 it does clean up my signal on almost all my iem's! Sure the C3 can drive the snot out of all my iem's but it also has a higher noise floor for me (for me may be the key here) and when I run the C3 signal thru my NX1s it just sound better, clean and pure. Of course with anything as subjective as what each of us hears at any given time on any given setup YMMV:rolling_eyes:

When I say I've tried this setup with a variety of iem's let's just say..................................

Budget My Eye.JPG
    C3NX1sA5.JPG
    C3TOMaster.JPG C3 Top Rockets.JPG C3 NobleXTop.JPG Tasty Budget.JPG
    Topping C3 4in1.JPG

And since we are in the KZ thread:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Topped ZSTC3NX1.JPG
    One Oh One.JPG
    Gorgeous Budget.JPG

9. LaughMoreDaily
    I think Penon canceled my AS10 purchase when it was $33 because they'd be losing money. I bought it when it was in stock and then they turned around and said it wasn't. I'm pretty sure you can't order a product on their website if it isn't in stock.

10. Slater
    Meh, I say if it works for you who cares what anyone else thinks. As I tell my teenager all the time “opinions are like ***holes, everybody’s got one.”

11. Slater
    So I wonder if anyone actually got the $33 price, or if they pulled that trick to others? Maybe they were just using it to drive traffic to their site in the midst of “Black friday fever”?

Some big retailers do it; only having 1 TV in stock at some ridiculous $99 price. And who knows if they even sell that 1. They could just tell everyone “that one is out of stock, but we have these other nice ones over here for $500”.

djmakemynight and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  12. alex5908
    Hello everybody,
    Can anybody compare KZ ZSA and AS10? Which is bassier? Other frequencies and specs are of interest too. I am reluctant to buy both.

13. Podster
    Ain't it the truth, I've often thought about buying the esoteric/TOTL stuff but I personally enjoy the ride and believe me I've had some very magical audio moments with entire rigs costing me less than $500 and far less than some single pairs of iem's from those who are far more proud of their stuff than I am impressed:smirk: There I said it and so glad I said it in here (KZ Thread) than in the "Portable Rig" thread as I could see/feel the "Tiny Daggers" flying my way now:scream: LOL

I've said it before and I'll say it again for my old ears the Cayin N3 with a pair of BGVP DMG's (shopped out can be had for <$200) might just be the best bargain in portable music today now mind you this is just some old fools opinion but seriously it would be better listening than 99.9% of the planet's population ever gets to hear:thumbsup:Now keep in mind I'm just talking me and my old ears but if one considers ROI/Diminishing returns I'm not sure I could ever justify the additional $9800.00 one would pay to have the Ultimate Wizard's, Stainless Steel AK380 as well as Esoteric cables on them over the N3/DMG's but of course you would have some serious chops and bragging rights galore:thinking: Not to dis those who have unlimited funds but one would hope even they might consider the return on investment especially if they are the type who pull an "Indiana Jones" and "Choose Wisely":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14. voicemaster
    Why not the ZSN?

15. durwood
    I ordered one from them and it said it shipped. Gearbest has or had them at 40 the other day with a coupon code.